23 replies to this topic

#1 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,393 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:57 PM

hello boardizens,

i've been a busy :gop: lately and haven't much posted except for checking in on some favored threads, but i wanted to let you NE type folks know that i'll be in your neck of the woods this Saturday, August 18.

the event is WIMBASH 2012, an annual fundraiser/party for Sully's Pub and Lena's Pizza, hosted by none other than Doug Wimbish of rock legends Living Colour. this year's event features 4 bands, multiple workshops and sets by Vernon Reid, Doug Wimbish and Will Calhoun of Living Colour (which means Corey Glover will probably show up for a full reunion show). Lauryn Hill is also going to make a guest appearance, and i'm extremely lucky to be a part of the show.

i'm performing with The Dynamics, whose lead guitarist David Koltai happens to be the president of one of my sponsors, Pigtronix EFX. his regular bassist, Dave Burnett (Notorious B.I.G./Jennifer Lopez) has been called last minute to play with James Taylor, and i'm subbing for him for this show. we're playing a half-hour set at 3PM, outdoors (inside if weather prohibits the outdoor performance), so if anyone is looking for something fun to do in the central CT region this weekend...well, i suggest this! great bands, great people, and a fun day of music for a good cause.

hope to see some of you there!

- GoP

here's the details:

Date: Saturday, August 18, 2012
Location: Sully’s Pub 2071 Park Street, Hartford, CT 06106 860.231.8881 http://www.sullyspub.com/
Time: 2 pm to 2 am
Cost: $10.00 pp

WimBash Hartford 2012 Performers

Doug Wimbish
School of Rock House Band
Vernon Reid
Will Calhoun
Head Fake
Jungle Funk
Vinx
Keith LeBlanc
DJ Rampage Global
Tara Harrison
James "Biscuit" Rouse
Adam Falcon
Martha Redbone
DJ Markie Gee
GrindCity Philly
Phantasm
JJX
Jaeme Starchild
The Jean Marx Express
Mashariki Ramey
Thaddeus Black
Persia Sound
The Dynamics feat: Dave Burnett (Notorious B.I.G./ Jennifer Lopez) on bass
Against The Girl feat: Doug Wimbish
Evan Wimbish

#2 williscat2000

williscat2000
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,480 posts
  • LocationNorthern NJ

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:27 PM

nice bill! real music!

#3 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 24,661 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:57 PM

:clapping:

#4 Depends

Depends
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,819 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:29 PM

lolhartford

best of luck w/ the gig

#5 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,393 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:15 AM

Little known fact: I can rock out when circumstances permit :Phishfolk:

#6 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,393 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:45 PM

i'm bumping this to the top so the day crew gets a fair read on it. then i'm letting it sink as it may :lol:

no matter what, this is sure to be a fun, fun day.

#7 Feesh

Feesh
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,592 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:47 PM

Sweet gig, GoP!

#8 KrisNYG

KrisNYG
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,262 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:16 PM

Really?! I LOVE Sully's! Hmmmmm

#9 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,393 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:18 PM

thanks, Feesh. my road crew is making the trip. i :heart: my roadies, always fun to bring them along. lightens my workload, y'know?

Posted Image

#10 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,393 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:19 PM

Really?! I LOVE Sully's! Hmmmmm

i've never been! in fact, this is my first visit to Hartford, with the exception of a Denny's stop on the way home from a gig at Mill St. Brews in MA many moons ago.

#11 KrisNYG

KrisNYG
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,262 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:25 PM

:lol: What time do you guys go on? I have a couple lobsters to devour out here at the Lobster Fest. Would be great to see you GoP!!! :D :nyancat:

#12 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,393 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:40 PM

:lol: What time do you guys go on? I have a couple lobsters to devour out here at the Lobster Fest. Would be great to see you GoP!!! :D :nyancat:

our set is mid-afternoon, 3:00-3:30pm on the ourdoor stage. if we're having fun, we'll stay for a few hours after the fact (i'll have both my son and GF with me, so it's somewhat up to them as to when we leave). if the boy's getting bored, we'll probably head back to B'port and catch the Bluefish game before hopping the last ferry home to Lawn Guyland at 10pm. i've also always wanted to try apizza, and i'm thinking a stop in New Haven may be in order on the ride home. so many things to do on a day trip to my mother's state of birth!

#13 KrisNYG

KrisNYG
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,262 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:49 PM

Bah! Don't think this will work for me time wise. BOO!!!

#14 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,045 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 06:01 PM

I'd love to come see you at Sully's. :smile:
Figures you'd come to lolhartford when I'm in Wisconsin. :spank:

#15 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,393 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 18 August 2012 - 06:27 PM

:lol:

Ilya and I just met Doug Wimbish...he has no clue how great that is.

#16 insolent cur

insolent cur

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 578 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:13 PM

i hope you are having a great gig! :Phishfolk:
i wish i didn't live 5 hours away.

#17 FYC (Find Your Cloud)

FYC (Find Your Cloud)
  • VibeTribe
  • 747 posts
  • LocationIn the clouds

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:20 PM

You doing apizza in new haven?

#18 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,393 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:12 PM

Thanx Cur, we nailed our set, and I had a nice discussion with the man of the hour, who was digging on my sound. :blush:

FYC - I called Brody a.k.a. Kawak for an apizza recommendation, and am typing from Zuppardi's in West Haven. :Phishfolk:

#19 insolent cur

insolent cur

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 578 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:36 PM

thanks, Feesh. my road crew is making the trip. i :heart: my roadies, always fun to bring them along. lightens my workload, y'know?

Posted Image

good to see you getting some labor out of the boy. not a bad deal for the promise of continuing to be fed. :funny1:

so your set went well? did living colour play? what's the capital of south dakota?

is that a store-bought bass?

#20 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,393 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:45 AM

good to see you getting some labor out of the boy. not a bad deal for the promise of continuing to be fed. :funny1:

so your set went well? did living colour play? what's the capital of south dakota?

is that a store-bought bass?

Our set was rockin', Living Colour takes the stage now, we're already home, Pierre, and yes.

Met Vernon Reid, spoke in depth with Doug Wimbish. He gave me some sweet compliments about my playing and sound and I thanked him for having us. Honestly it couldn't have gone much better, and though I didn't catch their set, it was a great honor to be a part of the Living Colour family today and for such a good cause. My son had a blast, I did my sponsors proud, thoroughly enjoyed my first taste of apizza, and am heading to bed satisfied with a memorable day in the books. I'll not forget this one soon.

:gop:

#21 tiedyesky

tiedyesky
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,398 posts
  • Locationjust outside the box

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:47 AM

Glad you had a great night and a great show! Hopefully I'll catch you one of these days :)

#22 insolent cur

insolent cur

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 578 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:17 PM

Our set was rockin', Living Colour takes the stage now, we're already home, Pierre, and yes. Met Vernon Reid, spoke in depth with Doug Wimbish. He gave me some sweet compliments about my playing and sound and I thanked him for having us. Honestly it couldn't have gone much better, and though I didn't catch their set, it was a great honor to be a part of the Living Colour family today and for such a good cause. My son had a blast, I did my sponsors proud, thoroughly enjoyed my first taste of apizza, and am heading to bed satisfied with a memorable day in the books. I'll not forget this one soon. :gop:

sounds like an excellent day! pierre is correct! :gop:

#23 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,393 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 19 August 2012 - 04:11 PM

as promised, pictures of the day:

Ilya digs Doug Wimbish's rig...more pedals than even i have! :lol:

Posted Image

Ilya hams it up between me and Doug following our set.

Posted Image

apizza from Zuppardi's....half plain/half mozzarella. manga!

Posted Image

finally, my roadie waits for our ride home.

Posted Image

#24 Lemireacle

Lemireacle
  • VibeTribe
  • 28,927 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:52 PM

Nice! I hit Wimbash a few years ago with Peter Prince and Earthdriver. It was a really great time, and an incredible day of music. Doug was a fabulous host and he and Will were sitting in with everybody!

Glad you gad a great gig! :thumbup: