• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#51 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:56 PM

if you have friends in California... be sure to tell them to wear flowers in their hair.

#52 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,669 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:15 AM

Posted Image

Russia's consumer-rights watchdog said Tuesday it has suspended the import and use of a genetically engineered corn made by Monsanto Co. following a study's findings that suggested the crop might cause cancer.

The consumer-rights watchdog, Rospotrebnadzor, said the country's Institute of Nutrition has been asked to assess the
validity of the study.

The study, conducted by France's University of Caen and published last week, found that rats fed over a two-year period with the U.S. crop-biotechnology company's genetically modified NK603 corn, marketed under the Roundup Ready brand name, developed more tumors and other severe diseases than a test group fed with regular corn.

Continue reading: http://on.wsj.com/TsQlir
— with Elsa Aldeguer.

EDIT TO BE FAIR: study debunked: http://spreadliberty...udy-is-a-flunk/

but also worth considering:

#53 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,669 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:21 AM

Posted Image

#54 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,669 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:22 AM

"DDT IS GOOD FOR YOU!!!"

"SMOKING ISN'T ADDICTIVE!!"

GMOs WILL SAVE THE WORLD!!!"

#55 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,505 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:37 AM

blah blah...have fun with ur anemic bug ridden corn :lol:

#56 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,669 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:34 AM

and Kenya...

#57 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,669 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:35 AM

blah blah...have fun with ur anemic bug ridden corn :lol:

have fun with yer Bt toxin corn :coffee:

#58 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,451 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:04 AM

The fatalist in me says why fight it, something is gonna kill you eventually. Life may be too short to sweat atiff like whether or not
GMO corn is good or bad. I also truly believe that the only way to ever be able to colonize other worlds is going
To be to use specially genetically bred plants that will be able to adapt to hostile conditins. Gotta start somewhere.

#59 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,669 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:33 PM

The fatalist in me says why fight it, something is gonna kill you eventually. Life may be too short to sweat atiff like whether or not
GMO corn is good or bad. I also truly believe that the only way to ever be able to colonize other worlds is going
To be to use specially genetically bred plants that will be able to adapt to hostile conditins. Gotta start somewhere.

Life is too short to consider whether or not food that's bred to create a toxin which is designed to kill other organisms is a "good" idea?

Whether lab-induced genetic manipulations getting out into the wild is a sensible idea?

Whether we have a responsibility to those who are yet to come not to do things which could really fuck up their food supply? To other living things, such as the butterflies which seem to be succumbing to eating GMO pollen?

We have to die of something, someday. But I'm in no hurry.

#60 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,370 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:35 PM

Well, instead of colonizing another world, we can genetically modify this one and pretend we went somewhere else. :dunno:

#61 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,669 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:38 PM

#62 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,669 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:44 PM

this is pure silliness, Hoagie

fails to hold up when both analogical reasoning and common sense,are applied.

#63 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,669 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:53 PM

Posted Image

#64 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,669 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:05 PM

??