• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Eddie Z

Eddie Z
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,802 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:22 PM

Acoustic Show. Anybody going?

It's possible I might have a pair of extra tickets. Lemme know if interested, and I'll get back to you as soon as I know for sure.

#2 Eddie Z

Eddie Z
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,802 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:02 AM

Anybody interested in these, if they become available? Good seats...orchestra center, $40/ea

#3 Eddie Z

Eddie Z
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,802 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:50 PM

Looks like I'm coming to tonight's show with one single extra, if anybody's interested,

#4 erocstheparty

erocstheparty
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,471 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:55 PM

I may need it....I am def going, but my wife is on the fence...if she comes I am going to need two in the same seciton...if not I'm all over it if you still have it...a few other freidns of mine are also going, so I'll ask them if they need...

#5 yem1980

yem1980
  • VibeTribe
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:04 PM

How was MMW acoustic. Debating going to see this tour the Kennedy Center, but it seems like a stuffy atmosphere. MMW gonna need to bring some energy to liven up the socialite crowd.

#6 Eddie Z

Eddie Z
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,802 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:12 PM

I enjoyed it. They have a few new tricks up their sleeve to keep you entertained, but rather than spoil it, I'll refrain from mentioning what they were. One hour first set, 30 min break, one hour second set. You're right though...this show attracts not only the hardcore jamband fan types, but more than a fair share of white haired older jazz fans...a couple of those looking so frail that I worried that at any time, an MMW jam could throw off a pacemaker or two.. It's a far mellower side of MMW, but they definitely get their groove on with the monster beats and all hell breaks loose moments. (and the standard helping of dissonance and pure noise). No matter what instruments they play, their total weirdness shines thru.

I'm going back tonight to see 'em at the Shermann Theater in Stroudsburg PA. With hindsight, I'm not sure I needed 2 near back to back shows of their acoustic music, but I'm sure I'll enjoy it again!

#7 Lemireacle

Lemireacle
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,729 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:14 PM

The show is up on etree.org for download, via BitTorrent. It's also available in 24-bit format.

Set 1: drum intro > Down On Me, Pocket Knife > bass solo > Claviola Shuffle > drum solo > Amber Gris, Suspicious Minds

Set 2: "Fall River Blues", Illmoan (with bass solo) > percussion/drum solo > Jam* > Sand > Open Improv > Ballade In C Minor, 'Vergessene Seelen'**, Nostalgia In Times Square > Angel Race (I'll Wait For You)
Encore: Gonzo

*John on Slovakian Shepherd Horn
**John takes a solo on bamboo saxophone

#8 Eddie Z

Eddie Z
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,802 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:20 AM

Last night's Stroudsburg show was da Bomb! Maybe it was because I sat in the 3rd row? I connected with last night's show infinitely more than I did at the Bergen show. Chris Wood's bass riffs will be bouncing around in my head for weeks.