Hey Roseanne!

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1 Julius

Julius
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,263 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:47 PM

1. Your voice sounds like ten thousand crows are dying a horrific death in your throat!

2. You have NOTHING of consequence to say, so STFU!

3. "Fucking" is a great word, if used sparingly.

4. Yes, that was me using the foulest of language to get your lame ass off the stage and everyone around agreed with me.

5. President of what, exactly? The Rotting flesh club?

6. You are great! FOR ME TO POOP ON!!!!!!

7. Ugly does not begin to describe how you look.

#2 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,948 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:48 PM

8. You delayed the Pig Parade

#3 cassady

cassady

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 18,227 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:52 PM

need i say anything?

#4 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,628 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:52 PM

9. Ranting about known problems without any viable solution, does not a president make.

#5 tiedyesky

tiedyesky
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,395 posts
  • Locationjust outside the box

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:53 PM

10. You're a thief and I'm not sucking your D**K for any amount of jello shots :joker:

#6 Jwheelz

Jwheelz
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,858 posts
  • LocationNutmeg State

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:56 PM

I agree with everything stated thus far :thup:

#7 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,547 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:57 PM

dudes...and dudettes....SHES A FUCKIN COMEDIAN!!!

take yer heads out of yer arses and laugh a little huh?

#8 Again and Again

Again and Again
  • VibeTribe
  • 801 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:58 PM

Yup. I thought it was great fun.

#9 Jwheelz

Jwheelz
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,858 posts
  • LocationNutmeg State

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:00 PM

it's funny that she's a comedian because I didn't think anything she did was even remotely funny...

#10 Julius

Julius
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,263 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:00 PM

I'm sorry, I thought comedians were supposed to be funny. The only way she'd be funny is with my wet festival poop dripping down her face.

#11 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,628 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:01 PM

Oh, i thought it was great. I just wouldn't really vote for her. Like in a really real fashion.

#12 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,547 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:02 PM

I'm sorry, I thought comedians were supposed to be funny. The only way she'd be funny is with my wet festival poop dripping down her face.

says the man missing a pant leg all weekend :lol:

#13 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,547 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:03 PM

i dont know why...i never really took it seriously to begin with... although it brought a nice levity to the crowd

#14 Jwheelz

Jwheelz
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,858 posts
  • LocationNutmeg State

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:05 PM

briefly spoiling my good evening by making me want to rip someone's head off does not to me equal levity :lol:

Forget what she said, her voice alone was enough to make me want to stab her multiple times (and I'm not a violent person :lol:)

#15 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,547 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:07 PM

briefly spoiling my good evening by making me want to rip someone's head off does not to me equal levity :lol:

Forget what she said, her voice alone was enough to make me want to stab her multiple times (and I'm not a violent person :lol:)

:lol:

#16 TigerRose

TigerRose
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:08 PM

Yeah, hilarious.

Few people know exactly how it was *supposed* to go down that night and what wound up happening.

She was supposed to address the crowd from the GV stage just after the last act at around 6:30. She was to arrive on site at 6 but she didn't get there until 7. So, now she can't address the GV stage because it's shut down until 1 am and there's no one there to listen.

Ken and her huddle in Kens office after her late arrival and come up with an agreement for her to address the crowd from the main stage. There was to be no vulgarity and it was to be a short address. She was told about the festival and there would be families and kids among the crowd.

Then she went on stage and did her banshee ranting.

Ken was rather taken aback and was a bit surprised at the fact that she apparently went against any agreement he and Rosanne had made just prior.

We got pranked. Simple as that.

In the end, she either looked like a raving lunatic or viable candidate. You decide. I'm going with the raving lunatic, personally.

#17 KrisNYG

KrisNYG
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,119 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:08 PM

The WORST!!! I wanted to throw her in the fire with Skrillex. F-

#18 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,547 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:10 PM

yall were doing it wrong :lol:

#19 Danimal

Danimal
  • VibeTribe
  • 256 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:10 PM

I didn't think it was really her as I couldn't see the stage at the time she was up there, then she started talking. All my friends look at each other and say "Yep that really is Roseanne Barr"!

#20 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,107 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:13 PM

avoid Long Island at all costs young JW...avoid Long Island!!!

#21 B. Diddy

B. Diddy
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,812 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:14 PM

A better question is why was she there in the first place? Did they seek her out? Who booked Rosanne Barr for a music festival?

You wanna see a funny comedian, book Amy fucking Schumer.

Late nite. She'll cuss. And worse.

#22 Spidergawd

Spidergawd
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,701 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:15 PM

Yeah, hilarious.

Few people know exactly how it was *supposed* to go down that night and what wound up happening.

She was supposed to address the crowd from the GV stage just after the last act at around 6:30. She was to arrive on site at 6 but she didn't get there until 7. So, now she can't address the GV stage because it's shut down until 1 am and there's no one there to listen.

Ken and her huddle in Kens office after her late arrival and come up with an agreement for her to address the crowd from the main stage. There was to be no vulgarity and it was to be a short address. She was told about the festival and there would be families and kids among the crowd.

Then she went on stage and did her banshee ranting.

Ken was rather taken aback and was a bit surprised at the fact that she apparently went against any agreement he and Rosanne had made just prior.

We got pranked. Simple as that.

In the end, she either looked like a raving lunatic or viable candidate. You decide. I'm going with the raving lunatic, personally.

Now I dislike her even more.

#23 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,547 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:15 PM

A better question is why was she there in the first place? Did they seek her out? Who booked Rosanne Barr for a music festival?

You wanna see a funny comedian, book Amy fucking Schumer.

Late nite. She'll cuss. And worse.

now that is an interesting question

#24 BHB

BHB
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,903 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:17 PM

I wished she had elaborated more on the hippies from the 60's being right about everything.

I'm not knocking it... I actually would have found it interesting had she cited specific stuff.

But ya we just got a lot of 'fucks'. I guess her talking to the crowd like that says a lot about what she thinks of 'us'.

#25 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,959 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:19 PM

I was on my way out for a break after Strangefolk ended, so I called the WPKN studio and told the board operator that I was going to leave the main stage up in the feed; he should take the air when they end, leave it in cue, and if I wasn't back at 9 for Primus, to just bring it up on the air. About 8:45 I heard the shrieking harpy from across the park. I felt a thin, warm stream down my leg as I frantically dialed the studio trying to reach the board operator. It was over by the time somebody answered, and my stressed-out plea "Tell me that didn't go out over our air" was answered with the reassurance that it hadn't.

(mostly) true story

#26 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,719 posts
  • LocationAbove The Waves

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:21 PM

Thanks for that sweet grinder you gave me. :pimp:

#27 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,948 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:22 PM

I was on my way out for a break after Strangefolk ended, so I called the WPKN studio and told the board operator that I was going to leave the main stage up in the feed; he should take the air when they end, leave it in cue, and if I wasn't back at 9 for Primus, to just bring it up on the air. About 8:45 I heard the shrieking harpy from across the park. I felt a thin, warm stream down my leg as I frantically dialed the studio trying to reach the board operator. It was over by the time somebody answered, and my stressed-out plea "Tell me that didn't go out over our air" was answered with the reassurance that it hadn't.

(mostly) true story

So it really did go out over the air. Bummer.

#28 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,547 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:23 PM

it was a great spontaneous moment that seemed to stop time for an instant...i will cherish the memory always.

and also the fact that it was me, moose, teo, and condor standing there ....straight ballin :lol:

#29 Spidergawd

Spidergawd
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,701 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:30 PM

I used to like her and find her funny. 20 some years ago. Then she went full-on coo coo banana pants, and now I find her annoying and irrelevant.

#30 Julius

Julius
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,263 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:32 PM

I will personally donate $20 to her campaign in exchange for taking a huge dump on her face.

#31 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,959 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:32 PM

Reading her Twitter timeline is like being stuck in a subway car with a crazy person.

#32 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,579 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:33 PM

Roseanne is a presidential candidate and as such this thread attacking her should be moved to the proper forum

#33 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,719 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:35 PM

She had one of the best TV shows ever. :pimp:

#34 BHB

BHB
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,903 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:37 PM

ya... I liked this Roseanne Barr better.

Posted Image

#35 Julius

Julius
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,263 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:59 PM

She's way scarier than a dead pig, gives me some ideas for next year's parade. But we'd have to paint her face like a flesh-eating zombie to make it less scary.

#36 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,959 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 27 July 2012 - 06:03 PM

#37 cheeseweasel

cheeseweasel
  • VibeTribe
  • 802 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 06:07 PM

The whole time I heard her moose-strangling voice over in boardie, I kept expecting to hear a single gunshot followed by either silence or cheering.

#38 BHB

BHB
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,903 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 27 July 2012 - 06:11 PM

The whole time I heard her moose-strangling voice over in boardie, I kept expecting to hear a single gunshot followed by either silence or cheering.

same here... after all, vibes has a reputation for performers and guest speakers getting sniped by the crowd.

weird it didn't happen this year.

#39 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,107 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 27 July 2012 - 09:36 PM

I dunno, at first I thought it was a recording then I saw her on the big screen...and I really didn't hear anything she said but I recall it being really weird that she was there to begin with so I'm going to go with it being pretty cool...brought me to another level!

thanks Rosanne :drool:

#40 Spiffy

Spiffy
  • VibeTribe
  • 478 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 27 July 2012 - 09:39 PM

it's funny that she's a comedian because I didn't think anything she did was even remotely funny...

:thumbsup:

#41 FYC (Find Your Cloud)

FYC (Find Your Cloud)
  • VibeTribe
  • 747 posts
  • LocationIn the clouds

Posted 28 July 2012 - 10:57 AM

Okay, I will bite the bullet and take the unpopular stance here. Yeah her voice is grating but ask yourself this... Who in their right mind looked at the band schedule and said, "hrmmm what will transition perfectly into skull waving, mask-wearing goodness that is Primus? I know! Strangefolk!
All I am saying is her yelling worked out okay by either putting a fire into half the folks or by unifying 30k hippies under probably the only banner possible to unify such a diverse crowd, " DON'T TAKE MY R33F3R!"

#42 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,719 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 01:58 PM

Yeah and you won't forget the year Rosanne was at Vibes. I didn't actually see her just heard. My lazy ass was walking down to the field at that point.

#43 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,802 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 02:33 PM

I'm always going to have a soft place in my heart for Roseanne and that's just all there is to it. I don't watch enough tv or pay enough attention to any of the sources that would inform me of her current goings on, but I do know I didn't disagree with a single thing she said, although she could have said the word fuck much less. My only thing was it cutting into Primus time. Roo hollering "Show me your boobs!" was really funny though.

#44 gdradio

gdradio
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 02:51 PM

#45 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,719 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 03:19 PM

It amazes me that a bunch of people would have such sticks up their asses about a silly ass thing that happened at Vibes. It would of been so much better if Wavy Gravy came out told the same boring ass story for the 1000th time, looked like he was going to have a stroke and then was wheeled off for Primus to start.

#46 gdradio

gdradio
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 03:31 PM

It would of been so much better if Wavy Gravy came out told the same boring ass story for the 1000th time, looked like he was going to have a stroke and then was wheeled off for Primus to start.

what a shitty thing to say

#47 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,719 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 03:37 PM

So it's fine to just insult or mock people you personally don't like. Ahhhh now I get how it works.

#48 tyedyedee

tyedyedee

uniquely dee

• VibeTribe
  • 9,707 posts
  • Locationboston-ish

Posted 28 July 2012 - 03:39 PM

its going to be a sad day when we dont have wavy gravy in person anymore
cuz i truly believe that his spirit will always be at vibes, even after he is gone :heart:

roseanne?
well, i loved her in the 80s
as far as her tirade at vibes?
i was amused and a little horrified cuz i knew that there were families all around...but then again these families were in place for primus, so the kiddoes shouldnt be *that* horrified by chaos and language, right? :dunno:

i thought it was amusing
funny? not so much...it is what is was...a loud grating rant from a loud grating woman who used to be really funny :lol:

#49 gdradio

gdradio
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 03:40 PM

I like rosanne barr just fine

i agreed that she didnt say anything funny. i didnt hear anything more than an expletive-ridden political rant of sorts

tell me then: what did she say that was funny? maybe i missed it

#50 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,579 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 04:31 PM

So it's fine to just insult or mock people you personally don't like. Ahhhh now I get how it works.

Now you're learning ;)