Photo

So...My Ex is Getting Married on Saturday...

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Sunshower

Sunshower
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,456 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:13 PM

I am truly excited to see Mark and Wendy pledge their love to each other in front of family and friends. Some folks ask me "How do you feel about that"? Well, I have always maintained a close friendship with Mark and have come to know and love Wendy. So, guess that about sums it up! Just thought I would share that with you. Nice to stay close to past loves. What do YOU think? ;) :heart:

#2 Royal

Royal
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,000 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:22 PM

I am glad you will be able to go to the wedding happy and I'm glad you maintain a relationship with Mark and Wendy. Take lots of pics.

I'm good facebook friends with my ex-girlfriend Lisa and I participate on the board with Gregoir on a regular basis. See him at shows and fests sometimes too.

#3 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,821 posts
  • LocationAbove The Waves

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:25 PM

Get hammered, cause scene, steal cake, profit :pimp:

#4 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:43 PM

I always find it weird if folks *don't* stay friends - unless, of course, the break-up was traumatic. Otherwise, the friendship remains the same in my world!

Happy you can be happy for them, Sunshower! :)

#5 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,821 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:57 PM

I always find it weird if folks *don't* stay friends - unless, of course, the break-up was traumatic. Otherwise, the friendship remains the same in my world!

Happy you can be happy for them, Sunshower! :)

Yup I honestly don't get how people can just cut people out of their lives. Unless something really fucked up happened. Someone did it to me once and it is still the most painful thing that has ever happened to me.

#6 TheDHJ

TheDHJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 32,018 posts
  • LocationSouthern Colorado

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:03 AM

Get hammered, cause scene, steal cake, profit :pimp:

This!! :lol:

#7 Jwheelz

Jwheelz
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,868 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:07 AM

first off, that's so awesome for your ex, and so great that you can be so happy for them :)

Yup I honestly don't get how people can just cut people out of their lives. Unless something really fucked up happened. Someone did it to me once and it is still the most painful thing that has ever happened to me.

I've only had to do this once, and it's very hard, basically the only reason to do something like that is if keeping that person in your life does more damage than getting away from them... it's very cold to do it to someone for no reason at all, but often times it has to do with that's person shortcomings not those of the person they hurt... it's not something I ever want to have to do to someone again if I can avoid it...

#8 KrisNYG

KrisNYG
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,155 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:35 AM

Get hammered, cause scene, steal cake, profit :gregoir:

Need a date?

Good form D! Of course I would expect nothing less from you. :heart: Congrats to them on their upcoming lolnuptials. :D

#9 Sunshower

Sunshower
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,456 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:27 AM

You totally read my mind! :gregoir: :funny1:

#10 Sunshower

Sunshower
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,456 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:28 AM

Need a date?

Good form D! Of course I would expect nothing less from you. :heart: Congrats to them on their upcoming lolnuptials. :D

What time can you be ready on Saturday? Festivities start at 2ish. :bouncey:

#11 Sunshower

Sunshower
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,456 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:29 AM

I don't think I have really just cut anyone out of my life in the true sense of the statement. I just sort of lost touch with that person. No good to have to deal with the pain of being cut out of someone's life.

#12 seany

seany
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,771 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:33 AM

Have fun, Donna :) Glad you maintained that relationship. I always have, too. Just because it doesn't work out doesn't mean you need to throw away years of being someone's best friend. I performed the marriage ceremony for the only woman I was ever engaged to just 3 years back. Said to her dad, "See Larry, I finally married your daughter" :lmao:

#13 Royal

Royal
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,000 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:15 AM

Have fun, Donna :) Glad you maintained that relationship. I always have, too. Just because it doesn't work out doesn't mean you need to throw away years of being someone's best friend. I performed the marriage ceremony for the only woman I was ever engaged to just 3 years back. Said to her dad, "See Larry, I finally married your daughter" :lmao:

:funny1:

#14 Sunshower

Sunshower
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,456 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:25 AM

That is awesome! :lol:

#15 Sunshower

Sunshower
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,456 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:26 AM

Ryan, I will be taking LOTS of photos and then NOT posting them! :P :funny1:

#16 Jersey Thug

Jersey Thug
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,379 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:03 PM

i think it's nice, too. :)

i hope you have a great time, Donna. congrats to Mark and Wendy!

#17 KittyKindBud

KittyKindBud
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:20 PM

The Buds played a wedding ( great Wormtown folk) ... and the father of the bride got drunk - yelled at his brother during the vows, and we all got kicked out of the joint when the wedding cake began to fly..............memorable...........

#18 KrisNYG

KrisNYG
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,155 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:31 PM

The Buds played a wedding ( great Wormtown folk) ... and the father of the bride got drunk - yelled at his brother during the vows, and we all got kicked out of the joint when the wedding cake began to fly..............memorable...........

Awesome! :lmao:

#19 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,880 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:01 PM

My ex lived with me platonically three times long after we were divorced. :lol:

#20 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,821 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:08 PM

My ex lived with me platonically three times long after we were divorced. :lol:

He was just in it for the cuddles with Unbroken Chain.

#21 vinandtonic

vinandtonic
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,740 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:23 PM

I have only one ex I don't, and won't, ever talk to.

#22 jme

jme
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,095 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:37 PM

i don't have a single ex that I talk to. I have no desire to, and I don't think they do either. I was FB friends with one of them for a bit, but even then there was no conversation, just a glimpse into each other's life.

then again, I'm 36 years old, I've been with my wife since I was 20. So any ex's are relationships when I was essentially a kid, and haven't been remotely involved in my life for over 15 years.

#23 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 74,091 posts
  • LocationRockland and Long Island, NY

Posted 21 September 2012 - 07:00 PM

I'm very happy for Mark and Wendy, too. I'm still tights with some with whom I've shared past life chapters more intimately. I totally get it.

#24 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,667 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 07:10 PM

Give him a hug and tell him congrat's from me!

And eat lot's of cake

I am tight with some of my ex's like Feesh and i others I have no contact with at all. I think it depends on why you ended the relationship and how you feel about one another.

#25 mamapajama

mamapajama
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:50 PM

hmm, what do I think?
<type
delete
type
delete
pfft>
still too soon ;)

Very nice though for you and your ex and his bride.

#26 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:54 PM

It's very very hard to be"tight" with an ex. Kudos to those who can make it work!

#27 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,821 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:07 PM

hmm, what do I think?
<type
delete
type
delete
pfft>
still too soon ;)

Very nice though for you and your ex and his bride.

Someone's ex keeps spamming my facebook even though I asked them to stop inviting me to things. :joker:

#28 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 74,091 posts
  • LocationRockland and Long Island, NY

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:32 PM

Lol. I'm getting half the spam I used to, now. That's a good start. :)

#29 Sunshower

Sunshower
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,456 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 01:01 AM

Spam sucks! :protest:

#30 Smiles

Smiles
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:49 AM

All my exes live in Texas.

#31 foo

foo
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,887 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:30 PM

I didn't talk to my ex for a long time...he finally got a clue and we are close again! :funny1: We talk at least once a month now.

#32 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,821 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:41 PM

Lol. I'm getting half the spam I used to, now. That's a good start. :)

yup I am halfed myself.