VIP 2012

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,234 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 11:57 PM

What a great Vibes this year, the VIP tent was fantastic as usual, the showers could strip the paint off a car and did, Tabbooma's name and address washed off a couple times :) Food was good, great snacks and loved the tent set up, lots of room, staff was real nice too. Thanks for the time, much appreciated. :bouncey:

#2 tyedyedee

tyedyedee

uniquely dee

• VibeTribe
  • 8,496 posts
  • Locationboston-ish

Posted 28 July 2012 - 12:57 AM

NO complaints! :clapping:

#3 Roasted and Toasted

Roasted and Toasted
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,215 posts
  • LocationUnder a tent

Posted 28 July 2012 - 12:59 AM

Enjoyed all the amenities very much.

#4 Eco

Eco
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,084 posts
  • LocationFoxboro MA

Posted 28 July 2012 - 01:14 AM

The showers had great water pressure but the men's showers were actually for women (explains the tampon machines which baffled me at first). So imagine great water pressure meant for short women on a guy as tall as me= removal of hair from testicles...and some mild pleasure.

The food....some asshole kept stealing all of the cheese! It would be there when I got my ticket but not when I went through the line and magically it appeared when I walked by on my way out. In revenge I took trays of cookies and grapes back to the couch area to feed me and those around me. I guess I'm the asshole who stole the grapes and cookies....cheese asshole step forward please. :bouncey:

VIP was worth every penny, but so there is not a larger demand=less space/higher prices...it sucks, don't do it. :rockon:

#5 djinn_n_juice

djinn_n_juice
  • VibeTribe
  • 457 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 01:39 AM

my first time as VIP, very much enjoyed it...entry alone was worth it, left our hotel in Stratford after 8:30, stopped for ice, got through check in and was set up just before 10 AM...showers and bathrooms were nice, tent was awesome, the trays of cheese they kept bringing were fantastic (j/k)...will definitely do VIP again next year

#6 SunshineDrummer

SunshineDrummer

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 12,109 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 01:56 AM

No complaints, we had a great time. Lots of good munchies in the tent (especially the milano cookies), the caterers did a great job with lunch, easy entry..the whole check-in/searching staff was really tight this year!

The whole VIP staff did an excellent job. Thanks for helping make my Vibes weekend so amazing. :) :heart:

And the cheese was fantastic!

#7 Julius

Julius
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,157 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 02:06 AM

Perfect! Except:

every time I wanted a snack all that was there were crackers. Like 6 bowls full of them.

And what was with the security guy with the bright light patrolling through the platform like some special forces commando?

#8 Eco

Eco
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,084 posts
  • LocationFoxboro MA

Posted 28 July 2012 - 02:18 AM

No more cheese comments! The only thing keeping me from switching to vegan is my love for cheese....I guess I ate vegan at Vibes?

#9 jimbo02816

jimbo02816
  • VibeTribe
  • 516 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 28 July 2012 - 11:50 AM

No complaints:::VIP was awesome....hope Vibes stays in Bridgeport

#10 liveyoursong

liveyoursong
  • VibeTribe
  • 640 posts
  • LocationChurchton, MD.

Posted 28 July 2012 - 12:25 PM

My VIP experience this year was fantastic! Many thanks to all the VIP staff, and the parking attendants were a little more giving this year as far as space is concerned. The tent was great as well. Hanging/meeting more Boardie friends only enhanced the whole experience!

#11 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,234 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 12:56 PM

Jingos dude, jingos ;) Yeah the security kid walking around on the platform was silly, Tabbooma says security can check the gate and stay off the platform next year. ;)

Perfect! Except:

every time I wanted a snack all that was there were crackers. Like 6 bowls full of them.

And what was with the security guy with the bright light patrolling through the platform like some special forces commando?

#12 Jambear

Jambear
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,811 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 05:13 PM

i never even saw a security dude on the platform. :lol:
Vip Rocked!!!!

Thanks to everyone involved.

#13 Occifer Boland

Occifer Boland
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,193 posts
  • LocationHazlet, NJ

Posted 28 July 2012 - 05:17 PM

Vip Rocked!!!!

probably cause you guys hogged the whole front corner and didn't have to worry about the rest of us 30 feet back.... just kidding.. fun hanging with y'all

#14 SunshineDrummer

SunshineDrummer

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 12,109 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 05:47 PM

I do recall there being issues last year with the platform being way overcrowded, and a good portion were folks who didn't belong up there, so I'm fine with someone patrolling. But perhaps a light with less power than the sun could have been an option.

#15 Jambear

Jambear
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,811 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 06:36 PM

Thats cause we have to strap Dee to the rail to prevent her from floating off. :lol:

Posted Image

also once i have stood in one spot for over 3 hours i usually expect to be able to return after taking a whizz.

#16 tyedyedee

tyedyedee

uniquely dee

• VibeTribe
  • 8,496 posts
  • Locationboston-ish

Posted 28 July 2012 - 07:15 PM

i cant help it if my string is hard to handle :devil:

#17 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,289 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 07:38 PM

Jingos dude, jingos ;) Yeah the security kid walking around on the platform was silly, Tabbooma says security can check the gate and stay off the platform next year. ;)

Actually security was there to grab a little kid who was trying to slip through the railings on the platform Sunday (probably right before you sat down behind us) I ended up planting my ass there to plug the hole.

If anyone running the show is reading this you may want to try to tighten those up next year so no children get hurt up there.

#18 Eco

Eco
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,084 posts
  • LocationFoxboro MA

Posted 28 July 2012 - 07:40 PM

Vip Rocked!!!!

Lol, I never once stepped foot on the platform.....couches were chill enough for me.

#19 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,760 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 02:50 AM

VIP was great! Loved the lunches on Sat and Sun and the snacks were well stocked all weekend :thup: It was one of my best VIP experiences!

#20 Jerry D

Jerry D
  • VibeTribe
  • 59 posts
  • LocationRonkonkoma,NY

Posted 29 July 2012 - 05:55 AM

Good time-only problem was that it went too fast. 4 days flew right by!

#21 Spidergawd

Spidergawd
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,198 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 01:54 PM

They've really got VIP figured out. It was exceptional this year.

My only teeny request is to bring back Magic Hat. :smile:

#22 mountain mama

mountain mama
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,141 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 02:06 PM

seemed not as crowded in VIP as last year, food was great, people were exceptionally friendly...

i agree with spidergawd, magic hat please!!

thursday night i got a liquid vibes, drank it and went to the stage for some dancing my face off, came back for another and a beer wench said they were out! i stood there perplexed and after an awkward silence said, well are you going to get more? she didn't answer so i walked away and got water... i only drank a couple beers from the tent all weekend.

Jerry D, you're right - it flew by so damn fast!!

grateful for the good times...thanks.

#23 tyedyedee

tyedyedee

uniquely dee

• VibeTribe
  • 8,496 posts
  • Locationboston-ish

Posted 29 July 2012 - 07:34 PM

perhaps a different procedure to get your poster and shirt...found that the system this year was rather, um...confusing? for both sides of the table, it seemed at times (probably our fault, more than theirs :funny1: :blush: )

#24 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,234 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 11:20 PM

Tabbooma loved the idea of a $30 credit for a purchase in the merch tent, gives you lots of options ;)

#25 tyedyedee

tyedyedee

uniquely dee

• VibeTribe
  • 8,496 posts
  • Locationboston-ish

Posted 30 July 2012 - 02:21 AM

Tabbooma loved the idea of a $30 credit for a purchase in the merch tent, gives you lots of options ;)

yes, absolutely :clapping:
to be clear, that DEF was not a problem :smile:
well, perhaps the problem was that once you were in line and waiting you decided on a different shirt 499 times before you actually got to the end, thus making the poor gal crazy :lol:
i swear i thought her head was gonna explode at one point :lol:

#26 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,234 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:45 AM

LOL... Oh Tabbooma hears you, he fell into the, 'Decisions, Decisions" he had to make. ;)

#27 Luvsdaizies

Luvsdaizies

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:49 PM

What if we gave you a brochure at checkin so you had time to mull it over before you went to merch?

#28 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:58 PM

The platform this year was AWESOME!

My one suggestion for next year - do away with the cafeteria style seating and bring back the round tables, please - those cafeteria table rows are just too difficult to manouver around, and a round table makes for better energy at the table for talking and meeting your new friends, etc...

Everything else = :thumbsup:

I was super-thankful for the option of making tea on Saturday night. I don't drink coffee and needed something hot. The tea sure hit the spot!

Once you go VIP, you never go back! :moose:

#29 SunshineDrummer

SunshineDrummer

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 12,109 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:57 PM

well, perhaps the problem was that once you were in line and waiting you decided on a different shirt 499 times before you actually got to the end, thus making the poor gal crazy :lol:

Do not get in line until you've decided. If I hadn't stepped back & made my choice, we would have had another exploding head at the merch table. :lol:

I loved the merch credit, I think its a great way to go. And there were so many choices!!! I'm really happy with the shirt I got, but the decision took a while. I was torn between 3 or 4 before I finally settled. Lots of great shirt designs this year! :clapping:

#30 tyedyedee

tyedyedee

uniquely dee

• VibeTribe
  • 8,496 posts
  • Locationboston-ish

Posted 30 July 2012 - 07:42 PM

What if we gave you a brochure at checkin so you had time to mull it over before you went to merch?

i think that is an excellent idea! you are wicked smart :wink:

#31 CTMuleman

CTMuleman
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:09 PM

Do you really want to print up a full color brochure of all the merch with pricing, etc?

If not, consider an info slip on the VIP merch indicating where to get it, the $30 credit and you'll receive your poster also at that time in a tube or flat depending on your preference. You could even include it with the other emailed VIP info sent earlier in the week.

We went Thursday afternoon to merch and the crowding was exasperated by many not knowing what they needed to do, etc to pick up their merch. It probably went smoother later in the weekend when there were less VIPer's picking up their merch.

#32 Spidergawd

Spidergawd
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,198 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:41 PM

Liked the $30 credit as well. :thumbup:

#33 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,256 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:33 AM

very much liked the $30 credit, didn't quite get the new procedure and i had to backtrack because by the time we got the bags we had missed some stuff. then there was more stuff at the very end i didn't see sooner, too. thanks to Krispy for helping me out with the pink vibes chair. :)

my bag # was 000 :funny1:

#34 Julius

Julius
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,157 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 04:15 AM

I love my new Vibes "wings" shirt! Anyone know who designed that one? I think it's AWESOME!

Can do without tie-dyes these days, unless they're made by Dee.

#35 tyedyedee

tyedyedee

uniquely dee

• VibeTribe
  • 8,496 posts
  • Locationboston-ish

Posted 31 July 2012 - 01:18 PM

aw! thanks! :blush:

i am for sure gonna get a crew together in the fall or spring to do another batch
but this time i wanna do flags and sheet sets and socks and stuff too :rose:

re: the vip procedure, i just kinda didnt get the whole bag thing? :dunno:
seemed to be more of a pain to the ladies trying to herd us vip cats :funny1: than a help or organizing tool...just an observation :smile:

that lady never got pissy or unpleasant no matter how many times folks changed their minds or otherwise mucked things us
she deserves a medal :clapping:
she smiled and danced and was helpful the whole time :ura1:

#36 kenbud

kenbud
  • VibeTribe
  • 243 posts
  • LocationDub V

Posted 31 July 2012 - 04:16 PM

my first time as VIP, very much enjoyed it...entry alone was worth it, left our hotel in Stratford after 8:30, stopped for ice, got through check in and was set up just before 10 AM...showers and bathrooms were nice, tent was awesome, the trays of cheese they kept bringing were fantastic (j/k)...will definitely do VIP again next year

were ya at the roadway?

Vip was good, but I think I got sick off the food, but then again it could have been anything :D. Good times.the end tables was hard to see stage so a slight move maybe. Staff was good, people was good, music was good, and the times were good.
If only I didn't have to drive through NYC....... ohhhh the traffic..... I'm a country boy, a traffic jam is like a 10-20 problem at best for me......... plus I borrowed my pappa's new truck (I drive a subie) so I was white knuckled driving it with some of them crazy fucks out there.

Maybe a little more space for camping in vip, but we made do. But just brought u closer to your neighbors.

#37 kenbud

kenbud
  • VibeTribe
  • 243 posts
  • LocationDub V

Posted 31 July 2012 - 04:19 PM

yes, absolutely :clapping:
to be clear, that DEF was not a problem :smile:

I just got in line and picked one when I got closer after a nice lil wait and some good BSing :D
I liked the idea, a few the shirts could have been a lil lower in price. I loved the choices tho!

#38 Eco

Eco
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,084 posts
  • LocationFoxboro MA

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:04 PM

Since I didn't get my stuff this year, can I get it next year or have it mailed to me? Or at least give my shirt to a homeless shelter?

#39 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,760 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:52 PM

The platform this year was AWESOME!

My one suggestion for next year - do away with the cafeteria style seating and bring back the round tables, please - those cafeteria table rows are just too difficult to manouver around, and a round table makes for better energy at the table for talking and meeting your new friends, etc...

This!

I much prefer the round tables!

#40 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,234 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:25 PM

Too crowded for the round tables, but the tent was bigger this year so maybe they would work better, last year it was a pain in the arse to get around. ;)

#41 djinn_n_juice

djinn_n_juice
  • VibeTribe
  • 457 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:19 AM

were ya at the roadway?

Vip was good, but I think I got sick off the food, but then again it could have been anything :D. Good times.the end tables was hard to see stage so a slight move maybe. Staff was good, people was good, music was good, and the times were good.
If only I didn't have to drive through NYC....... ohhhh the traffic..... I'm a country boy, a traffic jam is like a 10-20 problem at best for me......... plus I borrowed my pappa's new truck (I drive a subie) so I was white knuckled driving it with some of them crazy fucks out there.

Maybe a little more space for camping in vip, but we made do. But just brought u closer to your neighbors.

yep, we were at the rodeway...we had the blue convertible, don't know if you were the ones who got in right ahead of us from the hotel or not

#42 Occifer Boland

Occifer Boland
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,193 posts
  • LocationHazlet, NJ

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:13 PM

I agree that camping space was tight.. Not enough room for a comfortable chill zone.. No room for my tent, so slept in truck... The folks that showed up later Thursday and Friday seemed to get all the space they wanted.. But not much of a complaint since I was with and around great people

#43 djinn_n_juice

djinn_n_juice
  • VibeTribe
  • 457 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 03:07 PM

Space did seem a little less than we got in GA, then again GA space has been shrinking every year, so who knows

#44 djinn_n_juice

djinn_n_juice
  • VibeTribe
  • 457 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 03:08 PM

next year the wife and I are contemplating each coming in our own vehicle for more space

#45 kenbud

kenbud
  • VibeTribe
  • 243 posts
  • LocationDub V

Posted 02 August 2012 - 02:27 AM

yep, we were at the rodeway...we had the blue convertible, don't know if you were the ones who got in right ahead of us from the hotel or not

I didn't get there till late, I was the sliverish blushish big pickup from WV. I was the guy that had to keep getting shit out of the back of the truck for the women.... I remember seeing the convertible. Do you see the cops keep going over next door at the other restaurant? I was watching them all night, if it wasn't for that and rain, there might had been a pre vibes beach party. I wish the bar didn't close because of the rain.

#46 djinn_n_juice

djinn_n_juice
  • VibeTribe
  • 457 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:06 AM

We were beat anyway, believe it or not we were driving in the sun with the top down until about 45 minutes out of Stratford, we got a little cooked lol next year sun screen and hats and hopefully an open bar, would be a nice place for a little pre-party for sure

#47 GratefulSteve

GratefulSteve
  • VibeTribe
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:55 PM

VIP was great...lots of snacks...fruit, crackers, drinks, coffee, bagels, viewing area was good, bathroom clean and cold, meals were good except for taco/burito day....2nd year doing that...please think of something else..tacos and buritos at a festival?..risky business.

#48 GratefulSteve

GratefulSteve
  • VibeTribe
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:12 PM

After many years of festivals and concert tours, I finally figured out the most user-friendly way for me to do Vibes: Holiday Inn at Bridgeport, shuttles back and forth to site, VIP tickets. I am well rested, clean, well-fed, enjoy music more, brain does not get (as) fried. Holiday In is great and close. Breakfast waiting every morning....pool..restaurant...bar....great air conditioning. Park car in Holiday Inn garage and leave it there the whole weekend. Shuttles were very well organized this year. Love morning bands..Ryan Montbleau, Assembly of Dust....it used to be almost impossible for me to see morning bands due to late nights and very limited sleep when I was camping...Grew out of festival camping scene...get no sleep, hot, lots of work setting up camp and tearing down, and forget about rain!. and VIP showers...in gym?...not so luxurious.. Must be becoming an old fogy. One trick to Holiday Inn....need to reserve it approx 6-8 months in advance. Although last year I was able to get reservations 2 days in advance due to last minute cancellations. I am repeating plan for next year. Waiting for 2013 dates and will reserve Holiday Inn immediately. I know some folks think that you don't fully experience festival scene if you don't camp there, but I have done that numerous times and I personally can enjoy Vibes much better currently with my user-friendly approach.

#49 Occifer Boland

Occifer Boland
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,193 posts
  • LocationHazlet, NJ

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:18 PM

the occifer is in mental negotiations with himself about doing the Holiday Inn next year. I will still do VIP just for the other amenities... i just have to start my VIBES savings account, NOW.

#50 Sensei Miller

Sensei Miller
  • VibeTribe
  • 827 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:57 PM

Definitely worth the ticket!

My only question...why can't you leave the VIP tent with a drink? I understand that beer is a buck cheaper, but I doubt they're going to lose money on people going in to buy massive amounts of beer and sell it at a discount on the field. Perhaps limit it to leaving with ONE drink? That way there's no chugging at the gate in a hurry.

Otherwise it was great. I agree that the tables weren't all that conducive to a concert/festival vibe, but then again, it seemed like most people sitting there were doing so to get a moment of "peace." I know I needed to gather my thoughts once or twice. ;)

It kind of chapped my ass that I got there early and really wanted a space under this nice tree, only to be directed "down the line" and see someone get that prime spot about 4 hours later. I understand why that happens obviously, but just wanted to throw it out there anyway.

I'll definitely save my money for the "Good Life" again. You can't put a price on flushies and showers at day 3.