• 9,246 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:32 PM

Yep.

#404 KrisNYG

KrisNYG
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,246 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:33 PM

There's a better pic but it had the lic plate in it so I didn't post it. BOO! FU Sandy!

#405 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,224 posts
  • LocationAbove The Waves

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:42 PM

He just got it less then a month ago.

#406 SunshineDrummer

SunshineDrummer

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 12,391 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:50 PM

Yeah..saw his post on FB earlier. Really a damn shame, its a sweet ride.

To his credit, he's taking it in stride. Said something like: The car's insured, no one got hurt & the tree didn't hit the house 10 feet away.

#407 cassady

cassady

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 18,251 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:54 PM

damn

#408 SunshineDrummer

SunshineDrummer

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 12,391 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:56 PM

Manhattan's getting clobbered! Con Ed shut down power to lower Manhattan, its all flooded down there. And check this out, the winds tore this building's facade clean off!

Posted Image

#409 Jim

Jim

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 3,929 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:35 AM

According to the National Hurricane Center, Sandy is now "Post Tropical Cyclone Sandy"... Really! :rolleyes:

#410 cheeseweasel

cheeseweasel
  • VibeTribe
  • 802 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:47 AM

Yup. The jet stteam and noreaster ate her. She is just part of the large low now.

#411 Jwheelz

Jwheelz
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,879 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:10 AM

Yup. The jet stteam and noreaster ate her. She is just part of the large low now.

Sandy spent all day blowing, it's about time someone returned the favor...

#412 TheDHJ

TheDHJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 32,468 posts
  • LocationSouthern Colorado

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:33 AM

#413 TheDHJ

TheDHJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 32,468 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:54 AM

9 p.m.: Pearl River man killed when tree falls onto his house; wife, 3 teenagers injured

Jesus...my parents are worried about trees falling on the house...

#414 TheDHJ

TheDHJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 32,468 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:56 AM

A 56-year-old Pearl River man was killed and his family injured when a tree fell through the roof of their Robin Street home this evening, authorities said.

The death is the first reported Sandy-related fatality in the Lower Hudson Valley.

The man, his wife and their three teenage children were sitting together in the family room on the second floor when the tree fell around 6 p.m., said Ray Florida, executive director of Rockland Paramedics Services.
“They were all together and just without warning, the tree came right through the roof,” he said. “They didn’t even have a chance to get out of the way.”

Florida said the mother is in critical condition with severe head wounds, a teenage daughter is in serious condition and two other teens suffered lesser injuries. All are being treated at the Emergency Department at Nyack Hospital.

Their identities weren’t immediately available.

The Pearl River Fire Department extricated the mother from the house, Florida said.

“They were doing all the right things,” Florida said. “They were home, they were in the house, they were following all the proper directions. It’s just very tragic. It’s just one of those things that happens in a situation like this.”

#415 TheDHJ

TheDHJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 32,468 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:03 AM

Official death toll is 9...wow.

Are you guys all safe?

#416 TheDHJ

TheDHJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 32,468 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:13 AM

Apparent ConEd plant explosion at 14th and FDR.

#417 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,248 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:24 AM

My sister stayed home...in Rockway Beach...with her husband. Their building (thank goodness she is on the 6th floor) has now been surrounded by the ocean, which rushed up and engulfed every car and house in the neighborhood. She just sent me a text saying 'basically, it's f***ing Armageddon' and that they hide in the bathroom when the winds REALLY howl. This is just awful... Awful. i have at least 50 texts from friends and family saying that they are terrified, their car washed away or the first floor of their house has 4 feet of water....

Much love and light to all who are in danger. May safety come to them soon :heart:

#418 SunshineDrummer

SunshineDrummer

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 12,391 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:24 AM

Just saw that video on FB. Manhattan is getting its ass kicked, especially downtown. NYSE is under 3 feet of water.

#419 TheDHJ

TheDHJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 32,468 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:27 AM

I guess Bloomberg and Cuomo did the right thing. Good on them.

#420 SunshineDrummer

SunshineDrummer

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 12,391 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:37 AM

I guess Bloomberg and Cuomo did the right thing. Good on them.

I think they did. Christie, too. The only misstep I think Bloomberg made was ordering all city employees to get to work, including nonessentials. I realize there's a certain portion of city employees that have to get in on days like this, but I don't know about forcing nonessential personnel to take the risk. But overall, I think this was handled well. Hoping they manage the aftermath as well. This is going to be one hell of a cleanup. I'm scared of what I'll see outside once the sun comes up.

#421 TheDHJ

TheDHJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 32,468 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:38 AM

Prolly like a zombie apocalypse...prolly.

#422 SunshineDrummer

SunshineDrummer

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 12,391 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:51 AM

Just found out that a friend pretty much lost her house. Water was up to the windows at last report. No way to get in touch with her, I hope they're somewhere safe. :sad:

#423 tyedyedee

tyedyedee

uniquely dee

• VibeTribe
  • 10,005 posts
  • Locationboston-ish

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:56 AM

send your thoughts to tatum and her drummer...they may come home to needing a new place to live :plain: :heart:
at least they are safe, though...

nothing here at all, some 40 or so mph gusts, never lost power...got lucky

tony lost power early this afternoon
but the town he lives in seems to lose power if someone even whispers the word 'wind' :dunno:

seems like lower manhattan and the jersey shore bore the brunt this time

#424 TheDHJ

TheDHJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 32,468 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:57 AM

:(

Well...I think Jim Cantore just said there's not three feet of water at the NYSE...and that mass transit might be shut down for a week.

#425 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,248 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:06 AM

Sending LOADS of love to Tatum and her fiance....I know they are in the thick of it and sstand to lose so much. (((Tatum)))

Send the loves to Rockaway Beach too please.....it's a barrier island (peninsula) and they have borne the brunt of a lot of this surge.

(((Rockaway folks and everyone affected by this storm)))

#426 TheDHJ

TheDHJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 32,468 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:09 AM

Sending LOADS of love to Tatum and her fiance....I know they are in the thick of it and sstand to lose so much. (((Tatum)))

Send the loves to Rockaway Beach too please.....it's a barrier island (peninsula) and they have borne the brunt of a lot of this surge.

(((Rockaway folks and everyone affected by this storm)))

Love to Taters and drummer....:heart:

and....

#427 TheDHJ

TheDHJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 32,468 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:12 AM

Posted Image

Hoboken PATH! :eek:

#428 SunshineDrummer

SunshineDrummer

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 12,391 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:13 AM

seems like lower manhattan and the jersey shore bore the brunt this time

Lower Manhattan is pretty much underwater. Its a total mess down there and high tide is just starting to hit now. My understanding is that most (if not all) of the Atlantic City boardwalk is gone.

Hoping Taters & Andrew come home to a home.

#429 TheDHJ

TheDHJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 32,468 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:34 AM

Apparently Sayerville is fucked...rooftop rescues, etc. I wonder if Hunka Bunka made it. Also, sounds like Greenwich, CT has parts that are being evacuated.

#430 TheDHJ

TheDHJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 32,468 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:46 AM

A blizzard in Snowshoe, WV. Sandy has a sense of humor...

#431 SunshineDrummer

SunshineDrummer

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 12,391 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:53 AM

Ground Zero construction site in Lower Manhattan:

Posted Image

#432 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,248 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:05 AM

Go P's car. :(

Posted Image

Posted Image

(((Go P)))

SO sorry :(

#433 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,248 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:00 AM

Loads of fires burning in my home town..... Apparently power lines fell and set the church rectory, local restaurant and a load of homes on fire. The restaurant that burned is across the street from where flight 587 crashed in Nov 2001. Even worse, the owners of the restaurant lost a brother, a son and partner in the WTC on 9/11. The sadness never ends for these folks... :(

#434 manzanita stark

manzanita stark
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,491 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:58 AM

Praying everyone is safe. We got lucky, no where near what was forecast.

#435 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:52 AM

Just waking up here in asbury park. Lost power around 830 last night, still have gas and hot water...we made it thru virtually unscathed despite close proximity to the ocean and some fierce winds. Even the red maple in our backyard made it thru without any busted limbs. Trash can were blown around, and some other debris...but im looking at some blue sky right now. Ill send pics of asbury boardwalk in a few minutes, when we take a walk out there...

#436 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,248 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:55 AM

Loads of fires burning in my home town..... Apparently power lines fell and set the church rectory, local restaurant and a load of homes on fire. The restaurant that burned is across the street from where flight 587 crashed in 2011. Even worse, the owners of the restaurant lost a brother and partner in the WTC on 9/11. The sadness never ends for these folks... :(

At least 50 homes burned to the ground....more fires raging out of control in Rockaway and Breezy Point. My heart is breaking for everyone....

#437 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,937 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:18 PM

Vibes for everyone affected by the storm. <3

I really lucked out. There was some pretty serious wind later in the day yesterday, but other than a couple of flickers, the power stayed on the whole time*. Phone/tronz went out and are still out, but that ain't no big deal.

* I guess after the storm last October Gov. Dannel really leaned on the utilities to clean up tress/branches around the power lines.

#438 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 24,002 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:21 PM

Vibes for everyone affected by the storm. <3

This :heart:

#439 vinandtonic

vinandtonic
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,753 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:48 PM

<3

#440 tyedyedee

tyedyedee

uniquely dee

• VibeTribe
  • 10,005 posts
  • Locationboston-ish

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:48 PM

my power never went out
i got lucky
just got a text from tony and his is still out...
havent heard from tatum yet...
i am pretty sure briannes town got hit hard but she is inland a bit so i *hope* they are fine

are beany and wonka in that part of manhattan?

the pics of the queens fire is :eek:

#441 Depends

Depends
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,517 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:52 PM

I lucked out. Where I once had a fence, I now have a boardwalk. About 30' of fence blown down. Never lost power...

#442 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 24,002 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:53 PM

Oct 30, 8:39 AM EDT

A state-by-state look at the East Coast superstorm

AP Photo/Elise Amendola
US Video

Buy AP Photo Reprints

Multimedia
Cold Weather throughout Midwest
Tornado primer
PHOTO GALLERY

Severe Weather

Latest Weather News
Nature slams campaigns into real world
DC Metro to reopen at 2 p.m. on limited basis

At least 80 flooded houses destroyed by NYC fire

For travelers, Sandy's aggravation spans globe

NC ocean search continues for tall ship's captain

Interactives
An interactive timeline of deadly floods and a look at how mudslides form

The massive storm that started out as Hurricane Sandy slammed into the East Coast and morphed into a huge and problematic system, putting more than 7.5 million homes and businesses in the dark and causing at least 18 deaths. Here's a snapshot of what is happening, state by state.

CAROLINAS

North Carolina Gov. Beverly Perdue expanded a state of emergency to western North Carolina, which could see a foot of snow. A woman who was pulled from the Atlantic after abandoning a tall ship died. Power outages: 6,600.

CONNECTICUT

The Long Island Sound flooded roads as the storm toppled trees and power lines Two people died, including an Easton firefighter who was killed when a tree fell on his truck. Power outages: More than 615,000.

DELAWARE

Nearly all residents of flood-prone coastal communities in Kent County heeded calls to evacuate. The Rehoboth Beach and Dewey Beach resort communities were flooded. Power outages: More than 45,000.

ILLINOIS

High wind warnings and a lakeshore flood warning are in effect Tuesday and Wednesday in Chicago. City officials said Lake Shore Drive is expected to remain open.

KENTUCKY

A winter storm warning is in effect for three southeastern counties until Wednesday. In some areas, winds could gust up to 50 mph through Tuesday.

MAINE

Wind gusts topped 60 mph, shutting down the port of Portland and knocking out power to homes and businesses. Power outages: More than 86,000.

MARYLAND

Floodwaters swamped touristy Ocean City. In western Maryland, snow tied up traffic. A falling tree killed a man in Pasadena. Power outages: 290,000.

MASSACHUSETTS

Strong winds and heavy surf led to mandatory evacuations in sections of coastal Dartmouth and Fall River and voluntary evacuations in other coastal communities. Power outages: More than 300,000.

MICHIGAN

High winds knocked out power to at least 60,000 homes and businesses.

NEW HAMPSHIRE

Politicians canceled visits to the presidential swing state on Monday. Power outages: 179,000.

NEW JERSEY

The center of the storm came ashore Monday evening near Atlantic City, which was cut off from the mainland by the storm surge along with other barrier islands, stranding residents who ignored warnings to evacuate. Hundreds of people were being evacuated after a levee broke in the northern New Jersey town of Moonachie. At least three deaths were reported. Power outages: More than 2.3 million.

NEW YORK

A record storm surge that was higher than predicted along with high winds damaged the electrical system and plunged millions of people into darkness. Utilities say it could be up to a week before power is fully restored. The governor's office said there were five storm-related deaths. A fire burned 50 houses in one flooded section of Queens. Power outages: More than 1.8 million.

OHIO

The Cleveland area and northeast Ohio were being slammed with rain and high winds. Snow was reported in some parts south of Cleveland and south of Columbus. Power outages: More than 250,000.

PENNSYLVANIA

Wind and flooding closing more than 200 bridges and roads. Four people died, including an 8-year-old boy who was killed when a tree limb fell on him. Power outages: 1.2 million.

RHODE ISLAND

Howling winds and storm surges forced mandatory and voluntary evacuations in low-lying and coastal communities. Providence's hurricane barrier performed well in one of its biggest tests. Power outages: 115,000.

TENNESSEE

Snow expected in higher elevations, where a freeze warning has been issued. High winds expected in many areas.

VERMONT

Winds knocked down trees and power lines, and schools were closed. Power outages: More than 10,000.

VIRGINIA

Utilities brought in crews to help restore power after high winds and snow. A curfew was ordered Monday on Chincoteague Island. Power outages: More than 131,000.

WASHINGTON, D.C.

Federal and local governments will remain closed Tuesday along with the courts, public schools and the Metro system that serves 1.2 million weekday customers. Widespread cancellations are expected at the region's three major airports. Power outages: 25,000.

WEST VIRGINIA

Some areas are buried under more than a foot of snow. A woman was killed in a traffic crash. Power outages: More than 128,000.

WISCONSIN

A village along Lake Michigan suggested residents evacuate Tuesday morning because of the possibility of dangerously high waves and flooding.

http://hosted.ap.org...EMPLATE=DEFAULT

#443 Depends

Depends
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,517 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:53 PM

Whoa. GoP's car!!!

A little rubbing compound will fix that...

#444 Lemireacle

Lemireacle
  • VibeTribe
  • 28,647 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:57 PM

:heart:

#445 deadheadskier

deadheadskier
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,441 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:00 PM

A blizzard in Snowshoe, WV. Sandy has a sense of humor...

I used to live there. Why couldn't the bitch have come in 2003 so I could have skied 3 feet of Powder in October. :joker:

#446 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,937 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:04 PM

(((Go P)))

SO sorry :(

Indeed.

#447 TheDHJ

TheDHJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 32,468 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:22 PM

Sounds like no one will be traveling by rail for a good long time.

#448 Spidergawd

Spidergawd
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,988 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:31 PM

Breezy Point. :sad:

Many have lost their homes, cars, everything. It's truly horrible. Rockaways are devastated.

Posted Image

#449 Spidergawd

Spidergawd
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,988 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:34 PM

Here's what it looked like a few hours ago. Unbelievable.

Posted Image

#450 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,288 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:36 PM

had some scares last night but ot all worked. out