Honeymoons!!!

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Sunny Sunshine

Sunny Sunshine
  • VibeTribe
  • 653 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 08:36 PM

Hey everyone! Check out the website www.skyauction.com Travis' parents use it all the time and have gone on 42 vacations and counting through them. You can get some amazing deals on trips all over the world through them, and that's who we'll be booking our honeymoon through.

Make sure you do your research on the resorts you look at and check out the reviews :) The offer some week long packages all inclusive along with airfair!

#2 Wende

Wende
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,709 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 01:40 AM

wow. Wish I knew about this before. I am already booked for my honeymoon.

But I will keep this in mind for a family vacation. Thanks

#3 Wende

Wende
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,709 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 01:52 AM

Huge tip, thanks. We can take off to Vegas for a weekend for under 150 for THE BOTH OF US. Ummm, WOW!!! Thats cheaper than going to the freaking movies and dinner. :lol:

#4 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,681 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 10:58 AM

Wow Wende. That's scary that it's true that you guys could do that for less than dinner and a movie. :lol: It's crazy how much prices went up on things.

Rich and I decided that when we have our wedding, we will be leaving IMMEDIATELY from the reception and go on our honeymoon. 2 weeks in the caribbean? Oh alright! :dance:

#5 Wende

Wende
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,709 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 12:16 PM

Thats my dream but not a reality, having 3 kids and all. You guys are doing it proper. :lol:

We are lucky enough though, to be leaving the day after (day of when it comes to a night at the castle) for a whole week all by ourselves.

#6 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,681 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 12:50 PM

That will be nice! :)

Oooooooh you must be getting so excited! :crazy:

#7 Sunny Sunshine

Sunny Sunshine
  • VibeTribe
  • 653 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 12:54 PM

We're only doing one week, but it's going to be somewhere warm! :crazy:

#8 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,681 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 01:19 PM

Well, it's like you said. We already have everything we need, so we figured someday when we have our wedding, we'll get $$$ from everybody, and we'll put it towards that. :) I was thinking it would be fun to do a cruise for a week and then stay somewhere for a week. Rich wants to go back to Hawaii. I've never been, and I'd looooove to. :dance: My friend from when I was younger honeymooned all over Hawaii. Her pictures were amazing! :eek:

#9 Sunny Sunshine

Sunny Sunshine
  • VibeTribe
  • 653 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 01:44 PM

I'd love to be able to take the two weeks, but I only get 3 weeks vacation time, and Trav doesn't get any yet. So he'll be getting no pay while we're on the honeymoon! Oh well :)

#10 vinandtonic

vinandtonic
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,676 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 04:40 PM

we haven't gone on a honeymoon yet. We're hoping for Scotland this fall, but it depends on $$. Neither of us want to go into debt to do it.

I will check out that site though. :)

#11 vinandtonic

vinandtonic
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,676 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 04:44 PM

Well, it's like you said. We already have everything we need, so we figured someday when we have our wedding, we'll get $$$ from everybody, and we'll put it towards that. :)

people will give you "stuff" anyway. :lol:
we didn't register anywhere, we spread the word that we didn't really need anything. most people gave us $$, but we got a lot of gift cards, wine, and some awesome artwork.
I wouldn't count on the $$, unless you are specifically setting up a "honeymoon fund" or something.

#12 Dr. Lostreality

Dr. Lostreality
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 06:24 PM

we're not doing a honeymoon...we were originally thinking of going to a b & b on Chincotegue island (off the coast of maryland/virginia), but then my future in-laws offered to take us on a Mediterranean cruise this summer that goes to Italy, Croatia, Greece (3 days), Turkey and Sicily, and we will also be spending a few days in Rome after the cruise is over.

It's going to be WITH his parents, so i guess it doesn't really count as a honeymoon, but we figure we can only take so much travel this summer (in addition to fests and a conference in CA i have to go to), so we're counting it. :) And we get our own room at least! :)

#13 Wende

Wende
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,709 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 08:02 PM

ooo, that sounds amazing. Wow, that is so awsome. I would call it a honeymoon. :)

#14 SunshineDrummer

SunshineDrummer

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 12,165 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 09:13 PM

Well, it's like you said. We already have everything we need, so we figured someday when we have our wedding, we'll get $$$ from everybody, and we'll put it towards that. :) I was thinking it would be fun to do a cruise for a week and then stay somewhere for a week. Rich wants to go back to Hawaii. I've never been, and I'd looooove to. :dance: My friend from when I was younger honeymooned all over Hawaii. Her pictures were amazing! :eek:

Do it. Hawaii is the most amazingly beautiful place I've ever seen. We spent 2 weeks there on our honeymoon and we're both dying to go back.

#15 Wende

Wende
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,709 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 09:55 PM

I really want to go to Hawaii. I used to think about Hawaii every time I wanted a cigarette (when I was quitting) How, if I quit, I just may live to go to Hawaii one day.

I'm so happy that I have more of a chance now. :)

Oh all you single couples (oxy moron?) travel while you can. :)

I"m glad I had kids young enough to be able to travel later.

Ok, i'll stop rambling to myself :lol:

#16 Dr. Lostreality

Dr. Lostreality
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 10:08 PM

I know, I am soooo excited for this trip, I've never been to europe before (or on a cruise either!) I might end up missing vibes though, since the cruise ends on July 18th, then we have to fly back to the US, and I'm not sure if I'll want to drive up to Bridgeport like 3 days later.

Also excited cause we are probably going to start trying to get pregnant later this summer, so this way I get my wanderlust satisfied before settling down. :)

#17 Wende

Wende
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,709 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 01:20 AM

Such exciting stuff heading your way. Yay!

#18 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,681 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 01:17 PM

Do it. Hawaii is the most amazingly beautiful place I've ever seen. We spent 2 weeks there on our honeymoon and we're both dying to go back.

Now I know who to ask for tips & things to see! :bliss: