• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Misha

Misha

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 09:09 PM

This may seem like a strange question but in the last few months, 3 people I know have died (Nucka, Julia and my sister-in-laws sister). They are all still listed as my Facebook friends. It's a little disconcerting when I go on Facebook and see one of them on my friends list with their picture ((Julias wonderul Canadian boobs)). I just don't want to delete them from my friends list but some days just seeing them listed like they are still alive makes me want to cry. I'm not sure if I really need an answer, I just wanted to write about it:heart:

#2 mamapajama

mamapajama
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 10:53 PM

I deleted a high school friend about 6 or 9 months after he died- had one to many strange jarring moments with facebook telling me to catch up with him.

#3 musicmomma

musicmomma
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,970 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 02:26 AM

i still have a dear friend in my friends list. he passed last year this time. he is also still in my phone. after 20 years of being an almost daily thing i'm not ready to delete it. :undecided:

#4 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 73,790 posts
  • LocationRockland and Long Island, NY

Posted 15 February 2011 - 05:52 AM

:heart: I kind of like seeing them. I stop by their pages, when they do come up, see what people are posting. I don't post as often as I stop by, but I kind of like still being able to check out their online legacies. I can understand how death can be upsetting, sometimes, though.

#5 Lemireacle

Lemireacle
  • VibeTribe
  • 27,582 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 11:14 PM

:heart: I kind of like seeing them. I stop by their pages, when they do come up, see what people are posting. I don't post as often as I stop by, but I kind of like still being able to check out their online legacies. I can understand how death can be upsetting, sometimes, though.

I'm with b. on this one. I check out Julia's page here and there. I am not ready to let that one go yet. :heart:

#6 little frog

little frog
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 02:38 PM

i like this too .. i don't think they're really gone. if they come up maybe they're trying to tell you they're thinking about you :heart:

#7 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,867 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 03:40 PM

My friend Paul passed away in July 09 and many friends and family still post on his FB page. His daughters post pictures and leave messages there all the time. It's nice to see that he is thought of all the time and that folks find comfort going to his page :heart:

#8 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,374 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 03:45 PM

When my friends dad passed away, he created a profile for him and would post pictures and write him notes there. I think it helped him cope. Whatever gets people through the storm I say. :heart:

#9 Misha

Misha

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 03:15 PM

Thanks everyone:heart:

#10 donna4128

donna4128
  • VibeTribe
  • 543 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 12:42 AM

:heart::heart::heart:thanks for creating this section of the board, it is needed to help us remember so many we have lost, and unfortunately will be needed to help us through again. life is short, love eachother.:heart::heart::heart:

#11 scarfire

scarfire
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,398 posts
  • Locationmatzah pizza

Posted 23 April 2011 - 12:30 PM

interesting thread misha.

my father died in 2006. his voice is still on the answering machine at my mother's home. some people think this is odd. i don't. it's nice to hear his voice pick up the phone occasionally.

#12 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,693 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 12:20 PM

I have voicemails on my phone from my Father from a few weeks before he passed away last year. I am never deleting them. :heart: