Photo

Baffled by the killing in Eilat, Israel...

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 deadphan

deadphan
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:37 PM

Something doesn't make sense...still in shock over it. The alleged shooter, Willy, was a good acquaintance of mine in New Paltz when I went to school there. Partied with him several times and always got along with him really well. Was such a lover, every time I saw him he would give me a big hug and had the biggest most infectious smile. Just doesn't make any sense to me, he was totally non-confrontational. Always meditating and talking about zen and stuff like that. Just a small guy too, not a particularly strong guy.. there's a first hand account of a guy saying he saw Willy beating a security guard and stealing his gun and magazine and he tried to step in and couldn't. It's weird that between a trained security guard, a young and healthy sous chef and an assuming able bodied bystander they couldn't subdue a 5'6", below average size man. Guess I just can't accept it's real...

#2 KittyRocks

KittyRocks
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,062 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:48 PM

anyone can go nuts....

i also knew a guy once that was sweet as could be then one day he went into the local mall and stabbed someone almost to death

#3 deadphan

deadphan
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:50 PM

I know...I guess the weirdest part for me is that he was in a fight, a security officer came, he was able to beat up a security officer while fending off 2 other grown men AND steal a weapon and a magazine...sounds like a bad action film, not reality to me. I don't know, just seems fishy I suppose, or maybe that's my way of dealing with not wanting to accept it, whatever. Still sounds suspicious.

#4 KittyRocks

KittyRocks
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,062 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:00 PM

ya that is pretty insane, actually

#5 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 73,762 posts
  • LocationRockland and Long Island, NY

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:31 AM

Not aware of the incident to which you're referring, but i'm sorry to hear people may have been hurt.

#6 Jabadoodle

Jabadoodle
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,256 posts
  • LocationBoston MA

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:10 AM

Wow, I'm sorry this happened with your friend.

#7 deadphan

deadphan
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:55 AM

Not aware of the incident to which you're referring, but i'm sorry to hear people may have been hurt.

http://www.huffingto..._n_1941668.html
way too weird...

#8 deadphan

deadphan
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:00 AM

http://www.timesofis...ally-motivated/
Guess they're saying racially motivated? willy was the furthest thing from racist, sounds like he lost his marbles, I wish he woulda gotten help. Now he's getting ridiculed all over the world. Love to his family :(

#9 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,205 posts
  • LocationAbove The Waves

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:05 PM

Sorry to hear about your friend. Our minds are fragile things. Sorry for the family of the man he killed also. :heart:

#10 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 73,762 posts
  • LocationRockland and Long Island, NY

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:36 PM

What gregoir said. I'm sorry, dude. <3 Much love to his friends and family.

#11 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,567 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:47 PM

wow...just wow.

I'm not thinking it's racially motivated though...

sorry to everyone involved in this :heart: