Photo
- - - - -

It's good to check the spam folder once in a while...

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,068 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:46 PM

If I hadn't, I mighta missed Beyonce's invitation to join her and Jay at his club next week. If I give money to the Obama Campaign. And my name gets drawn.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry, B, but whatever night that is, I'm pretty sure it's the one I have "sort sock drawer" on my calendar. Priorities, you know. Maybe next time.

Love, T

#2 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,856 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:54 PM

:lol:

#3 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:02 PM

I wonder if they will be serving collard greens and chitlins' with dinner?

edited to add: Please pass the hot sauce.

#4 Spidergawd

Spidergawd
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,701 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:07 PM

Did you hear how much the tickets are?? $40,000 each!! :shocked:

Imagine what that will be after the Ticketmaster service charges!!

#5 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,544 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:58 PM

Nothing says spread the wealth around like making sure only the richest folks can participate!

I think what Obama means by spread the wealth around and fair share, is that these ideas are for us, not him and his buddies.

#6 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,905 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:31 PM

Beyonce's right. She doesn't email me often.

#7 Spidergawd

Spidergawd
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,701 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:34 PM

You mean exactly like the high end fundraisers that all national politicians do? Obama certainly didn't come up with this nor is he the only one doing it, just for the record.

More evidence that we need publicly financed campaigns, repeal of the Citizen's United abomination and elimination of all corporate contributions. While I'm at it, I would also like to see any "religious" organization lose its tax-exempt status the second they spend one penny or utter one syllable about politics. For that matter, just eliminate that exemption all around.

#8 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,679 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:38 PM

Corporations are people too.

#9 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,068 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:39 PM

Obama certainly didn't come up with this nor is he the only one doing it, just for the record.

I didn't start the thread as a shot at Obama individually. Romney's just as bad. Prolly worse, prolly.

#10 Spidergawd

Spidergawd
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,701 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:06 PM

I didn't start the thread as a shot at Obama individually. Romney's just as bad. Prolly worse, prolly.

Sorry, I was responding to IASW's post #5 - should have quoted.

#11 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,905 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:27 PM

You mean exactly like the high end fundraisers that all national politicians do? Obama certainly didn't come up with this nor is he the only one doing it, just for the record.

I can't even afford to go to the not-so-high fundraisers that CP gets invited to for our local politicians. I've certainly never been to a $1,000/plate dinner for a presidential candidate, with or without Beyonce.