- - - - -

Cats and Ferrets soooooooooo cute!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Rayzeeday

• VibeTribe
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 10:39 AM

When we got our first cat Tiger he formed a playful bond with our ferret Satchmo. They would eat and play together daily and caused me many a laughs. When Satchmo passed two years later, Tiger sat by and watched as I buried him. When I was through he laid over the grave and was still there the next day and in warm weather he will still occasionaly sleep over his friends grave. Then we got our cat Pigpen next as a kitten. When we brought him home our current male ferret Barduke was the first of our pets to befriend him gifting us humans with some of the most endearing playing that two friends can share while not really hurting each other. After it was apparent Pigpen was gone last summer Barduke would sleep for hours in Pigpens cat bed. Then we got Desmond whom we tried to introduce to Barduke who wanted nothing to do with the new kitten. Insted Desmond seemed intrigued by Penny our female biter. For the next few months a lot of chases went on with often the end result of Penny biting Desmond, once to bleeding. Then just before Thanksgiving Desmond cornered her and a truce prevailed, which has blossomed into a great friendship. She will still occasionally bite him sending hhim whining around the house. The other night I was on the couch with them and noticed Penny going to sneak in a bite. Instead of running Desmond sat on her entire body stopping her in her tracks. She did not even squable, and instead got right up to play with him without missing a beat. What I have noticed through all three relationships is that each ferret and cat, while not being mean to the other cat or ferret in the house will maintain a one on one relationship with only their contemporary animal. Its a snowy and cold winters night here in Maine so I thought I would share this bit of magic in our household with my vibetribe. Hope you enjoyed reading as I have enjoyed the lives and loves of my babies.:lmao:

#2 TEO

• VibeGuide
  • 26,152 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 01:28 PM