• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Leda

Leda

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 397 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 07:05 PM

Hope you're ready for a bad-ass weekend, folks! We sure are!!

:Phishfolk::dance: :Phishfolk:

Posted Image
http://view.exacttar...07763007e7d1078Posted Image

:Phishfolk::dance: :Phishfolk:

http://view.exacttar...07763007e7d1078

#2 cappy

cappy
  • VibeTribe
  • 35 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 12:56 AM

I'm kind of amazed there's been no comments one way or another, but I'll say I'm excited. There's some stuff I love, some stuff I don't know and am curious to check out. Of course with openings available I'm still hoping for a few additions like Martin Sexton, Zack Deputy and of course I say it every year, lets bring back Warren Haynes? How about his new project the Warren Haynes Band???

Always look forward to the Vibes and this year is no different...........

#3 shagggadellic

shagggadellic
  • VibeTribe
  • 377 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 03:25 AM

I'm totally psyched. The Grateful Dead are well represented, and I don't listen to Jane's Addiction or Elvis Costello a lot but I know I like them and I'm planning on listening to them a lot before Vibes to get to know them better. John Butler Trio, Taj Mahal Trio, moe and Toots & Maytals are all awesome IMO. But most of all I'm excited for Levon Helm.

I think it's the best lineup on paper ever.

#4 Tainted703

Tainted703
  • VibeTribe
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 05:33 PM

Is there still likely to be more big name artists to be announced? There are some acts that played over the last couple years I'm really hoping to see return, as this is my first year going to vibes (I'm coming up from Florida.) I got my fingers crossed for either Primus, Crosby Stills & Nash, or Umphrey's Mcgee.

I have a feeling the rest of the announcements will involve smaller acts though, right? The lineup this year is pretty cool, does Furthur/Ratdog/whoever from the dead normally plays, only play one night normally?

#5 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 23,248 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 06:53 PM

I am super excited with the line-up this year. :dance: :jump: :dance:

#6 cappy

cappy
  • VibeTribe
  • 35 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 09:47 PM

Is there still likely to be more big name artists to be announced? There are some acts that played over the last couple years I'm really hoping to see return, as this is my first year going to vibes (I'm coming up from Florida.) I got my fingers crossed for either Primus, Crosby Stills & Nash, or Umphrey's Mcgee.

I have a feeling the rest of the announcements will involve smaller acts though, right? The lineup this year is pretty cool, does Furthur/Ratdog/whoever from the dead normally plays, only play one night normally?

I'd say that anything is possible as far as big or small additions as Furthur wasn't added till very late last year. That being said, the addition of Crosby Stills & Nash at this point is probably unlikely, same would be my guess for Primus but hey, one never knows.

As for your second question, yes, Furthur will only play one night. You'll hear dead tunes all throughout the weekend though and don't forget, Dark Star Orchestra will knock your deadhead socks off on Thursday night. :wook:

Note: I'm not a vibe guide but I've been to 14 of these fine Gatherings, so I feel pretty qualified to answer and also say "welcome to the vibe tribe"

#7 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 23,248 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 10:28 PM

Oops, thanks Cappy, I missed that part. Yes, Furthur is playing one night, I think Friday, DSO is Thursday night, Rythm Devils are Sunday...for the Dead bands off the top of my head.

#8 shagggadellic

shagggadellic
  • VibeTribe
  • 377 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 01:06 AM

I'm not a vibe guide, and I'm a n00b compared to a lot of people on here, but the John Butler Trio looks like a suspiciously small band for the headliner on Sunday to me. I would expect most of the other bands that are going to be announced to be smaller and maybe one bigger bands to headline Sunday. Proboably an oldie.

But again, I'm all speculation.

#9 Tainted703

Tainted703
  • VibeTribe
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 05:28 AM

Appreciate the quick replies everyone. The lineup is still great, so I can't complain if no more big bands sign on, plus I'm mainly going for the dead. This will be an unforgettable experience no matter what. I grew up in CT and never managed to make a show while I was up north (from North Branford, not far from Bridgeport at all.) Now that I'm in Florida, I'll be making the journey back up north (probably purchasing all my camping gear for the time to use this year)

#10 shagggadellic

shagggadellic
  • VibeTribe
  • 377 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 02:51 AM

Appreciate the quick replies everyone. The lineup is still great, so I can't complain if no more big bands sign on, plus I'm mainly going for the dead. This will be an unforgettable experience no matter what. I grew up in CT and never managed to make a show while I was up north (from North Branford, not far from Bridgeport at all.) Now that I'm in Florida, I'll be making the journey back up north (probably purchasing all my camping gear for the time to use this year)

Oh, really? I'm from Westbrook, just three towns to the East. You'll have a great time. I gurantee it.