• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#1 sums

sums

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 10,360 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 04:36 PM

when he moved into where he lives now, there was a sickly, scrawny orange cat living under the house. he fed it, took it in for shots and basically nursed him back to health. he has always been an outside cat and was happy living on the front porch, under the house and in the makeshift "cat house" (cardboard box) makai set up for him this winter.

now carlos has learned how to get into the back yard. the back yard is where makai and his girlfriend let their dogs out and two of the dogs love to eat the cat poop. ew. i guess their dachsund, bella, got really sick yesterday.

makai loves carlos and wants to keep him but they don't know how to resolve this issue and their dogs (all three expensive small dogs) definitely come 1st.

so.... forest and i agreed that we are ok. just waiting on the husband :coffee:

we all agreed it has to be unanimous. we all know carlos, he is a very cool cat. and he is orange :)

#2 sums

sums

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 10,360 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 04:39 PM

Posted Image

here is an early picture of him kissing bella. (i wouldn't kiss her now, buddy! she eats your poop!) :funny1:

#3 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,339 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 04:42 PM

My dog used to eat the cat snacks too.

GROSS!

Even after he was full grown (around 3 yr) he would SNEAK eating them. He learned about the litter on his lips deal. When i would catch him, he would be sooo humbled. :lol:

#4 sums

sums

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 10,360 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 05:08 PM

ew! :lol:

#5 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,339 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 05:15 PM

Basically, he loved those snacks. I could not break him from eating them. He just got sneaky about it.

#6 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,476 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 26 January 2011 - 05:16 PM

I am IASW and I approve your orange kitteh.

#7 sums

sums

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 10,360 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 06:14 PM

Basically, he loved those snacks. I could not break him from eating them. He just got sneaky about it.

i hope he wasn't a kisser :lol: ew :crook:

#8 sums

sums

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 10,360 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 06:15 PM

I am IASW and I approve your orange kitteh.

i wonder if i got enough boardie approval if that would circumvent the "unanimous" household decision :coffee:

#9 musicmomma

musicmomma
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,969 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 06:38 PM

:clapping: thats great sums i hope it works out for you. as for dogs eating cat poop, i put a gate in front of delilahs box so the dog wasn't able to get in. we also laughed our asses off at how boogs would cry for her poop. :rotf:

#10 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,339 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 06:40 PM

i hope he wasn't a kisser :lol: ew :crook:

He was. Ewww! :lmao:
Of course, dogs are gross like that anyway. They will sit in front of you lick their "parts" and then come over and try and get lovey...nasty suckers!

#11 sums

sums

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 10,360 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 06:59 PM

now i'm thinking about all the times i've gone over to makai's and let his little dogs stick their tongues up my nose :shocked:

#12 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,667 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 08:32 PM

Aww, he's cute! :D

#13 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 21,955 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 08:34 PM

You were planning on a per water fountain for four. :rose:

#14 sums

sums

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 10,360 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 09:10 PM

:lol: true!

in hopeful news: when i just told lawrence i was shopping on line for the water fountain and i was going to get the 108oz size he said, "that's good because we are going to be using it for 3, maybe 4 cats." :)

#15 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,423 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 12:59 PM

nice! :jam: orange cat stamp of approval! http://lh4.googleuse...BQAGRqWqUKELNza

#16 vinandtonic

vinandtonic
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,667 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 04:37 PM

i approve you getting another orange kitteh :)

#17 sums

sums

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 10,360 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 07:15 PM

so i asked lawrence again this morning. he didn't say "yes" but he also didn't say "no". he said a lot of other things that were all valid (this will be the 3rd animal we've inherited from makai that he couldn't take care of, etc. all stuff that really had nothing to do with carlos).

i told him that i heard him and all his points were valid but i'm going there tomorrow to visit so i just need to know if i should bring the cat carrier :)

background: lawrence is even more of a softy than i am when it comes to cats ;)

#18 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 21,955 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 12:13 AM

Who would have ever guessed? :funny1:

#19 sums

sums

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 10,360 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 12:56 AM

renee, you got exposed to lawrence's very soft side at a very vulnerable moment ;) :heart:

#20 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,476 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 28 January 2011 - 01:22 AM

I can not relate to being a sucker for cats.

#21 sums

sums

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 10,360 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 06:43 AM

so the spare room is set up with a litter box, water & food bowls. we are going to try the slow intros and hope everything goes smoothly over the next few days :)

#22 sums

sums

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 10,360 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 06:43 AM

(i'm gonna go get him tomorrow) :dance:

#23 Drop_o_Rain

Drop_o_Rain

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 12:23 PM

:heart: I am sorry that I come late to a lot of threads..
but it sure is fun to watch the progression in fast forward.

#24 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,423 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 01:18 PM

well keep us posted here, too! :lol: this is pretty exciting! :D

#25 sums

sums

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 10,360 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 12:02 AM

carlos is safe and sound in his new home :) he didn't really much like the ride. forest went with me and drove so i could keep a hand in the carrier the ride back. he's got a couple of small wounds that he just got that need to be attended to. nothing bad. i think he's going to like his urban life here a little better than the wild life he had ;)

:heart:

i'll take some photos when he comes out from under the bed.

#26 sums

sums

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 10,360 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 12:30 AM

Posted Image

#27 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 21,955 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 12:38 AM

Greetings Carlos :rose:

#28 sums

sums

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 10,360 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 12:42 AM

he just peed and pooped in the box like he's been doing it his whole life! :jamguy: (a little off with his aim in the poo hole he dug, but he'll get it ;) )

#29 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 21,955 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 12:54 AM

:funny1: The first litter box usage is such a proud moment.

#30 sums

sums

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 10,360 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 02:06 AM

:lol: i was so proud of him! tonight he got his first taste of the kitty enzymes that will help cut down the stink. wow. :shocked:

#31 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 21,955 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 03:24 AM

:eek:

#32 sums

sums

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 10,360 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 06:27 PM

carlos was very happy to see me this morning :)

floyd is definitely the most curious. they sniffed each other through a crack in the door this morning. carlos stuck his paw out and there was minimal hissing. i think the hissing was kind of obligatory. it was a poor effort at trying to act perturbed on both of their parts :lol:

#33 sums

sums

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 10,360 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 04:18 PM

after much "sniffing through a crack in the door" yesterday, i let floyd in with carlos this morning. right now they are very tentatively attempting to play with each other. it's really sweet :)

luna and tiger still aren't even curious as to what is going on in here...

#34 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,423 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 02:02 AM

mine never hit the hole they dig either. :funny1: glad things are going well and that Carlos has a friend already. :) :heart:

#35 Drop_o_Rain

Drop_o_Rain

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 10:48 AM

He is so handsome

#36 sums

sums

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 10,360 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 06:13 PM

he is :) his eyes remind me of red's :heart: except they are more the color of tiger's. he is extremely sweet and very smart too.

#37 vinandtonic

vinandtonic
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,667 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 11:06 PM

he is very handsome! glad he's settling in okay :)

#38 sums

sums

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 10,360 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 02:31 PM

this afternoon we go to the vet. he really hated the ride home and cried the whole time. it will be challenging to get him back in that carrier! but he's a good boy. i'll just sneak it up on him :funny1:

#39 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,423 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 05:03 PM

good luck! they sure do grow very orange orange cats out there in oregon! :)

#40 sums

sums

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 10,360 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 03:08 AM

he's very healthy :) the nurse shaved his side where the two cuts are. they are just on the surface, thankfully, and he seems to be keeping them very clean so no antibiotics (yay!) or medication. he was SO GOOD!

#41 sums

sums

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 10,360 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 10:08 PM

i've had carlos for about a week now so today i thought he might like to check out the great outdoors. it's sunny out and floyd was hanging out on the back deck. i opened the door and propped it open with a shoe. carlos tentatively went out a few steps, sniffed the house, looked up an sniffed the air, turned around and sniffed the door, then came back in :lol:

he's probably had enough outdoors for awhile having lived exclusively outside for the past year at least.

#42 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,423 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 11:36 PM

how did he get the cuts? how's everyone doing?

#43 sums

sums

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 10,360 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 12:26 AM

no idea how he got the cuts. he could have gotten into a fight with one of the strays that lives around makai's land or he could have hurt himself on a fence, tree...? :dunno: i think one of the reasons makai wanted me to take him was because he was hurt. (besides the dogs eating his poop)

carlos & floyd are best friends. they lie together and lick each other and they also play/fight.

tiger is ok with him. he doesn't dislike him as much as he dislikes floyd. i have seen them touching noses. i have also seen them each hiss at each other but they have the potential to eventually like each other.

luna is her usual indifferent self.

carlos ventured out a little farther onto the deck and even ducked under it for a few minutes. he gladly came right back in though so he will not be a problem. like tiger was...

#44 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,339 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 12:36 AM

Sums, how about this????
:funny1:

#45 sums

sums

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 10,360 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 12:57 AM

:lol:

#46 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,843 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 07:01 PM

:clapping:

One of our cats just poops wherever she wants.... she's really old so we don't get upset with her.

#47 sums

sums

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 10,360 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 07:41 PM

carlos went outside again yesterday. he must've gotten out when one of the other cats pushed the back door open or he figured out how to do it himself. this time he went under the back deck. he was there for about 15 or 20 minutes and was so relieved when i opened the door and called him back in :lol:

luna and tiger have figured out how to pry the door open from the outside to get in. floyd still hasn't figured it out :funny1: i think carlos is pretty smart and should pick up on it right away. if he ever goes back out ;)

#48 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,423 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 12:33 PM

yay kitties! my dad actually designed his house with a cat door built into the foundation and originally the door would swing both directions but when neighborhood cats were found napping on the guest room bed, he rigged it so that it would only open outwards. Tigger figured out very quickly how to hook the little door and duck underneath it - they're very resourceful.

#49 sums

sums

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 10,360 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 01:20 AM

so the other night we saw a worm on his butt (when i lived in the country, my cats had worms frequently. here in town, never have seen one in 14+ years) so i had to get worm medicine for all of them. the pills are HUGE. way too big to even shove down their throats. so i ground them up fine an put the powder in their food. it doesn't smell at all (well to me anyway :lol: ) but not one of them will eat. little do they know that this meal is what the're eating and there is nothing else until it's gone. even if it takes a day or two!

:rolleyes:

#50 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,423 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 04:49 PM

you could sweeten it up with a little tuna water, if you happen to have a can of people tuna. :) i don't recommend feeding them the actual tuna though, although some people do so. Tigger had lifelong anal sac issues after i did so, once. :undecided: