• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mr Bo Berry

Mr Bo Berry
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,311 posts
  • LocationDerby CT

Posted 06 August 2012 - 12:40 AM

Who has some good recipes I can try? If you know of any inherint health benefits from the particular reipe I would appreciate that too. I was able to replicate the blood juice from the solar cafe.

#2 hippiechickme

hippiechickme
  • VibeTribe
  • 671 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:55 AM

What kind of juicer did you get? I have been looking to get one for a long time now but don't know what to look for really.

#3 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 12:42 PM

Carrot, beet, and ginger is one of my faves.

Celery will add a little salt to the juice without having to actually add salt.

Always juice the "driest" fruits/veggies first, and end with the juiciest. (ie: ginger -> carrot -> cucumber)

Happy juicing! :)

#4 electricblue

electricblue
  • VibeTribe
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:23 AM

I love carrot juice!!!!!!!! It has to have celery in it though. This is pretty simple and aftewards, I use the fiber part that is left over in the canister for topping my salad for lunch.

#5 Jersey Thug

Jersey Thug
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,229 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:58 PM

Steve, i was going to offer up the blood juice recipe, as that's my favorite (but you know this!) :)

beet juice benefits, via Dr. Oz: Beet juice's exercise-enhancing power likely comes from the nitrates in beets. This bears out in the study, where the participants were split into two groups – one drinking regular beet juice each day and the other drinking beet juice stripped of its nitrate content. And exercise became easier only for the juice-with-nitrates group. Compared with the no-nitrates group, the nitrates group needed about 12% less oxygen during the treadmill exercise test. The nitrate group was also able to run longer at fast speeds before reaching exhaustion.

Big Beet Benefits
Our bodies convert the nitrates in beet juice to nitrites helpful little compounds that help dilate blood vessels, increase blood flow, and help reduce the amount of oxygen muscles need to do work. So it's not surprising that the nitrates group in the study also experienced a dip in their blood pressure after drinking the juice regularly. Beets also contain quercetin and resveratrol two powerful antioxidants that may help protect against oxidative stress caused by exercise.