Photo
- - - - -

So we finally let Desmond outside and................

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Rayzeeday

Rayzeeday
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 02:10 AM

Last week Desmond turned a year and we let him outside with Tiger. All was well for three days, then on his fourth day Amy and I were in the house and heard him wailing for all he was worth. I turned to look out the deck and saw him pacing and wailing on the railing on the deck. I immediately went outside and grabbed him only to see a full grown fox at the base of the deck trying to figure out where the stairs were. He took off in a bolt when I came out. Kind or scared me to death seeing our cat Pigpen fell victim to a fisher or fox last summer. I do give kudos to Desmond for seeking high ground and screaming for me. Amy has talked me into a pellet gun by the back door. Ah the joys of living in Maine!

#2 sums

sums

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 10,420 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 02:50 AM

yikes! i'm glad he's ok!

#3 thegoodwife

thegoodwife
  • VibeTribe
  • 67 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 29 March 2011 - 02:59 AM

Geez, good that you were able to hear him. can you see clearly before you leave the door that no critters are outside? Are you thinking a pellet gun is all you need? hope it makes big noise!

#4 Rayzeeday

Rayzeeday
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 05:21 AM

Amy wanted a .22 cal or bigger. I am ex military spec war and hate having any guns around my house. To me they are a tool with a purpose which no longer had a purpose in my life, until now!!!!!!!!!! After the heartache of losing Pig last year my nerves cannot take another loss like that, so a gun it is. On top of all this our jeep died saturday forcing us to go in debt some more. So it looks likes no vibes this year. Oh well, thank goddess Desmond is safe but cannot go out until the ice on the lake melts seeing thats how the foxes roam out of their territory in winter.

#5 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,618 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 11:34 AM

how scary! smart boy Desmond! :)

#6 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,999 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 02:26 PM

Whew! Good boy Desmond! Call for help always :)

#7 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,722 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 06:15 PM

Eek, that is so scary! :eek:

That's a big reason why I refuse to let my cats outside. I might be an overprotective Mommy, but no way could I deal with the loss of a kitty in that manner. :(

#8 Rayzeeday

Rayzeeday
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 01:17 AM

So I have been taking him outside with me for a couple of hours a day and once the ice melts he will be free. A couple of days ago he climbed his first tree next to the shed. I was so proud for him. He knows his name well and I only have to call once for him to come to the door to go in. Gaaaaaaawwwwwwwd, I love Desmond!:Phishfolk: