• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Depends

Depends
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,040 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:47 PM

At least in Massachusetts.

(only it is republicans who are fraudulent - alledgedly)

http://bostonglobe.c...pZ5M/story.html

Secretary of State William F. Galvin announced Wednesday that he will directly supervise the upcoming primary election in the town of East Longmeadow, stripping oversight from the town clerk amid allegations that one of his employees may have participated in a scheme to carry out widespread voter fraud on behalf of a Republican legislative candidate.
The Hampden district attorney’s office is investigating allegations that Republican Enrico John Villamaino III attempted to carry out a scheme that involved changing the party affiliation of hundreds of residents and then ­illegally casting absentee ballots on their behalf in the Sept. 6 primary, according to a previous Globe report.
Town Clerk Thomas Florence has already placed one employee on administrative leave pending the investigation’s outcome, accord­ing to town officials.
“This was a rather brazen ­effort of a group to try to steal hundreds of votes,” said Galvin, who will have employees from his office overseeing all East Longmeadow voting in the primary.
“The objective here is to make sure the election goes forward, that voters have the ability to cast the ballot of their choice, and to ensure the integrity of the primary election,” he said.

‘It’s completely unheard of. Who could have possibly thought they could pull this off?’

Posted Image
State officials were tipped off to the potential voter fraud when hundreds of residents of the Springfield suburb suddenly changed party registration from Democrat to independent, allowing them to vote in the ­Republican primary.
A friend of Villamaino’s who works in the East Longmeadow town clerk’s office is suspected of having changed the registrations in the office computers ­after work hours, according to people familiar with the investigation.
Villamaino, an East Longmeadow selectman and an ­employee of the MBTA in ­Boston, could not be reached for comment.
“We are taking this investigation very seriously,” said ­District Attorney Mark G. ­Mastroianni, who confirmed that his office is looking into the allegations, which could lead to jail time for anyone involved. Violations of state voting laws carry potential penalties of up to five years in prison and a $10,000 fine.
By seizing control of the town’s election process, a process similar to that which took place after the City of Boston ran out of ballots in 2006, ­Galvin’s office will directly super­vise all voting.
As rumors of Villamaino’s involvement in alleged voter fraud swirl through the town, it remains to be seen what impact the allegations will have at the ballot box.
Villamaino, who goes by the nickname Jack, faces a GOP primary rematch with Marie ­Angelides, who narrowly beat him in 2010 before losing in the general election to Democrat Brian M. Ashe, now the incumbent.
A spokesman for Angelides campaign said they will be keeping a close eye on absentee ballots in the race and welcome Galvin’s involvement.
“We’re planning on challenging any ballot that comes in that was on this list,” said Bob Howarth, an Angelides campaign spokesman and a retired judge.
Angelides’s campaign ­detected the possible fraud ­after contacting registered ­Republicans who had requested absentee ballots. When many voters told campaign workers that they had not ­requested absentee ballots, the campaign contacted Galvin’s ­office, Howarth said.
“It’s completely unheard of,” Howarth said. “Who could have possibly thought they could pull this off?”
Howarth said the potential fraud had already been reported to Galvin by Florence. On Aug. 3, Galvin formally launched an investigation into the allegations.
Florence, who has been out of the office, did not return ­requests for comment.
Even as Galvin takes over, ­officials in the 15,000-resident town remain baffled by the voter fraud scandal.
“This is a cancer that we have to have removed,” said Jim Driscoll, 45, a lifelong resident and town selectman.
“This whole situation was a shock to me,” added Paul ­Federici, 56, who also serves as an East Longmeadow selectman.
“It’s a black eye for the whole town.

#2 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,623 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:16 PM

No doubt it's real as is voter registration fraud. But I think it's foolish to believe it's only being done by Republicans

http://www2.starexpo...r-r-ar-2084757/

http://www.foxnews.c...s#ixzz1zzMyZdeV

http://www2.timesdis...aud-ar-1859666/

#3 moed_over

moed_over

He saw the spinning lights he knew it was a sign....

• VibeTribe
  • 2,169 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 04:23 PM

Actual voter fraud accounts for a minuscule percentage of voting. The Florida thing is a poorly disguised attempt to eliminate voters that the Republicans don't like....

#4 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,623 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:31 PM

Do you mean Florida's attempts at removing ineligible voters?

I have no problem with anyone taking action to prevent those who are ineligible to vote, be they Dems or Reps, from doing so

#5 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,623 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:18 PM

#6 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:07 PM

we don't need stricter gun laws because the ones we have are already good enough, but we do need stricter voter ID requirements... I see.

#7 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,623 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:38 PM

Breaking: GOP Contractor Arrested For Throwing Voter Registrations In Dumpster

A GOP voter registration contractor has just been arrested in Harrisonburg, Virginia after a local resident reported to police he had seen someone throwing a “bag of trash” in his dumpster and speeding away on Monday. The bag contained filled out and completed voter registration application forms. Colin Small (image, right), the man whom police arrested, is charged with eight felonies and five misdemeanors.

More
http://thenewcivilri...012/10/18/51559

#8 Jam Fan

Jam Fan
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:44 PM

Breaking: GOP Contractor Arrested For Throwing Voter Registrations In Dumpster

A GOP voter registration contractor has just been arrested in Harrisonburg, Virginia after a local resident reported to police he had seen someone throwing a “bag of trash” in his dumpster and speeding away on Monday. The bag contained filled out and completed voter registration application forms. Colin Small (image, right), the man whom police arrested, is charged with eight felonies and five misdemeanors.

More
http://thenewcivilri...012/10/18/51559

What will happen when some of those new voters go to the polls?

#9 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,623 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:00 PM

Did Obama supporter vote 6 times in 2012? Ohio poll worker target of investigation

The Obama/Biden lawn sign remains proudly planted in front of Melowese Richardson's Cincinnati home, three months after the presidential election.

It seems that President Obama has an especially ardent supporter in the veteran Ohio poll worker.

Richardson told a local television station this month that she voted twice last November. She cast an absentee ballot and then voted at the polls as well.

"Yes, I voted twice," Richardson told WCPO-TV. "I, after registering thousands of people, certainly wanted my vote to count, so I voted. I voted at the polls."

Authorities also are investigating if she voted in the names of four other people, too, for a total of six votes in the 2012 presidential election.

"I'll fight it for Mr. Obama and for Mr. Obama's right to sit as president of the United States," Richardson vowed when asked about the voter fraud investigation that is now under way.

Video and more
 http://www.foxnews.c.../#ixzz2M6zSnhP2

#10 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,734 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:04 PM

But but but....only republicans cheat! The evil republicans!

This is just a poor attempt to hide that evil republicans cheat by claiming people cheated for Obama!

#11 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,623 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:15 PM

The sad part is that it doesn't appear she believes she did anything wrong and she's been a poll worker for over 20 years  :bang:

#12 Feck

Feck
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,761 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:53 PM

vote early, vote often :)