Ugh.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 KrisNYG

KrisNYG
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,155 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:00 AM

Bad stuff has happened out here in the past two - three weeks. A dear friend L's roommate lost his sister in a murder/suicide, then L (and most townies, but especially her) lost a friend from another suicide this past week. She is the strongest thirty year old I know, gifted kid, she will be the one saving all of our asses with her knowledge, etc..) and when I finally saw her tonight she fucking lost it... epically. I almost did but remembered this was not about me... at all, so my composure was kept.

She says she's done. Tired of giving a shit about anything and she has cried for eight days straight. L asked me if she was "growing up". "Everyone else seems to pass it off, WTF, I don't know how to process all of this!" I told her she was one of the few that had a soul left and she should take care of herself first... she should go fishing (she's an epcot fisherwoman and it gives her peace). Told me the other person she admires most said this same thing, her sister.

I'm now on the speed dial (and have been texting since I left her). This lady is awesome and she is carrying a lot of shit right now (she raised 5k for her roommate's sister's cause). L could use all the positivity anyone is willing to muster.

I am at a loss. I am beyond fortunate that dear friends feel safe to use my ear, and do it often... but holy hell. Which compartment do I file this stuff into in the mental rolodex? I know I'll find a folder, no worries.

Just needed a place to vent, but MOST importantly ask for a lot of help for L. She really needs it. Thanks.

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?!?!?!?!?!

#2 Smiles

Smiles
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:09 AM

To me, people are broken machines in a world filled with fucked up randomness. The best we can do is be there for our friends and reach out when we need help. I'm sorry for your friends recent tragedies. I hope the healing process is quick and she is lucky enough to have several friends as good as you.

<3

#3 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 23,228 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:03 PM

Love, Light & Inner Peace :heart:

#4 sums

sums

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 10,452 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:46 PM

yikes. :heart: :heart:

#5 electricblue

electricblue
  • VibeTribe
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:55 AM

Hey I just tuned in (signed in???) ...I've been in school....just got out for the holidays..this sounds bad man! I know around the holidays it always is the worst time for me, some of my friends are not here anymore and passed, some due to tragic endings as well. For 13 years old and having that much compassion, I hope the world does not jade her. Sometimes humor helps, but sometimes the wounds are too deep for that even. You are being a comforting friend to her when she needs you, which is nice. It is the best thing to be as supportive as you can. It sounds pretty tough on you, but you are doing the right thing. Just put it out there, if she responds, that is great, if not, at least you know you tried. It's okay to tune out a little bit and still let her know you are there for her. That will be encouraging to her and I am sure she probably doesn't want to drag you out either. Maybe you both can do something cool for New Years, it doesn't have to be the bar, but maybe a midnight movie or bowling perhaps or set up a chat time if you guys are not too close by each other.

I hope you have a good holiday and I hope things are working out for you both.....

#6 Royal

Royal
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,990 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:45 AM

Kris,

I'm sorry I just read it now. you've done what you need to do and now the healing begins.  I cant think of anyone I'd rather have help me through crisis than you. :heart: