19 replies to this topic

#1 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:04 PM

Paul Ryan must think Americans are stupid:

Old people are smarter than he thinks, and we won't get fooled again.

VoucherCare is for suckers.

#2 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,572 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:10 PM

:lol:

Here's the entire speech for those not stupid enough to get fooled again by Think Progress' little snippet that isn't even honest enough to start at the beginning of the sentence so we have an idea about what the audience is actually reacting to.

Young or old, don't be a sucker and draw any type of conclusion from a cherry picked minute eighteen second clip from an untrustworthy organization like Think Progress.

#3 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:26 PM

unfortunately, I cant listen to the video you posted. The electronic voice irritates me.

Why couldnt someone have just read that intro?

#4 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,572 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:47 PM

No idea, but that voice only lasts for 15 seconds or so

#5 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:20 PM

He quotes LBJ made when he signed Medicare into law:

"no longer will older Americans be denied the healing miracle of modern medicine; no longer will young families see their own incomes and their own hopes eaten away simply because they are carrying out their deep moral obligations to their parents and to their uncles and aunts."

He then says Seniors are threatened by Obamacare, and the audience reacts. Probably because Obamacare would help ALL AMERICANS.

I cant understand how he can quote LBJ, then say we "need to repeal Obamacare". WTF?! It doesnt make any sense.

I

#6 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:21 PM

Looks like PFs video just editted out Paul Ryan's greetings, and the moment of prayer (WTF) that he felt the need to take before starting this speech.

:facepalm:

#7 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:23 PM

yeah, pretty much...

if the "ThinkProgress" in the corner bothers you, then here:

booing is booing, and I could watch Paul Ryan get booed all day long! :lol:

oh, and yeah The Washington Post is reporting this as well as MSNBC...

#8 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:26 PM

just so you know, HATH, Joker is a closet Republican.

#9 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:27 PM

How do you go from LBJ pledging healthcare coverage for all seniors and young families to "this is why we need to repeal Obamacare"?

Tool

#10 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:29 PM

just so you know, HATH, Joker is a closet Republican.

yeah i got the memo.

I guess he was attempting to show that Democrats like to promise and lie, or something. Even tho that speech he quotes was made after Medicare was signed into law, helping seniors. :scratched head:

#11 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:31 PM

they'll say anything that they think sounds good and will get them votes. It doesn't matter if it ultimately makes sense or not.

#12 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,572 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:32 PM

Looks like PFs video just editted out Paul Ryan's greetings, and the moment of prayer (WTF) that he felt the need to take before starting this speech.

:picardfp:

There's a few minutes of the speech before the cut (roughly the 4:30 mark) and the speech is about 30 minutes long so there's plenty that was edited out.

You couldn't listen for 15 seconds before giving up on it the first time so I'm going to guess you didn't bother listening to the entire speech

yeah i got the memo.

I guess he was attempting to show that Democrats like to promise and lie, or something. Even tho that speech he quotes was made after Medicare was signed into law, helping seniors. :scratched head:

I don't recall ever voting Republican, and I certainly won't be this election either, so you clearly got the wrong memo.

All I was doing was pointing out there was that it was a 30 minute speech and all that was picked out by Think Progress was a little 78 second clip that was started in the middle of a sentence and didn't give any context as to what the booing was about.

Apparently it was done in some sort of twisted effort to make the guy look bad. If the booing and/or Ryan is so bad why resort to that type of cheap, dishonest tactic rather than letting us hear what he was talking about that caused the booing?

It's nothing more than the same old partisan crap that both sides fling like monkey shit, in the hopes that some of it will stick to the opposition, while treating the rest of us like we're fools who can't see it for what it is.

It serves no purpose and doesn't bring anything positive to the discussion or to the American people.

Sadly that seems to have become the norm for a lot of the clueless "contards and libtards" who will vote their party no matter what and who will defend their man doing the same things they protested so strongly against when it was the other guy doing it.

My team rocks
Your team sucks

We all lose as the machine rolls over us

#13 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 22 September 2012 - 12:46 AM

your philosophy is what brought us George Bush & Dick Cheney, and if we follow it this time we'll be stuck with Romney/Ryan.

So... thanks, but no thanks.

how 'bout voting in the primary if you want a say in who's running in the general... now there's a novel approach.

#14 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 22 September 2012 - 12:59 AM

oh and nobody is stopping anyone from watching the whole thing. This is 2012, not 1992.

Right, beerz? I see you lurking.

In 1992 I would have never known beerz was lurking.

Hey! Did anyone else but me notice that Paul Ryan looks like Jughead Jones?

#15 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 22 September 2012 - 01:07 AM

Hey, Joke... why don't you tell CBS News they're wrong?

http://www.cbsnews.c...arp-conference/

(CBS News) NEW ORLEANS - The audience reception for President Obama and Paul Ryan at Friday's AARP convention couldn't have differed more: Obama won cheers for discussing his signature health care law, while Ryan drew the most aggressively negative response he has faced as a GOP vice presidential candidate for vowing to repeal it.
Obama's and Ryan's back-to-back speeches before the nation's largest senior-citizens lobby also exposed just how wide the gulf is between their ideas on how to reform America's entitlement programs, as each man insinuated that the other's plan spelled certain destruction for the nation's seniors.
The audience of several thousand clearly came down on Obama's side. Despite Ryan's exhortations that the president had "turned Medicare into a piggy bank for 'Obamacare' " by cutting $716 billion in provider payments --a claim that fact-checking watchdogs have called misleading for a variety of reasons --he was met with a loud round of boos and cries of "no!" as he pledged to repeal the health care reform law, which AARP as an organization supports.
The heckling from the audience softened, but continued, as Ryan talked through his own Medicare plan. The crowd did applaud when he introduced his mother, Betty Douglas, a 78-year-old retiree who he says turned her life around with Social Security survivors' benefits after his father died when Ryan was 16. He also won applause for pledging to reduce the deficit and cut spending.
The Obama campaign immediately seized on the event, issuing a statement headlined "The Reviews Are In on Paul Ryan's AARP Appearance" featuring a series of tweets from reporters noting the negative crowd response.
Obama, addressing the conference via satellite, argued that his health care policies have strengthened Medicare and that his opponents would leave seniors at the mercy of insurance companies.
"There has been a lot of talk about Medicare and Social Security that hasn't been on the level," Obama told seniors. The repeal of the 2010 health care law, he said, would mean billions of dollars in new profits for insurance companies and would raise health care costs for seniors.
"Their plan replaces guaranteed medical benefits with a voucher that won't keep up with costs. When they tell you that their plan lets you keep your doctor, they're leaving out one thing, and that's the facts," Obama said of the approach put forward by his GOP rivals.
Ryan, asked about his plan during a question-and-answer section, said that Democrats call his plan a "voucher" because it is "a poll-tested word basically designed to scare today's seniors."
"Our plan empowers future seniors to choose the coverage that works best for them from a list of plans that are required to offer at least the same level of benefits as traditional Medicare. This financial support system is designed to guarantee that seniors can always afford Medicare coverage--no exceptions," he said. "Our idea is to force insurance companies to compete against each other to better serve seniors, with more help for the poor and the sick--and less help for the wealthy."
Obama's take on that idea? "No American should ever spend their golden years at the mercy of insurance companies," he said.
The divide between the two candidates continued with Social Security. The president said, "We have to keep the promise on Social Security by reforming it and not handing it over the Wall Street." But Ryan accused him of lacking the "political will" necessary to implement reform.
"He's put his own job security over your retirement security," Ryan said. For the first time on the campaign trail, he outlined the Republican ticket's proposal, which is to slightly raise the retirement age over time and slow the growth of benefits for higher-income Americans.
Both men tried to paint themselves as the bipartisan reformer open to compromise and the other side as unwilling. Obama said he would be willing to work with Republicans; Ryan said he hadn't moved an inch toward common ground. Obama noted that he took the idea for the individual mandate from the health care plan that Mitt Romney implemented while governor of Massachusetts; Ryan said Medicare reforms to increase choice and competition date back to the Clinton administration and have enjoyed bipartisan support.
An NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll this week found the public prefers Obama's approach to Medicare over Romney's, 47 percent to 37 percent.

#16 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:15 AM

Posted Image

#17 cheeseweasel

cheeseweasel
  • VibeTribe
  • 802 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:01 AM

Eddie Fucking Munster: Ayn Rand Warrior.

Not coming to a theater or White House near you.

#18 melissaphish

melissaphish
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,942 posts
  • LocationHawleyville, MA

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:59 PM

We all lose as the machine rolls over us

Truth. Sad.

#19 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:36 PM

truth is that the country is doing much better now than it was 4 years ago when we were on the brink of a financial meltdown and the stock market was at 6000

oh and Bin Laden was still alive and we couldn't find him in Iraq.

#20 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,572 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:19 PM

Obama slammed by AARP after claiming support of powerful senior citizens' group during debate
  • President claims AARP supports Obamacare and opposes Republicans' voucher-based reform of Medicare during first presidential debate in Denver
  • Spokesman insists group is 'non-partisan' and does not endorse candidates

Barack Obama claimed that the AARP had endorsed his plans to reform Medicare during the first presidential debate in Denver last night.

But just a few hours later the senior citizens' group spoke out to deny that it was supporting the President, and insisted that it did not wish to be drawn into the political horse-race.

The rejection of his message came as another blow for Mr Obama, who has been widely pilloried for his underwhelming performance in a debate which most commentators agreed was won by Mitt Romney.

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz28M6rCxh0