• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#1 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:56 AM

well, actually, you have to search images... so it's more of a visual representation of completely wrong than a definition... but it's good so you all gotta go do it... now

#2 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,411 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:14 AM

Top of the "search" page as well as the top of the "news" page shows this

News for completely wrongI guess they really are pretty much the same :lol:

#3 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,442 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:42 AM

Top of the "search" page as well as the top of the "news" page shows this

News for completely wrong

I guess they really are pretty much the same :lol:

here is what I got when I googled "completely wrong"

News for completely wrong

• Romney: "Completely Wrong" on 47 Percent Comment

The Hollywood Gossip‎ - 32 minutes ago
    Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney is again trying to distance himself from his infamous "47 percent" comment, calling it completely wrong.

#4 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,411 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:04 PM

The big difference is Romney is admitting he was "completely wrong" in saying the stupid shit that he said.

Meanwhile the "completely wrong" from the Obama administration is about the lies they tried to feed the American people concerning a terrorist attack in an attempt to cover their asses and according to the article they still haven't admitted they were wrong. In fact, they were still lying about it as of the Sunday morning talk shows.

#5 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,442 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:41 PM

Zzzzzzzz zzz

:falls asleep:

#6 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,202 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:47 PM

Joker seems so hell bent on making sure we see his side of the story and get Romney elected.

Sounds like me trying to convince Joker that he has a very 1950's view of the world and people who want to marry, regardless of their preference of a partner.

And remember, I was not able to convince you Joker, you are not going to be able to convince me or others.

#7 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,442 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:58 PM

Joker is totally this boards "Grandpa". :lol:

Bet he is sad Bob Grant passed away...

#8 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,202 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:59 PM

Joker is totally this boards "Grandpa". :lol:

Bet he is sad Bob Grant passed away...

Who?

:lol:

#9 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,411 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:13 PM

Despite what you believe I have absolutely no interest in seeing Romney get elected nor am I trying to convince anyone to vote for him.

#10 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,202 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:48 PM

The big difference is Romney is admitting he was "completely wrong" in saying the stupid shit that he said.

Meanwhile the "completely wrong" from the Obama administration is about the lies they tried to feed the American people concerning a terrorist attack in an attempt to cover their asses and according to the article they still haven't admitted they were wrong. In fact, they were still lying about it as of the Sunday morning talk shows.

I am sorry, the above post and many other posts pointing to Obama being a liar, or not truthful, and many of the Republican arguments.

Just trying to connect the dots.

This is why I thought your were trying to convince people to not vote for Obama, Since Romney has the only other legit chance of winning I assumed he was your choice which may be incorrect.

#11 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,339 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:07 PM

Well, I'll defend Joker on this. I was talking with my upstairs neighbor last night, who deals in credit/finance of commodity based small/mid/large US companies who look to acquire resources on the international market. Without going into the details of the alarming state of US business/credit/purchasing styles (which from what he says looks a lot like a start up drug dealer, buying small quantities a few days at a time instead of long term purchases), his point is that Obama has failed (he is also, in fact a liar) and therefore, should be replaced. I'm no Mitt Romney fan what so ever, but the fact remains that if the current "CEO" of the country can't run it, he needs to be fired and replaced. And on that point I agree with him. I'd rather see four years of failure than eight. Just keep changing them up! It beats sure fire failure for eight years.

#12 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:09 PM

Joker must have a different version of the internets than the rest of us... this is the search I was speaking about:

https://www.google.c...iw=1066&bih=590

It's just funny... nothing more - nothing less.

#13 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,202 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:22 PM

Isn't that what we said about almost every president? He was a liar?

H Bush said he would not raise taxes, and he did.

Clinton did not have relations with that woman.

W Bush lied about a lot of things, or spun them enough to get support.

Nixon lied about Watergate.

Ford tried, but had Nixon hanging over his head.

LBJ had to lie about something regarding Vietnam.

Carter, well he just got smacked down by Reagan.

My point is they all lie. And if Obama gets re-elected he will have the same problem of every 2 term president, controversy after controversy.

#14 Phishfolk

Phishfolk
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,849 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:22 PM

I think Joker is trying to provide a counter balance to bias...I also don't think Joker is voting for Dem or Rep

Posted Image

#15 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,411 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:29 PM

I am sorry, the above post and many other posts pointing to Obama being a liar, or not truthful, and many of the Republican arguments.

Just trying to connect the dots.

This is why I thought your were trying to convince people to not vote for Obama, Since Romney has the only other legit chance of winning I assumed he was your choice which may be incorrect.

So you just ignore all my posts saying that both parties suck and I wouldn't vote for either and decide to just connect the dots and paint me as a Romney supporter anyway?

Obama IS a liar, it isn't, or at least it shouldn't be, just a Republican argument. It's an American citizen argument is what it is.

#16 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,202 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:34 PM

So you just ignore all my posts saying that both parties suck and I wouldn't vote for either and decide to just connect the dots and paint me as a Romney supporter anyway?

Obama IS a liar, it isn't, or at least it shouldn't be, just a Republican argument. It's an American citizen argument is what it is.

I have not seen as many negative posts about Romney as I have seen about Obama. For example, I open a thread, say like a happy birthday thread. I notice Obama in your signature. I think there is Joker with some new thing ripping Obama.

Second point, I think both parties are useless, but everyone still has to choose their poison. I assumed you liked Romney more by the amount of negative points on Obama alone,

Plus your stance on marriage is the same as the right, i.e., Romney.

Like I said, I connect the dots.

Oh and how does one simple post paint you as a Romney supporter?

And I did say I was sorry in an above post for doing so. But that goes ignored.

#17 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,339 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:37 PM

My point is they all lie. And if Obama gets re-elected he will have the same problem of every 2 term president, controversy after controversy.

We have that problem now too. Minus the second term. At any rate, I really don't care which one it is, but it seems that most people shoudl have the sense that if the 4 years spent have been squandered, then we need to hire someone else. Whether you like Romney or not, he hasn't failed as POTUS yet. And while I think he's a total boob, I'd rather see them swapped out every four than every eight.

#18 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,202 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:55 PM

We have that problem now too. Minus the second term. At any rate, I really don't care which one it is, but it seems that most people shoudl have the sense that if the 4 years spent have been squandered, then we need to hire someone else. Whether you like Romney or not, he hasn't failed as POTUS yet. And while I think he's a total boob, I'd rather see them swapped out every four than every eight.

Agreed, but the system is what it is. We have to trust these tools to change the system, and that will not happen.

Example, lets extend the term limits in NYC.

/Bloomberg'd.

#19 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,567 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:13 PM

Posted Image

#20 KittyRocks

KittyRocks
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,062 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:26 PM

of course the flip flopper would say he was right and wrong

#21 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,202 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:37 PM

Bazinga!

#22 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,411 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:43 PM

I have not seen as many negative posts about Romney as I have seen about Obama. For example, I open a thread, say like a happy birthday thread. I notice Obama in your signature. I think there is Joker with some new thing ripping Obama.

Second point, I think both parties are useless, but everyone still has to choose their poison. I assumed you liked Romney more by the amount of negative points on Obama alone,

Plus your stance on marriage is the same as the right, i.e., Romney.

Like I said, I connect the dots.

Oh and how does one simple post paint you as a Romney supporter?

And I did say I was sorry in an above post for doing so. But that goes ignored.

Yeah I've been changing my sig every couple of weeks. The one I just removed was him saying something along the lines of "Washington can't be changed from inside" the only thing ripping him there would have been his own words. I think the previous sig was ripping both sides equally.

There's more than just both those parties to choose from and I've espoused NOT voting for either of them since at least 2000.

My stance on gay marriage is that it should be called civil union (along with hetro marriage) and receive all the benefits as every other civil union. Is that Romney's and the rights stance too? :afro:

I didn't mean to ignore your apology. It's all good.

I just didn't understand how anyone could miss the fact that I've been ranting and railing against voting for either of these parties for years :soapbox:

#23 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,411 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:45 PM

:lol:

No maaaaan, he "evolved" ;)

#24 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,339 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:54 PM

The Part that annoys me the most is that mostly, either from the right or left stance, neither side seems to be voting FOR a candidate, only against the other. It's called divide and conquer. Iw ould love to hear a Romney supporter tell me why they aqre voting FOR Romney, void of "we gotta get Obama out" and I'd also love to hear an Obama supporter tell me why they are voting FOR Obama, instead "Romney is a total liar".

I've only heard one voice on this so far and it encompasses supreme court appointments. It's the only fair argument I've heard so far and it's still kind of a "we dont want romney to do that, so" argument.

#25 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:11 PM

it's all fun and games until Sarah Palin is appointed Secretary of State

#26 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,202 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:28 PM

The Part that annoys me the most is that mostly, either from the right or left stance, neither side seems to be voting FOR a candidate, only against the other. It's called divide and conquer. Iw ould love to hear a Romney supporter tell me why they aqre voting FOR Romney, void of "we gotta get Obama out" and I'd also love to hear an Obama supporter tell me why they are voting FOR Obama, instead "Romney is a total liar".

I've only heard one voice on this so far and it encompasses supreme court appointments. It's the only fair argument I've heard so far and it's still kind of a "we dont want romney to do that, so" argument.

That is not true.

I am voting for Obama because he does not care about social issues.

I think healthcare for all is a good thing, because you can not put a price on health, and I am ok with taxes eventually being raised to pay for them.

I think Killing Osama has its merits.

While the republicans blame Obama for not getting much done, I blame the Republicans for being so hard lined and not compromising on anything.

That is reason #2 why I do not vote GOP. The never giving in to compromise, and beating us down until we all agree with them because we are tired of arguing.

#27 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,339 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:38 PM

Well, at least two items FOR a candidate. Even if one was sold as no new tax, only to find out it was in fact, another tax. It also will come with some serious unseen consequences. Whether intentional or not.

As for Osama being "killed", we don't have any proof that happened as it was told. I also happen to be of the opinion that assassination outside the rule of law is really without any merit. Just MO on that.

And your statements still came with the other side blame work instead of sticking strictly to FOR one candidate and side.

#28 Slave Self Promoted

Slave Self Promoted
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,631 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:43 PM

i'm voting for dukakis because donnie darko's bitch sister is.

#29 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,202 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:47 PM

Well, at least two items FOR a candidate. Even if one was sold as no new tax, only to find out it was in fact, another tax. It also will come with some serious unseen consequences. Whether intentional or not.

As for Osama being "killed", we don't have any proof that happened as it was told. I also happen to be of the opinion that assassination outside the rule of law is really without any merit. Just MO on that.

And your statements still came with the other side blame work instead of sticking strictly to FOR one candidate and side.

if this was a conspiracy as you infer, wouldn't the Taliban release a video that he is alive? Or claim otherwise?

I disagree vehemently. He should have been killed by the Bush administration, or a long time before it came to Obama. I do not care, I am for the death penalty, and I am for killing a man who caused and financed the death 3000+ people.

Again, not true. I listed 4 items, only one even mentioned the other side.

Here are 3 of the 4 again simply put of why I am voting for Obama.
Social Issues
Osama Bin Laden
Obamacare

#30 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,339 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:54 PM

You can be for the killing of a man by your own standard, international law has another take on what is lawful. For all we know he died years ago. We have no proof, that's kind of the point. We have to take other people's word for it.

In a court of law, I would stand adn say "Objection, your honor. Hearsay."

But at least you have four reasons to vote FOR Obama. MY opinion on those four reasons aside.

#31 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,202 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:08 PM

That you believe there is a conspiracy, makes this conversation useless. Because you are the 1% who do, if that many.

If Osama was not there and we raided pakistan, we may have bigger troubles today but because we did kill him and verified it, there was no backlash because, you know, he killed 3000+ innocent Americans.

Like I mentioned in Politics forum, until the GOP talks to everyone as an equal, and includes everyone in the conversation, including the people who disagree with them. I will never vote for a leader of this country. Locally I voted for many republicans.

Until they get off their high horse, I will not even consider casting a vote.

On the flip side, i will pay attention to what each side has to say, just to be informed and be able to have intelligent conversation about the topics.

#32 Slave Self Promoted

Slave Self Promoted
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,631 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:09 PM

Posted ImagePosted Image

2012!!

#33 BHB

BHB
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,898 posts
  • LocationLong Beach, NY

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:12 PM

Joker I think you're missing the point here.

What Andy is trying to drive home is that fact that you are wrong. You're just wrong. Everything you are saying. Wrong. That's really all you need to know.

#34 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,202 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:13 PM

What Andy is trying to drive home is that fact that you are wrong. You're just wrong. Everything you are saying. Wrong. That's really all you need to know.

:protest: :protest: :protest: :protest: :protest: :protest: :protest: :protest:

#35 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,219 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:17 PM

Yeah but is he completely wrong?

#36 BHB

BHB
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,898 posts
  • LocationLong Beach, NY

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:20 PM

unambiguously incorrect.

about everything.

#37 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,495 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:21 PM

this thread is gay

#38 BHB

BHB
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,898 posts
  • LocationLong Beach, NY

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:22 PM

fuck the boards. lets go fishin.

#39 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,202 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:26 PM

#40 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,495 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:30 PM

rippin some snapper

#41 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,339 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:32 PM

That you believe there is a conspiracy, makes this conversation useless. Because you are the 1% who do, if that many.

If Osama was not there and we raided pakistan, we may have bigger troubles today but because we did kill him and verified it, there was no backlash because, you know, he killed 3000+ innocent Americans.

Like I mentioned in Politics forum, until the GOP talks to everyone as an equal, and includes everyone in the conversation, including the people who disagree with them. I will never vote for a leader of this country. Locally I voted for many republicans.

Until they get off their high horse, I will not even consider casting a vote.

On the flip side, i will pay attention to what each side has to say, just to be informed and be able to have intelligent conversation about the topics.

We did not verify it. The govt. told people it happened and that is a baseless hearsay claim. Not admissible in a court of law as evidence. He also did not kill 3,000+ people. He conspired to do so, allegedly. A trial would be in order for a conviction.It isn't a question of conspiracy, or theory. it is a question of lack of evidence.

#42 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,202 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:37 PM

We did not verify it. The govt. told people it happened and that is a baseless hearsay claim. Not admissible in a court of law as evidence. He also did not kill 3,000+ people. He conspired to do so, allegedly. A trial would be in order for a conviction.It isn't a question of conspiracy, or theory. it is a question of lack of evidence.

Every country in the world believes it. Many people of congress has seen a still picture, that the government decided not to release and many people who saw it also added it should not be released. Simply because he will become a bigger martyr.

Also, there are accounts by Navy seals, one even wrote a book.

My first comment stated he financed the people who killed 3000+ people. To me that is like killing them himself, but please lets not get into semantics.

#43 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,339 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:34 PM

Countries believe it. A lot of people believe a lot of things, that belief is still not truth unless evidence can be presented to verify a claim.

As for the rest:
Objection. Hearsay.

#44 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:01 PM

I don't understand the language Osama spoke, but apparently he never denied planning the conspiracy. According to the translations I've read, he proudly took credit for it.

If he denied it... I'm pretty sure we'd hear about it from somewhere... Al Jazeera at least.

#45 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,567 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:26 PM

...but please lets not get into semantics.

yes let's not...I have no idea what being Jewish has to do with this anyways

#46 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,567 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:28 PM

this thread is gay

as in "a dabbah-doo time"?

#47 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,209 posts
  • LocationAbove The Waves

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:32 PM

this thread is gay

As in the people that Joker feels should not be allowed to marry.

#48 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,567 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:37 PM

As in the people that Joker feels should not be allowed to marry. :wow:

#49 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,567 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:46 PM

oh great :rolleyes: ....joker got another thread moved...thanks joker...thanks a lot!!!

#50 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,339 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:49 PM

As in the people that Joker feels should not be allowed to marry.

Is that really true, Greg?

I think joker is saying that in context of the states laws, civil union should pertain to the whole crowd, while marriage, being a sanctity by historical reality, is a religious issue which should be free from the confines of state interference.