stones officially announce dates

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#51 KrisNYG

KrisNYG
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,909 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:18 PM

Actually I take that back, we wound up paying $125, not $200.

#52 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,719 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:57 PM

I'd pay $45.

#53 Jwheelz

Jwheelz
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,827 posts
  • LocationNutmeg State

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:16 PM

don't you mean lolKurtLoder?

#54 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,441 posts
  • LocationAbove The Waves

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:43 PM

don't you mean lolKurtLoder?

Kurt Loder is the man he was mega lolold when he started on MTV News :gregoir:

#55 insolent cur

insolent cur

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 327 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:56 PM

No way, you mean actual members of the band write the majority of their tunes? :eek:

well, i think they cover a couple of phish tunes. or so i've heard. :funny1:

#56 Again and Again

Again and Again
  • VibeTribe
  • 800 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:16 AM

And when the Dead reunited in 2009, also after five years, it was $95 for any seat in the house. Heads screamed and hollered about that pricing. Sure seems a lot more reasonable now, don'it? (Mmmmmm....donut)

#57 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,467 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:15 PM

well, i think they cover a couple of phish tunes. or so i've heard. :funny1:

Oh yeah, they crush that "Loving Cup" tune!

#58 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,824 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:24 PM

And when the Dead reunited in 2009, also after five years, it was $95 for any seat in the house. Heads screamed and hollered about that pricing. Sure seems a lot more reasonable now, don'it? (Mmmmmm....donut)

This was my response at the time:

Posted Image

#59 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,824 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:25 PM

'Course that said, if I hadn'ta caved and gone to see 'em, I prolly wouldn't know you all, so it was 95 bucks well spent. :)

#60 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:59 PM

'Course that said, if I hadn'ta caved and gone to see 'em, I prolly wouldn't know you all, so it was 95 bucks well spent. :)

You got ripped off dude :wink:

#61 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,824 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:28 PM

:lol:

#62 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,932 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:59 PM

October 16, 2012 9:19 AM ET

Keith Richards hinted at more Rolling Stones shows to come in a chat with the BBC's Matt Everitt as the band continues to celebrate their 50th anniversary.
"You know I wouldn't be surprised," said Richards, when asked if the Stones would be playing more than just the four shows announced yesterday. "Nobody's actually given a heads up on that, but I don't think that this band is gonna wind up all of this for four shows. I think they want to do something for the end of the year, and I think next year probably looks like it's on."

The band is currently set to take the stage at Lodnon's O2 Arena on November 25th and 29th, while on December 13th and 15th they'll hop across the pond to play Newark's Prudential Center.
Shows next year would be even more apt, as Richards points out that the Stones consider next year the group's real 50th birthday because 1963 marks the year Charlie Watts joined the group. "This year to us is a conception," joked Richards, "next year is the birth, but everybody around the world has decided a conception's worth a celebration."

When asked about the possibility of the band playing England's famed Glastonbury festival, Richards quipped with a laugh, "On a good day if the weather's fine, that's an interesting proposition." He added, "I think the band wants to get these four gigs under their belt and think about next year after that. But anything's possible with this band, you know."

#63 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:09 PM

translation = MONEY GRAB

#64 melissaphish

melissaphish
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,798 posts
  • LocationHawleyville, MA

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:24 PM

October 16, 2012 9:19 AM ET

Keith Richards hinted at more Rolling Stones shows to come in a chat with the BBC's Matt Everitt as the band continues to celebrate their 50th anniversary.
"You know I wouldn't be surprised," said Richards, when asked if the Stones would be playing more than just the four shows announced yesterday. "Nobody's actually given a heads up on that, but I don't think that this band is gonna wind up all of this for four shows. I think they want to do something for the end of the year, and I think next year probably looks like it's on."

The band is currently set to take the stage at Lodnon's O2 Arena on November 25th and 29th, while on December 13th and 15th they'll hop across the pond to play Newark's Prudential Center.
Shows next year would be even more apt, as Richards points out that the Stones consider next year the group's real 50th birthday because 1963 marks the year Charlie Watts joined the group. "This year to us is a conception," joked Richards, "next year is the birth, but everybody around the world has decided a conception's worth a celebration."

When asked about the possibility of the band playing England's famed Glastonbury festival, Richards quipped with a laugh, "On a good day if the weather's fine, that's an interesting proposition." He added, "I think the band wants to get these four gigs under their belt and think about next year after that. But anything's possible with this band, you know."

I distrust any news source that cannot properly spell London.

#65 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,467 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:09 PM

translation = MONEY GRAB

You are aware that none of the Rolling Stones are in any way shape or form hurting for cash, right?
These shows are not about any of them actually needing cash. :wink:

#66 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,824 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:24 PM

bs, should be free. I mean, if they really had the secret to happiness, they would share it with the world for free.

Oops. Wrong thread.

GRIN

#67 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,467 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:32 PM

:funny1:

Music resonates with the emotional center. :wink:

#68 Again and Again

Again and Again
  • VibeTribe
  • 800 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:09 PM

I wonder what they need to break even, what they will take home as profit, and who helped set the prices. I'm sure if I was their age and going out on the hard road, I'd want to make it worth my while, too.

#69 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,441 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:24 PM

No it doesn't. I went to the Albany show and still want my fucking money back. God awful is what it was.

#70 Lemireacle

Lemireacle
  • VibeTribe
  • 27,715 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:51 PM

Nope it doesn't seem reasonable now, as I didn't think it was reasonable then, and didn't pay that for any of the shows I saw that spring.

#71 williscat2000

williscat2000
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,446 posts
  • LocationNorthern NJ

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:23 PM

Steel wheels tour was sort of rusty but I love what they did to rock and roll

#72 Jwheelz

Jwheelz
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,827 posts
  • LocationNutmeg State

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:39 PM

I went to that same tour in Philly in 2009 and I seem to remember only paying $65, I think? :dunno:

#73 cdrhead

cdrhead
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,130 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:18 PM

did you see what the service charge is on a $750 ticket ?????

#74 insolent cur

insolent cur

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 327 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:26 PM

Oh yeah, they crush that "Loving Cup" tune!

:funny1:

#75 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,467 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:32 PM

By Andy Greene
October 17, 2012 3:45 PM ET
The Rolling Stones have uploaded a photo of a yellow legal pad with the titles of 22 songs written on it to their official Twitter account. It appears to be in Mick Jagger's handwriting. The band is rehearsing in Europe right now for their upcoming four-date tour, and this is clearly a list of songs they're rehearsing. Here's the list as it appears on the page, along with six things we've learned from it.

"She's So Cold"
"You Got Me Rocking"
"All Down the Line"
"Respectable"
"Tumbling Dice"
"Honky Tonk Woman"
"Beast of Burden"
"Wild Horses"
"Can't Always Get"
"It's All Over Now"
"Lady Jane"
"Rt. 66"
"Little Red Rooster"
"Miss You"
"Not Fade Away"
"She's So Cold"
"Start Me"
"Sweet Va"
"Worried About You"
"Paint It Black"
"The Last Time"
"Ruby Tuesday"
"Midnight Rambler"

twitter.com/RollingStones/…

— The Rolling Stones (@RollingStones) October 15, 2012
1. Some real deep cuts might surface on this tour. The Stones haven't performed "Lady Jane" since the Sixties, and "Route 66," "Little Red Rooster," "Not Fade Away" and "The Last Time" are also not songs they trot out very often.

2. They aren't neglecting the Eighties. That work is much better than its reputation suggests, and it's good to see they're at least considering "She's So Cold" and "Worried About You" for the tour. (They even list "She's So Cold" twice.)

3. There's no escape from "You Got Me Rocking." The track is definitely one of the better songs from 1994's Voodoo Lounge, but it's been played live an absurd number of times over the last two decades. Hey Mick, it's time to move on. Reminds us of Bob Dylan's fixation with "Silvio" during the Nineties.

4. As always, the show will be focused on the hits. Jagger says he hates to look at the audience and see blank faces, so the Stones' set lists are always chock-full of giant hits. The fact they're bothering to even rehearse "Tumbling Dice," "Honky Tonk Woman," "Miss You" and "Start Me Up" suggests those songs are very likely to surface yet again. They don't list "Satisfaction," "Jumping Jack Flash" and "It's Only Rock and Roll" here, but that's probably because they could all play those songs in their sleep.

5. This is clearly not going to be the running order of the show. It would be cool if they opened with "She's So Cold" and played it again halfway through the show, skipping many of their signature songs – but that ain't gonna happen.

6. This is a bit more pre-Beggars Banquet songs than we usually see. Often they only break out "Satisfaction," "Paint It Black" and a tiny handful more from this period, but there are six of them here. Hopefully they're trying to acknowledge their entire history here, as opposed to just 1968 to 1981.

Read more: http://www.rollingst...7#ixzz29aukk1C0

#76 nikkiblue

nikkiblue
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,217 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:21 PM

the steel wheels show at Jones beach in 1989 was one of the most amazing shows I have ever seen in my life.

Mick actually climbed up the side scaffolding on the stage when Sympathy for the Devil started, . the whole audience was like 'Where the F is he?" (Mick) and then when we all noticed he was all the way up there, the crowd went wild...

Epic. I will never forget it. <3

#77 Feck

Feck
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,753 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:15 PM

AMEX presale is today, an $850 seat came up, way at the back of section 22 .
upper section seats were $155, but most were prolly $250.

and now, section 1, row, 1 seat 6 for thursday $850.

#78 insolent cur

insolent cur

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 327 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:15 PM

the steel wheels show at Jones beach in 1989 was one of the most amazing shows I have ever seen in my life.

i saw them on that tour! though i saw them inside and i don't think mick had any scaffolding to climb...but as a "consolation prize," john lee hooker joined the stones on stage. :)

#79 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,441 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:22 PM

Mick actually climbed up the side scaffolding on the stage when Sympathy for the Devil started, . the whole audience was like 'Where the F is he?" (Mick) and then when we all noticed he was all the way up there, the crowd went wild...

Epic. I will never forget it. <3

Wow I never realized you were a lololdperson until now :lol:

#80 Feesh

Feesh
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,580 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:24 PM

Well, they are arguably the World's Greatest Rock Band, but that's freakin' expensive!

#81 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,932 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 01:47 PM

The Rolling Stones announced a surprise "warm-up gig" in Paris, and within an hour the Champs Elysees was swarming with fans hoping to get satisfaction with one of the 350 tickets for the Thursday night show.

The €15 ($19.5) tickets, announced on the Rolling Stones Twitter account, came with strings attached: No more than two per person, names printed on them and IDs required at the door at the show intended as a prep for the band's 50th anniversary arena shows in London and Newark, New Jersey.

Guitarist Ronnie Wood had said in an interview with NME this week that the Stones could play several small clubs, possibly under the name the Cockroaches, an alias they've used before.

The group has not played together live in five years.

#82 Lemireacle

Lemireacle
  • VibeTribe
  • 27,715 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 02:05 PM

Bill and Mick Taylor will sit in with the band!!

Guitarist Mick Taylor and bassist Bill Wyman, the two surviving ex-members of The Rolling Stones, will guest with the reactivated band later this year. Keith Richards confirmed the news in a recent interview with Rolling Stone. Taylor and Wyman will each join The Rolling Stones’ current lineup for a few songs at both London’s 02 Arena and Newark, NJ’s Prudential Center. “[Current Stones bassist] Darryl Jones and Bill can talk about songs they want to step in and out of,” Richards told the magazine. The guitarist also hints that guests like Eric Clapton and Jeff Beck may join the Stones for their second Prudential Center show, which will be broadcast on pay-per-view.

Classic Stones bassist Wyman played with the group from 1963-1993. More recently, he reunited with his former band to record a tribute to founding Stones piano player Ian Stewart that was released in 2011. Taylor only played with the Stones from late 1969-1974 but he contributed to some of the band’s most successful and influential recordings. Stewart and founding guitarist Brian Jones, the band’s other two core ex-members, died in 1985 and 1969, respectively.

Members of the Stones’ longtime backing band like keyboardist Chuck Leavell and saxophonist Bobby Keys will also be part of the group’s current lineup.

#83 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,776 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 02:44 PM

shouldn't they be on social security by now?

#84 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,776 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 02:44 PM

bs, should be free. I mean, if they really had the secret to happiness, they would share it with the world for free. Oops. Wrong thread. GRIN

:lol:

#85 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,467 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 02:55 PM

I am blow away by the number of tickets seemingly already available on the "secondary market."

#86 cdrhead

cdrhead
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,130 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:44 PM

Trade your house for a pit ticket ???????????????????????????????

#87 Feck

Feck
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,753 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:49 PM

Barclays Center 12/8, on sale might be 11/19

http://www.ticketmas...01&minorcatid=1

Barclays Center
620 Atlantic Ave, (at the corner of Atlantic Ave and Flatbush Ave), Brooklyn, NY 11217 Sat, Dec 8, 2012 08:00 PM

US $99.50 Ticket + US $14.25 Fees =
US $113.75 Limited Availability at this Price

US $754.50 Ticket + US $77.40 Fees =
US $831.90

#88 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,274 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:52 PM

Limited Availability will all go to their reseller.

#89 Feck

Feck
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,753 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:02 PM

or just the last rows w/ limited sight lines in the top sections

#90 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,467 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:21 PM

Am Ex presale is tomorrow or Thursday.

#91 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,800 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:15 PM

got paid about a hundred to be in front of front row, and walk them to the van. :coffee: :rolleyes:

#92 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,467 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:16 PM

Can I touch you?

#93 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,274 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:19 PM