• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#1 Jersey Thug

Jersey Thug
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,229 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 03:22 PM

until i get to marry kiltboy :jump::jump::jump:

planning a wedding in under three months is a little crazy, but i'm SO glad we decided not to wait!

#2 vinandtonic

vinandtonic
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 03:38 PM

:heart::heart::heart:

#3 Erinisme

Erinisme
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,410 posts
  • LocationJersey Fresh

Posted 09 March 2011 - 03:39 PM

I didn't read the the one month part and almost panicked LOL

Yay! Im' so happy for you two :heart:

#4 forestdancer

forestdancer
  • VibeTribe
  • 193 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 06:31 PM

yay!!!!!!!!!!!!

#5 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,549 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 07:52 PM

AWESOME :crazy:

#6 Lemireacle

Lemireacle
  • VibeTribe
  • 27,748 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 08:16 PM

:jump:

#7 fire_rocket

fire_rocket
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 02:22 PM

:jamguy:

#8 seany

seany
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 02:31 PM

#9 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,934 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 02:50 PM

Yay love!
Enjoy every minute leading up to it :heart: The sweet anticipation is wonderful!

#10 Slave Self Promoted

Slave Self Promoted
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,631 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 04:53 PM

:bliss: woot!!!! :bliss:

epic union!!

#11 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,702 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 06:01 PM

So exciting! :getmarried: :georgi: :heart:

#12 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,934 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 06:35 PM

#13 kramer

kramer
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,063 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 10:20 PM

you guys are the cutest :)

#14 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 02:26 PM

:jump: yeah baby! :jump:

#15 moonstone

moonstone
  • VibeTribe
  • 137 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 07:26 PM

Wow. Congrats.

#16 Jersey Thug

Jersey Thug
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,229 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 12:04 PM

thanks everyone. :) :heart: one month to go! :crazy:

and this weekend, our families are meeting for the first time. this should be...something :huh::lol:

#17 kramer

kramer
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,063 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 03:39 PM

whoa, they haven't met yet? WORLDS COLLIDING :trainwreck:

:lol nah, it'll be awesome :grouphug: :)

#18 HoopsTer

HoopsTer
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,915 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 01:44 AM

sooooo How did it go????

I was terrified of our families meeting. Glad I had you two as a buffer! :heart:

#19 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,934 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 01:53 AM

So exciting Jennie! I saw the pics of the family gathering :heart:

I'm so glad your are taking delight in all the moments leading up to your magical, wonderful day. You are an amazing and special couple and I love you guys to pieces!

#20 Jersey Thug

Jersey Thug
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,229 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 05:45 PM

sooooo How did it go????

I was terrified of our families meeting. Glad I had you two as a buffer! :heart:

i'm glad we had those shots as a buffer :lol: but we had a great time getting to know your family and friends and it was so nice to be a part of it - thank you! we can't wait to celebrate your wedding with you! :jump:

and brunch went very, very well overall i think. with 20 guests, we were seated at two round tables next to each other, which wasn't what my sis had requested...and of course my family all gathered at the same table, leaving Jason's family and he and i to all sit together at the other one. :lol: so much for best laid plans.

but luckily it was a gorgeous day so afterward, we all walked around the village for a couple of hours. the kids hung out a bit and there was some bonding. my brother Tom set Jason's mom at ease by making plans for a shared cocktail at the wedding, and his shy but friendly niece Mack bonded instantly with my more outgoing, slightly older niece Gabby. next thing you know she was totally out of her shell and playing in a cloud of bubbles with my little nephew, JJ. it was awesome!

afterward one of my family members hung back to voice her opinion about the situation with my mom. i think she honestly believed that the ball was in my court there (it's not) and i know she had the best of intentions but it really hurt to dredge that up, and it dampened my spirits after a great day. but Jason and my sister helped me through it, and i was able to set her straight...so at least i won't be expecting that sort of thing on our wedding day. she needed to have her say and i handled it well, all things considered.

the best part of the day was watching his niece and my niece and nephews getting along so well. after a brief period of awkwardness they started laughing and talking like they'd known each other for years. pretty cool :)

So exciting Jennie! I saw the pics of the family gathering :heart:

I'm so glad your are taking delight in all the moments leading up to your magical, wonderful day. You are an amazing and special couple and I love you guys to pieces!

we love you too. SO much! and i wish we could skip the next three weeks and just get down to it! his ring came in yesterday and we've asked a dear friend to perform the ceremony. the rest is just icing...quite literally! cake tasting comes next :lol:

i'm glad we got some photos of the day at Smithville too. i'm so glad i convinced my sister to organize a family brunch for us, in lieu of a shower. we wanted our families (and not just the girls) to meet before the wedding day, and that worked out perfectly. :)

#21 fire_rocket

fire_rocket
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 08:20 PM

Sounds like a perfect day! I was glad to see the picture of you 2 on the carousel together b/c there weren't any of you at the brunch. :wink:

It's coming up so quickly!!! :dance:

#22 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 73,902 posts
  • LocationRockland and Long Island, NY

Posted 25 March 2011 - 05:24 AM

carousels are so perfect. :heart:

#23 Jersey Thug

Jersey Thug
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,229 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 03:23 PM

i was the only one with a camera, i think :lol: but i handed it off to my sis while we were on the carousel with my nieces and nephews. that was fun :) i've been riding that particular carousel since i was just a baby.

#24 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,702 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 06:31 PM

Ooh it's getting close!!! :heart:

#25 Jersey Thug

Jersey Thug
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,229 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 06:56 PM

i know right? :jump: in fact i just realized HOW close...i need to get my ass in gear and knock the last few items off my to-do list! :jamguy:

i just made an appointment for a consultation with Ye Olde Pie Shoppe for our cake...now to make a final decision about flowers.

maybe :lol:

#26 musicmomma

musicmomma
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,971 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 11:43 PM

we're all so happy for you two up here. i can remember jason telling me he met you at the boardie picnic when he stopped by to see us afterwards. sometimes it seems like just yesterday. blessings to both of you. :heart:

#27 Jersey Thug

Jersey Thug
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,229 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 02:21 PM

thank you Missy. sometimes it feels like just yesterday to us, too, and then also like it's always been this way. we can't wait to see you guys at SC and celebrate with everyone. we're trying to think of a way to pull that together now :) :heart:

#28 SunshineDaydream

SunshineDaydream
  • VibeTribe
  • 388 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 06:17 PM

Jennie omg you guys totally need to hang one of those JUST MARRIED signs they put on the backs of cars at your SC camp this year!!!

:dance:

#29 Jersey Thug

Jersey Thug
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,229 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 10:52 AM

i like that idea a lot! :jump:

#30 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,702 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 06:16 PM

Sooooooo...how many days???? :ura1: :getmarried:

#31 Lemireacle

Lemireacle
  • VibeTribe
  • 27,748 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 06:50 PM

so happy for you two up here.

This!! :heart:

#32 Jersey Thug

Jersey Thug
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,229 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 08:31 PM

Sooooooo...how many days???? :ura1: :getmarried:

something like...18??? :jump:

we're going for our marriage license tomorrow. :crazy: and then on Thursday, there's a shower for us at his school. with a theme and everything. :crazy::lol::clapping: should we play guess the theme? :lol:

#33 Jersey Thug

Jersey Thug
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,229 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 08:33 PM

This!! :heart:

:kissing:

thanks darlin'. :) :heart:

#34 Slave Self Promoted

Slave Self Promoted
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,631 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 08:47 PM

:bliss: i love jason's profile pic on facebook. you guys are so perfect for each other. :funny1: :heart:

#35 Jersey Thug

Jersey Thug
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,229 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 09:42 PM

pfft...he totally stole that from me. we had arts and crafts night here on Sunday. so much fun :lol:

and his mom said the same thing to him today, after he told her he's been accepted to the US Beard Team and is going to nationals in the fall. "you and Jennie are perfect for each other!"

she probably thinks i'm a bad influence :funny1:

#36 Lemireacle

Lemireacle
  • VibeTribe
  • 27,748 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 09:43 PM

we're going for our marriage license tomorrow. :crazy: and then on Thursday, there's a shower for us at his school. with a theme and everything. :crazy::lol::clapping: should we play guess the theme? :lol:

Oooh, oooh, oooh... I gnome, I gnome!! Pick me!!

