Bikes at Gathering?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 melomane

melomane
  • VibeTribe
  • 33 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 12:16 PM

This will be my first Gathering and I'm wondering if it is a good idea to bring my bicycle, what do you think???

#2 Depends

Depends
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,908 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 12:18 PM

I've brought my bike before. Good way to get around...

#3 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,396 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 12:26 PM

Nice ride down along the water and depends where you end up camping a bike would be a good way to get to the site, bring a small lock and cable :smile: Ask Nancy, she has one of the coolest bikes on site, it has a basket for flowers, water, treats and goodies :v:

#4 heynow

heynow
  • VibeTribe
  • 843 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 12:30 PM

I brought a bike to seaside for 07-09,didn't bring it last year and really wished i had.

#5 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,457 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 01:11 PM

Every year I ask myself when I didn't bring mine, and wish that I had.

#6 melomane

melomane
  • VibeTribe
  • 33 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 07:26 PM

Wow! I'm really glad I asked, thanks for the feedback.

#7 Erinisme

Erinisme
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,407 posts
  • LocationJersey Fresh

Posted 28 February 2011 - 07:46 PM

I brought my bike once, I found camping in boardie camping I didn't need it too much...but it was nice to have...

But let me recmmend do not drive around at night drunk...there are lots of small things like curbs and broken walkways that can flip you over your handle bars LOL

The main roads are fine...'short cuts' can hurt

#8 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,540 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 12:10 AM

love having my bike and i definitely do not ride drunk! :D i do lock it up at night, too. :thup:

#9 melomane

melomane
  • VibeTribe
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 09:14 PM

I'll try to control myself :funny1:
Thanks very much for the feedback.

#10 melomane

melomane
  • VibeTribe
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 09:16 PM

Will do on the lock :wink:

#11 Spidergawd

Spidergawd
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,665 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 10:06 PM

We brought ours for the first time last year, and it was AWESOME! Such a nice ride.

Definitely bring the lock and cable. You don't want to leave it unlocked.

Protip: If there isn't a convenient tree nearby, I lock to the safety chain rings on the trailer hitch on our vehicle. Works beautifully.

#12 Deadshow Dan

Deadshow Dan
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,882 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 09:56 PM

bring lock, cable and get sense of satisfaction when riding past everyone making the trek to wherever.

solid idea, I bring mine every year :thumbsup:

#13 Lostsailr

Lostsailr
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,313 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 01:56 PM

Instead of a lock, I always think about bringing an old junker Montgomery Wards mountain bike we still have taking up space. Then we can get the fun of zipping around when needed, and if stolen, we don't have to store that old thing anymore! win-win!

#14 Smiles

Smiles
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,939 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 04:31 AM

Yeah chain and lock through both tires frame and your car axle.

It's the best thing to bring, especially if your way at the end of west camping. Your a hero for coffee runs in AM.

#15 ladygingechilla

ladygingechilla
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 04:59 PM

Hey Smiles!:crazy:

I'm going to be bringing my bike for the first time this year- with an extra long chain.
Posted Image

#16 DancingBearly

DancingBearly
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,917 posts
  • LocationQuiet Corner

Posted 18 March 2011 - 02:24 AM

Some bikes I would like to see at the Vibes.
http://www.chilloutp...ike-models.html

#17 melomane

melomane
  • VibeTribe
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 02:51 PM

:funny1:

#18 melomane

melomane
  • VibeTribe
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 02:56 PM

Very creative bike ideas :clapping:

#19 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,900 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 03:04 PM

I am already making plans to decorate the bikes :)

#20 melomane

melomane
  • VibeTribe
  • 33 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 07:24 PM

I am already making plans to decorate the bikes :)

How do you decorate Karen? Inquiring minds want to know :) :huh:

#21 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,540 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 07:50 PM

i have a pink squeaky duck 'necklace' and battery operated mini lights on mine. if you're going to ride after dark at all, you'd want to make sure you do something to make yourself very noticeable! :)

ooh! i forgot to add that i also bungee a basket onto my bike for vibes. it was the absolute very last thing i decided to take with me the first year i brought the bike and grabbed it off the kitchen wall literally on my way out the door. it's proved to be invaluable :thup:

#22 melomane

melomane
  • VibeTribe
  • 33 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 07:59 PM

i have a pink squeaky duck 'necklace' and battery operated mini lights on mine. if you're going to ride after dark at all, you'd want to make sure you do something to make yourself very noticeable! :)

ooh! i forgot to add that i also bungee a basket onto my bike for vibes. it was the absolute very last thing i decided to take with me the first year i brought the bike and grabbed it off the kitchen wall literally on my way out the door. it's proved to be invaluable :thup:

hmmm I'm thinking about some glo-in-the-dark necklace type decor that I can hook on easily to the spokes of tires. That would look pretty kewl. I like the basket idea! And remaining 'visible' is a solid idea thanks :wink: Would love to see pix of previous years bike decorating ideas if ya'll have any :rose:

#23 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,900 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 10:25 PM

How do you decorate Karen? Inquiring minds want to know :) :huh:

maybe some streamers, a basket, a flag, a horn, wrap the frame in something - like tape but not sticky...

Lights!

#24 PT Barnum

PT Barnum
  • VibeTribe
  • 51 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 11:25 PM

Definitely bring your bike! It is also loads of fun giving people on longboards a tow.Posted Image

#25 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,540 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 12:03 AM

that headwind on the way back to camp is exercise enough! :tongue1: and - i decided to order this 'cause the ground is so soft there and i'm tired of my bike falling over :ravn: :funny1:

Posted Image

http://www.amazon.co...x_ya_os_product

#26 melomane

melomane
  • VibeTribe
  • 33 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 03:08 PM

that headwind on the way back to camp is exercise enough! :tongue1: and - i decided to order this 'cause the ground is so soft there and i'm tired of my bike falling over :ravn: :funny1:

Posted Image

http://www.amazon.co...x_ya_os_product

Very cool, never seen one! Although I'll likely bring my Mtn. bike which doesn't have a kick stand but I will certainly check this out for my road bike. Thanks a bunch girl :boogie: