• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Occifer Boland

Occifer Boland
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,650 posts
  • LocationHazlet, NJ

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:14 PM

Hey everyboardie... although i have posted a select few times since vibes, i have decided to take some time and let it all soak in. I apologize for my absence in some of the funnier posts and vibes recaps.. Words cannot express the emotions and feelings that have been occuring within me since i set up camp 3 weeks ago.. i , purposely, did not say goodbye to anyone... as i was driving out, i saw the folks down the line in velcro./ luckydawgs... i had to turn my head and keep driving.. I had a pile of mess to get home too, as my downstairs tv room / kids play area was flooded out by some of the rain that occurred before and after i left for vibes.. There were so many great people i finally got to meet... so many awesome hangouts, laughs.. i wish i could do it all again right now.. but it's looking like i will have to wait until next summer.... or a few mid winter meet ups.. Spidergawd and Jpotts... i hope to do a reprise of our vocal jam.. and make it a nightly event for each night of Vibes 2013!! Everyone at Velcro, Lucky Dawgz, Space Camp, etc... i am honored to have met or know you folks.. This Vibes was very important to me on so many levels.. and my expectations were exceeded.. i read so many posts and threads about what could be done to make things better for next vibes... My only complaint was falling asleep too early on saturday night... But, i applaud myself for being an animal the previous nights and not going to sleep until it was light out.. that's rare for the occifer.. The rain on the friday may have been my fault... but it didn't bring me down.. I was able to see tons of great music.. The VIP tent was INCREDIBLE!!! i was a little taken back by the beers being 5 dollars.. but i didn't need to drink too many at the tent.. HUGE HIGHLIGHT was the KIND BUDS in the VIP tent.. such an incredible performance!!! To my Camp Dirty Cobb brothes, Mayfly and squankind... i love you guys.. we never went hungry and went home with enough food to feed an army.. next year i hope to have us a little closer to velcro.. but not too close, lol. i am not going to list all of the boardies and people i met.. cause i don't want to leave anyone out.. but i thank you for taking the time out to talk to and accept me.. until 2013.. peace out kids... and Go Fuck Your Couch!!

#2 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,553 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:18 PM

:bouncey:

#3 elder

elder
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,513 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:48 PM

You exceeded my expectations yourself occifer, and they were high to begin with.

#4 Eco

Eco
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationFoxboro MA

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:59 PM

Nice seeing you there! I thought they banned you for 4 weeks because of the forecast, nice they let you out early.

#5 Erinisme

Erinisme
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,416 posts
  • LocationJersey Fresh

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:06 PM

it was so great to see you! I think the last fest I saw you at was phanfest ilcc years ago

I'm still recovering from Vibes :funny1: trying to finish putting camping gear away and dealing with all the things I ignored while I was traveling

#6 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,703 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:16 PM

Was great to meet you Boland. Don't be a stranger. :smile:

#7 mountain mama

mountain mama
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,728 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:26 PM

:) such an awesome dirty cobb delivery service ya got there! you're great fun, occifer!!

#8 williscat2000

williscat2000
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,448 posts
  • LocationNorthern NJ

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:37 PM

nicely said :angel:

#9 KrisNYG

KrisNYG
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,094 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:09 AM

Great meeting you Boland. You are officially forgiven on the forecast. :lol:

I knew this Vibes would be super duper as we lost the title last year with the heat, but I never thought we'd bring it like we did. Glad you were a part of it. Reentry into normalcy has proven difficult, I for one hope to not fully recover. :thup:

:v:

#10 Julius

Julius
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,146 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:20 AM

I'm sorry but I just can't forgive you for not bringing the inflatable ring-around duckie flotation device. I had to stay in during the rain!

#11 KrisNYG

KrisNYG
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,094 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:45 AM

:rotf: Forgot about the duckie pfd!

#12 Depends

Depends
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,972 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:07 AM

good meeting you occifer

#13 Occifer Boland

Occifer Boland
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,650 posts
  • LocationHazlet, NJ

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:42 AM

Damnit Julius.... Had to bring up duckie!!! I am going to deflate it now.. Pack it in "vibes only" bag.. And it will surface next year... In duckie's defense .. He would gave been super jealous of the DHJ

#14 Occifer Boland

Occifer Boland
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,650 posts
  • LocationHazlet, NJ

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:45 AM

Mountain mama...sorry I didn't hang more .. You had an awesome spot !!! Great crew, too

#15 Spidergawd

Spidergawd
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,701 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:54 AM

I came in to call you a pansy, but your post made me smile so imma give ya a pass. :funny1:

Really looking forward to hanging with you again.

Pansy. :lol:

#16 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,999 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:00 AM

You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar, me thinks...

Great to meet you! I look forward to hanging out again soon :)

#17 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,656 posts
  • LocationAbove The Waves

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:16 AM

Glad you had such a great time Occifer. Wish we got more time then a hello. That's what next summer is for :pimp:

#18 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,736 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:49 PM

Nice to meet you, Occifer. :smile:

Next time leave your BPD friends at home, lolnarcboy.

#19 Depends

Depends
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,972 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:04 PM

You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar, me thinks...

prolly not a weather scholar...

just kiddin' The Occifer is a great guy....

#20 fin_fang_foom

fin_fang_foom
  • VibeTribe
  • 533 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:44 PM

Spidergawd and Jpotts... i hope to do a reprise of our vocal jam.. and make it a nightly event for each night of Vibes 2013!!

dude... out of the 10 Vibes I attended, I consider that night one of my top five. I still giggle about calling Spidergawd in his tent and asking him why he Yoko'd the band by going to bed. That being said, I totally understand how you feel about the Vibes... Every year it's such a build up for me, and then I miss it so much when it is done, that I end up hanging around the boards just to get a taste.

It was great meeting you .... pansy

#21 BHB

BHB
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,903 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:51 PM

glad i got to say hi for a bit... although i swore i met you around 2002 /03 when I started hanging out with Creekie and Cowboy Dan.

ya in the past I was a big fan of waking up and just hopping in the car and leaving. didn't feel the need for the lengthy goodbye process.... feels like you leave it on more of a high and will see y'all at the next one.

for some reason that seems to piss people off though, so I made a concerted effort to say my goodbyes this year :lol:

#22 Occifer Boland

Occifer Boland
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,650 posts
  • LocationHazlet, NJ

Posted 09 August 2012 - 05:23 PM

BHB, we did meet back in 2002

#23 Jambear

Jambear
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,964 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:07 PM

Great to hang out in person and catch so much good music.

Cant wait to see you next year and do it all again. :jam:

#24 laylalime

laylalime
  • VibeTribe
  • 189 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:48 PM

Occifer Boland-- It was an absolute pleasure to meet you and hang with you! Tom and I truly enjoyed having "the narc" around! Hope to see you next year too!

#25 Raynequeen

Raynequeen
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:13 PM

it was great seeing you my camp somethinorother pre-vibes 02 brother. :) was so fun to hang out a couple times, here and there and remember the good times and look forward the next ones :)

#26 mayfly

mayfly
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:02 PM

welcome home brother - you have obviously been missed up in these parts ! It was great camping with ya again, brings back those Phanphest and Stonehenge memories LOL

Looking forward to doing it ALL again next year, until then Go FUCK Your Couch !

#27 ashleyoverdrive

ashleyoverdrive
  • VibeTribe
  • 439 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:46 AM

Thanks for giving me lunch and helping me navigate the monstrosity that was VIP camping! You are def the reason behind my signature quote haha
Also, threw on this shirt the other day while running errands, thought you might appreciate it
Posted Image

#28 Occifer Boland

Occifer Boland
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,650 posts
  • LocationHazlet, NJ

Posted 11 August 2012 - 01:32 PM

very cool meeting you ashley.. i totally dig the shirt!!! hope you make it back next year! i'll bring extra duct tape