Posted Image

#37 Jersey Thug

Jersey Thug
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,229 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 11:16 PM

well i don't think it's Blues Clues :lol: :huh:

#38 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,702 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 05:23 PM

:woohoo:

I miss my countdown. :funny1:

Ooh getting the marriage license is so exciting. I love how they ask if you are related in like, 15 different questions. :lol:

Aww, a shower at his school? Hmm...I will go with...GNOMES!!! :Phishfolk:

#39 Jersey Thug

Jersey Thug
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,229 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 07:13 PM

Georgi, i honestly thought it would be gnomes too :lol: but nope...they took the book he wrote and illustrated for me for Valentine's Day this year (our story - Princess Jennie and the Pirate) and used images from that everywhere, and then threw in lots of pirate stuff taboot and made it fun and cute and romantic. it was so nice to meet those of his colleagues i hadn't met before. and they were way more generous than i ever expected. it was a bit overwhelming actually :blush: :)

and then i got to hang out in his classroom for a couple of hours. we brought the kids some snacks for snack time and they were telling me stories about how Mr. McEwan is the awesomest teacher in the world and Mr. McEwan called on me a couple of times and stuff. so much fun! and i found out i most definitely am not smarter than a 5th grader...at least when it comes to math :lol: but in spelling i am :v:

and yesterday was great! we totally charmed the town clerk lady who was very abrupt and kinda mean when we first got there. we got chided for causing a ruckus at first :lol: but we got it done and yeah, the 'are you related' question was cracking us up :clapping::lol:

i can't believe the wedding is just 16 days away!!! :jump::jump::jump:

#40 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,702 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 05:18 PM

Ratfarts, I was wrong! :lol:

I can't believe it's 16 days!!! :eek: OOOOH!!! :heart:

Yeah, our town clerk lady was kind of like that, too. She warmed up after a bit. The funny thing was...there was another couple from CT that had gone in earlier (we had to get our marriage license in MA since we got married on the Cape), and she was like, this couple is getting married on the same date as you, on the Cape as well! I almost turned into a bridezilla, thinking WHAT IF IT'S ON OUR BEACH?! :eek: Well, the lady looked, and it was not, so all was well. :funny1:

#41 kramer

kramer
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,063 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 05:57 PM

our town clerk was mean the whole time!!! :(

#42 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,934 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 09:06 PM

We got ours in Bridgeport the day before Vibes started. We drove from Chicago to Bridgeport and made it JUST in time. We were the last marriage license of the day...

#43 HoopsTer

HoopsTer
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,915 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 02:09 AM

CANT WAIT!!! it's so close now :D

#44 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,934 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 01:56 PM

OMG! Less than two weeks! :heart::heart:

#45 Jersey Thug

Jersey Thug
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,229 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 08:20 PM

ZOMG :eek: when you put it that way it :crazy:
:lol:

so this past weekend we made our cake selections (omg YUM!), finalized the menu and other reception details, and i had my dress fitting yesterday and ran a few small errands up there with my future MIL. today i dealt with unemployment stuff and tomorrow it's right back to wedding stuff - Jason's mom and i are visiting two florists to decide on flowers. i have been stressing a ridiculous amount over my original plan and kept getting stuck on that one detail, so we're throwing money at that problem to make it go away :lol: thank goodness! :clapping:

next to make our officiant official, write our ceremony so he knows what he's saying that day, and wrap up all the little details. celebrating with some friends this weekend, and then next week will be a blur of out of town guest arrivals, hair and nail and other girly appointments, and then...marrying my best friend next weekend. i can't wait!!! :jump::jump::jump:

it seems like just yesterday that kiltboy posted a video to a thread here on the Vibes board, asking me to dance with him. and here we are three years later. cool :) :heart:

#46 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,934 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 09:04 PM

:heart:

#47 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 12:34 AM

Wait so is this happening this weekend or next? Sooo exciting! I am very happy for both you guys, your union is definitely one of the things in the universe that just makes sense. :heart:

#48 Erinisme

Erinisme
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,410 posts
  • LocationJersey Fresh

Posted 11 April 2011 - 05:37 PM

It's next weekend :) 5 days to be exact :crazy:

#49 fire_rocket

fire_rocket
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 06:56 PM

:jamguy: Woo hoo!!

#50 Jersey Thug

Jersey Thug
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,229 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 02:28 PM

thank you Lola, that was so kind of you to say :heart: it definitely feels that way for us...we just fit. ain't love grande??? :heart::heart::heart:

four days now :jump:

our out of town guests start arriving tomorrow, and i have SO much to do today! better get back to it :lol: