Which Presidental Candidate is Right for You? Take This Quiz

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,632 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:56 PM

With all the news discussion on different policies, tax plans and social issues, it can be difficult to decide which candidate for president best matches your own views.

An online quiz on ISideWith.com is trying to help voters decide. The quiz asked voters to select their stances on foreign and domestic issues and the results are then compared with the policy positions of the candidates in order to show quiz takers which candidate has the most similar views.

The quiz only takes a couple of minutes to complete.

A look at the quiz results for Massachusettsshows that 61 percent of the Commonwealth voters who took it side most closely with President Barack Obama. Fifty-one percent side most closely with Green Party candidate Jill Stein, 45 percent are most closely aligned with Libertarian Gary Johnson and only 29 percent match most closely with GOP Candidate Mitt Romney.

Click here to take the quiz and find out with which candidate your views most closely align. Let us know the results in the comments section below.

http://wayland.patch...s-quiz-ac941fc8

#2 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,632 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:58 PM

Candidates you side with...

80%Posted Image
Gary Johnson

on healthcare, economic, science, environmental, and immigration issues

72%Posted Image
Mitt Romney

on domestic policy, healthcare, immigration, economic, and foreign policy issues

68%Posted Image
Barack Obama

on science, environmental, domestic policy, and immigration issues

43%Posted Image
Jill Stein

on science issues

23%Posted Image
Rocky Anderson

on domestic policy issues

21%Posted Image
Virgil Goode

on immigration issues

57%Posted Image
Massachusetts Voters

on environmental, domestic policy, science, healthcare, social, and foreign policy issues.

58%Posted Image
American Voters

on environmental, healthcare, domestic policy, social, science, immigration, and foreign policy issues.

Who you side with by party...

68%Democrat

64%Republican

63%Libertarian

37%Green

#3 Julius

Julius
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,365 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:45 AM

I took the stupid quiz and had to go to the extra answers to answer most of the stupid questions even remotely accurately.

88% Obama
61% Romney

How does that math work exactly? And who are all those other fucks?

#4 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,319 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:21 PM

Gary Johnson by a longshot, then Rocky Anderson and Jill Stein are both >70% matches.

I appear to agree with Barry and Mitt less than 40% of the time or something.

#5 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:35 PM

andidates you side with...

78%
Posted Image
Barack Obama

on foreign policy, social, healthcare, science, and immigration issues

74%
Posted Image
Gary Johnson

on domestic policy and immigration issues

73%
Posted Image
Jill Stein

on environmental, healthcare, social, immigration, and science issues

12%
Posted Image
Mitt Romney

no major issues

58%
Posted Image
New Jersey Voters

on foreign policy, environmental, domestic policy, social, healthcare, science, and immigration issues.

56%
Posted Image
American Voters

on foreign policy, environmental, domestic policy, social, healthcare, science, and immigration issues.

Show all candidates

#6 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:37 PM

Not surprising at all. Republicans are fucked this go-around. :lol:

#7 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,994 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:38 PM

Candidates you side with...

95%Posted Image
Gary Johnson Libertarian

on foreign policy, domestic policy, economic, social, and healthcare issues

76%Posted Image
Virgil Goode Constitution

on domestic policy and economic issues

73%Posted Image
Jill Stein Green

#8 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,994 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:40 PM

I didn't answer some of the questions, as I am torn about immigration issues and healthcare.

#9 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:42 PM

I didn't answer some of the questions, as I am torn about immigration issues and healthcare.

def skewed your choices away from the Dems and Repubs. Id go back and complete the quiz as best as you can.

#10 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,319 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:02 PM

And who are all those other fucks?

The only hope this country has. Or would have had, if they weren't up against the machine they're up against.

#11 KrisNYG

KrisNYG
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,152 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:15 PM

That stupid quiz reminds me of this lovely gem...

Posted Image

Math is hard.

#12 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,319 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:31 PM

Don't know as the math is really fuct in this quiz...I think it's saying you agree with x candidate on y% of things, and g candidate on h% of things. y+h don't gotta add up to 100.

#13 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 27,006 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:35 PM

95% Johnson
54% of American voters

<=====8

::draws random dick in thread::

#14 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,319 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:43 PM

IASW really digs the johnson.

Not so random, in that light.

#15 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,549 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:44 PM

99% with vodka
1% with rum

#16 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,632 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:51 PM

99% with vodka
1% with rum

YOU are the 1% :protest:

#17 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,549 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:01 PM

i thought it meant i only agreed with rum 1% :lol:

#18 Jam Fan

Jam Fan
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:40 PM

Posted Image

#19 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:45 PM

Def didnt need a quiz to know i completey disagree with the Romney platform.

I just cant vote for a cult member.

#20 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,632 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:08 PM

I just cant vote for a cult member.

That pretty much eliminates them all. Which candidate isn't a cult member?

#21 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:43 PM

There is only one Church of Jesus Christ of Latter -Day Saints member running for President.

You can argue that Christianity is cult, but until we wear strange undergarments and can practice polygamy, you'd be going way out on a limb.

Mormons...how do THEY work?

#22 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:44 PM

You wouldn't even be welcomed at tRomney's temple even if you wanted to go, because you are not a member. You could attend services at any other candidates house of worship, however...

#23 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,994 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:47 PM

what's the argument against polygamy? just curious

#24 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,994 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:48 PM

There is only one Church of Jesus Christ of Latter -Day Saints member running for President.

You can argue that Christianity is cult, but until we wear strange undergarments and can practice polygamy, you'd be going way out on a limb.

Catholics aren't allowed to masturbate, their priests must abstain from sex (their leaders don't punish them when they do it with little boys though), and they eat the flesh of their savior. that's reasonable.

#25 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:54 PM

Catholics aren't allowed to masturbate, their priests must abstain from sex (their leaders don't punish them when they do it with little boys though), and they eat the flesh of their savior. that's reasonable.

I'm Catholic and masturbate all the time.

#26 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,994 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:00 AM

I'm Catholic and masturbate all the time.

pretty sure that's a mortal sin, dude. confess or face your fate in the fiery furnace

so, looks like just 'cause someone belongs to a religion, he might not always adhere to its tenets?

Not sure If that's the case with Romney. Even so, it wouldn't be an issue I'd factor into my voting decision unless I saw specific examples of how someone's faith impacted his political decisions.

#27 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,994 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:01 AM

http://catholiceduca...ion/re0706.html

they are out of their freakin minds :lol:

#28 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,994 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:04 AM

"Therefore, people who are committing this sin need to cease the evil immediately and, when prepared, make a good confession. If people are really struggling in this area, then they are not near the spiritual level where they need to be. God’s grace is there for them; but they need to pray more, pray better, avoid the occasions of sin and exercise their wills. They need to put out more effort spiritually and then it shouldn’t be a problem."

:lol: :lol:

#29 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:07 AM

pretty sure that's a mortal sin, dude. confess or face your fate in the fiery furnace

so, looks like just 'cause someone belongs to a religion, he might not always adhere to its tenets?

Not sure If that's the case with Romney. Even so, it wouldn't be an issue I'd factor into my voting decision unless I saw specific examples of how someone's faith impacted his political decisions.

I'll just not vote for him because he stands for everything I don't. Plus, he really bought into the Joseph Smith story. Gold plates and all.

#30 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:08 AM

"Therefore, people who are committing this sin need to cease the evil immediately and, when prepared, make a good confession. If people are really struggling in this area, then they are not near the spiritual level where they need to be. God’s grace is there for them; but they need to pray more, pray better, avoid the occasions of sin and exercise their wills. They need to put out more effort spiritually and then it shouldn’t be a problem."

:lol: :lol:

Hypocrites. Ive seen a priest jtallywackin'

#31 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,994 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:13 AM

You wouldn't even be welcomed at tRomney's temple even if you wanted to go, because you are not a member. You could attend services at any other candidates house of worship, however...

I think many of our leaders attend private ceremonies and belong to secret societies that we can't attend because we're not members.. Free Masons, Skull and Bones, Bohemian Grove (cremation of care ceremony??)...

#32 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,549 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:18 AM

shut up

#33 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,748 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:01 PM

Posted Image

#34 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,748 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:04 PM

How can anyone possibly side with Mitt Romney? He changes his stance on issues like I change my underwear when i have diarrhea.

#35 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,748 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:05 PM

And Gary Johnson is on record saying he would send troops after Kony. The man is a psuedo-libertarian. Which is why I wont be voting for him.

#36 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,632 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:23 PM

Right, because there's nothing remotely ridiculous about immaculate conceptions, the whole father son and holy ghost being the same person, zombie Jesus, etc... I won't even get into the history of covering up the raping of children by their leaders, including the Pope, who are supposedly the spokesmen for God himself. Is God really ok with that type of shit?

#37 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,994 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:56 PM

Right, because there's nothing remotely ridiculous about immaculate conceptions, the whole father son and holy ghost being the same person, zombie Jesus, etc... I won't even get into the history of covering up the raping of children by their leaders, including the Pope, who are supposedly the spokesmen for God himself. Is God really ok with that type of shit?

how could I have forgotten this one :lol:

#38 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:59 PM

I think many of our leaders attend private ceremonies and belong to secret societies that we can't attend because we're not members.. Free Masons, Skull and Bones, Bohemian Grove (cremation of care ceremony??)...

My dad and grandpa are Freemasons, and I looked into becoming one, but it just wasn't the right time for me.

Any man can be a Freemason as long as he believes in a higher [power, and has not been convicted of a felony in his lifetime. It's not something to be suspicious of.

#39 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:00 PM

you really don't really grasp the metaphors in the bible. Anyone who reads it literally is missing the point.

#40 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,994 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:16 PM

you really don't really grasp the metaphors in the bible. Anyone who reads it literally is missing the point.

Joker was stating dogma of the catholic church, not the bible. this stuff is in the catechism.

#41 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:23 PM

Joker was stating dogma of the catholic church, not the bible. this stuff is in the catechism.

It is aome of the most grossly misunderstood stuff out there. All that stuff is based on metaphor and over time has become misconstrued, reinterpreted, and completely changed from the original teachings and intentions. Anyone who cares to really learn about the roots of Christianity as a faith will easily find the truth. When I read the statements above from Joker and CC,. I can immediately tell you both really don't know what is what.

But this isn't a thread about any of that, so I digress.

#42 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,632 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:24 PM

Sort of like those missing the point about the symbolism of the Mormon undergarments?

As far as the polygamy thing goes, Christianity's history certainly isn't polygamy-free either.

#43 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,748 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:25 PM

33rd degree masons, what is all the secrecy about?

#44 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:30 PM

Joseph Smith fails the test of a true prophet, according to Deuteronomy...

I mean, Joseph Smith made blatant false prophecies.

#45 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,994 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:30 PM

It is aome of the most grossly misunderstood stuff out there. All that stuff is based on metaphor and over time has become misconstrued, reinterpreted, and completely changed from the original teachings and intentions. Anyone who cares to really learn about the roots of Christianity as a faith will easily find the truth. When I read the statements above from Joker and CC,. I can immediately tell you both really don't know what is what.

But this isn't a thread about any of that, so I digress.

Dude, the Catholic Church TEACHES this as TRUTH. They believe in transubstantiation, immaculate conception, the trinity, etc....You clearly don't know the teaching of the church. I completely agree that the Bible has been bastardized, my point is the teachings above are the official teachings of the Church. period. Look up the Catechism.

#46 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:31 PM

33rd degree masons, what is all the secrecy about?

Hermeticism

#47 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:35 PM

A commentator, quoting Pope Paul VI to the effect that the Catholic Church has made a conscious attempt to adopt "a more humble and fraternal attitude ... that of a search for the truth",[18] claims that CCC displays a shift away from presenting dogma as fact and toward presenting the Catholic faith itself as a search for truth. Referring also to the statement in the Apostolic Constitution Fidei Depositum that "the contents are often presented in a new way in order to respond to the questions of our age," he claims that the "new catechesis…attempts to produce existential reactions rather than intellectual conviction."[18]

#48 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,632 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:46 PM

#49 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,994 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:13 PM

we can quote Popes all day:

the same Pope you site above :In order to make the indissoluble bond that exists between faith and devotion perfectly clear, the Fathers of the Council decided, in the course of reaffirming the doctrine that the Church has always held and taught and that was solemnly defined by the Council of Trent, to offer the following compendium of truths. He goes on to express the "truth" of transubstantiation in an official encyclical http://www.vatican.v...terium_en.html:

and just found this gem from the same Pope. The devil is real: "It is a departure from the picture provided by biblical and Church teaching to refuse to acknowledge the devil's existence" http://www.catholic....il#.UG22SFEsGNg

so they are presenting their contents in a "new way." Their theology (on things such as transubstantiation, the Trinity, existence of a devil, original sin, etc.) is still being taught as truth. This is what you learn in CCD and in church.

My point - official teaching of Catholicism is no less bizarre or incredulous than Mormonism, when you compare the two

#50 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,319 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:13 PM

A commentator, quoting Pope Paul VI to the effect that the Catholic Church has made a conscious attempt to adopt "a more humble and fraternal attitude ... that of a search for the truth",[18] claims that CCC displays a shift away from presenting dogma as fact and toward presenting the Catholic faith itself as a search for truth. Referring also to the statement in the Apostolic Constitution Fidei Depositum that "the contents are often presented in a new way in order to respond to the questions of our age," he claims that the "new catechesis…attempts to produce existential reactions rather than intellectual conviction."[18]

I believe in God, the Father almighty, Creator of heaven and earth, and in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried; he descended into hell; on the third day he rose again from the dead; he ascended into heaven, and is seated at the right hand of God the Father almighty; from there he will come to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and life everlasting. Amen. ?

Fine with me if someone wants to believe all of this, but I'm not personally going to plug into a faith which requires it.

Love one another works for me. :)