31 replies to this topic

#1 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,784 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:51 PM

12 midnight

"Hello, this is Officer ____ with the _____ Police. Your daughter was in a car accident. We need you to meet us here."

Fortunately, my daughter was OK, just a little shaken up. It seems that, instead of walking to her friend's house like they said they would, they got a ride with a drunk 17-year old. He went down a dead end street and hit the guardrail at the end going 30 MPH. The girl in front was banged up between the seatbelt and air bag. The girls in back were tossed around a bit, but fortunately were belted in and didn't get hurt too badly. The driver is in a lot of trouble.

:gah:

#2 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:46 PM

Oopsie. Glad everyone is ok. What a dingbat move.

#3 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,784 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:53 PM

It gets better. Not only did the kid speed down the one way street and stop abruptly on the guard rail, he threw it in reverse and fled the scene with an injured passenger. The cops caught up with him a few blocks later. He's charged with evasion, DUI, and because of his age, another violation for having teen passengers.

My daughter and her friends are charged with extreme foolishness by their parents.

#4 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:54 PM

Massive :facepalm:

#5 Lemireacle

Lemireacle
  • VibeTribe
  • 27,760 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:46 PM

D'oh!! Glad she and everyone are okay!

#6 Erinisme

Erinisme
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,410 posts
  • LocationJersey Fresh

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:00 PM

glad it wasn't as bad as it could've been. hopefully it's taught your daughter a good lesson...don't get in the car w drunkards...ever.

I have a deal w my cousin who is going to school ten minutes from me (1.5 hours from her parents) that no matter what time it is or how drunk she is she'll call me instead of getting in a car w a drunk and I won't tell her dad. most of the times kids make these bad choices cuz they're scared of calling home and letting their parents know they were drinking/w people drinking/not where they were supposed to be. But a cousin...I can keep a secret and get her home safely :)

#7 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,936 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:51 PM

Oy!

Glad she is ok :)

#8 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,784 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:53 PM

One of the girls is the daughter of a guy who works at Vibes. I wasn't expecting to be rocking the late night hospital with him in October. His kid is OK. They were all scared and upset because everybody got caught lying to their parents on top of the accident.

#9 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,591 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:56 PM

Holy shit! I hope she learned a lesson from this experience. Sounds similar to what I was doing as a teenager.

#10 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,784 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:35 PM

Holy shit! I hope she learned a lesson from this experience. Sounds similar to what I was doing as a teenager.

And what did you learn, if anything? :funny1:

#11 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,591 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:51 PM

To work on the weekends and school vacations so I could purchase a car and insure it, so I would no longer be riding around with drivers I did not trust.

#12 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,784 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:44 PM

That's what my older daughter wants to do. The younger one seems to think life is a carnival.

#13 syd_25

syd_25
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,045 posts
  • LocationNorthwest Ct

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:54 PM

2 bits a shot?

#14 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,784 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:13 PM

Wife is a carnivore, believe it or not.

#15 fire_rocket

fire_rocket
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:50 PM

Wow- glad she's OK. I'm sure she learned a huge lesson!

#16 Again and Again

Again and Again
  • VibeTribe
  • 800 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:51 PM

I'm glad you're all ok. None of my business but I'm curious if there will be a punishment and what it entails. I only post this thought of mine because I'm wondering how d handle such a situation. Hard to know. Enough babble-typing. I'm sorry you had to deal with a scare like this and I'm glad all are okay.

#17 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,591 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:47 PM

Again and Again, thinking on that topic and what my parents would have done, what I realize is that punishments should like praise be custom tailored to the individual. :wink:

#18 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,536 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:11 PM

Really glad your kid is okay. Jerry wants his drivers license so bad, and fortunately he's way to lazy to ever be able to drive a car of his own in his teen years and he's sure as shit not driving mine. :lol:

But the other phone call you never want to get from your son: "Ma, you know how girls really don't like pubic hair down there? How much is too much to take off?" "Son, leave it alone." "Um...It's kinda too late."

:picardfp:

#19 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,784 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:23 PM

:lol:

:facepalm:

#20 Ravn

Ravn
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,808 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:00 PM

(((((y'all))))) <3 <3

My parents got the call my senior year of hs, my boyfriends sister and I were on the way home from softball practice and we hit by a drunk driver. I made her call my parents instead of the police. Because my name is Peggyann. After my Mom's older sister, Peggy Ann, who was murdered by a drunk driver her senior year of high school, when she was 17.

I'm glad everyone involved is ok <3

#21 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,784 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:01 PM

I looked at the crash site. The driver hit the guard rail hard. He could have flipped and gone into the swamp. These kids have no clue how lucky and foolish they are.

#22 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,621 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:41 AM

I can only imagine the fear that must have flashed in you.

I am glad she and the others are ok

#23 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,784 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:55 AM

Enjoy the little geminicameramoon. They're wonderful for the fist 11 years or so. :funny1:

#24 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,621 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:36 PM

Enjoy the little geminicameramoon. They're wonderful for the fist 11 years or so. :funny1:

Till girls and puberty :lol:

#25 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,536 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:53 AM

Got a call from the school nurse today saying that when changing at gym a kid noticed a tick embedded in Jerry's back. The nurse got it out and everything and said to check him all over when he got home just to be sure there weren't others. I figure he was rolling around with a girl or poking smot in the woods. Sean asked if Jerry found any on his smooth hairless balls. :lol:

#26 Wende

Wende
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,838 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:57 AM

Last May I got a call "Hello ex wife, the neighbor just called and said they may have just brought our son to the hospital via ambulance, he was found soaking wet and unconscious along a creek bed" "They're not sure if it's actually B or not, but they're pretty sure" " we should probably head down there right now"

Sure enough, there was my little John Doe laying unconscious on a stretcher being wheeled out from a C scan.

Talk about bullshit, disgusting emotions. :( So glad your daughter is OK and that my son is alive as well. :lol: <3

#27 HABIT

HABIT
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:39 AM

My pops got a Walk in call..at a family reunion..cops showed up to notify him that my sister and I were in the hospital after a tractor trailer hit us. Talk about party killer... :lol:

#28 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,536 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:21 PM

I got a call that my son was stranded for a ride in Worcester (an hour away from home) after the Megadeath concert and I was three hours away in Vermont. Dammit! :bang:

:lol:

#29 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:24 PM

ya know, if you never have kids, you'll never get this call.

#30 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,536 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:38 PM

Solid advice for all those people that will proabably never ever read this thread. :lol:

#31 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:40 PM

Solid advice for all those people that will proabably never ever read this thread. :lol:

Accidents. They happen to kids.

Its nice to hear none of your (collective) children have been seriously injured, and I hope the streak extends until they are all as old as Joker.

God bless

#32 Mama Kel

Mama Kel
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,206 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:18 AM

Yup :lol: