sober camp

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 SpeedwayBoogie

SpeedwayBoogie
  • VibeTribe
  • 71 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:27 PM

Thanks and a big shout out to Luvsdaizies and Summer for working all winter on the sober camp. Also thanks to Sabina and Nancy for directing people when they got there.
There were only a couple people that insisted they be there without the pass, until we told them that we were sober camp. Everybody was very gracious and helpful.
I think it all worked very smoothly!

#2 Luvsdaizies

Luvsdaizies

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 05:32 PM

Thanks Speedway! SO glad it worked out!

#3 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 23,160 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 07:20 PM

YAY!

#4 sums

sums

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 10,450 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 03:46 PM

:) thanks to todd also, our site operations director. he was huge in the coordination and creation of the pre-vibes sign ups! :thup:

#5 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 27,000 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:17 PM

The League Office is def teh tittybombs.

:rolling:

#6 thegoodwife

thegoodwife
  • VibeTribe
  • 67 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 27 July 2012 - 09:34 PM

i think it was very well organized this year and you should really count on having more guests next year! Well Done.

#7 child_of_boundless_seas

child_of_boundless_seas
  • VibeTribe
  • 36 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:28 AM

I'd like to add my thanks to that. If it hadn't been for sober camping my Vibes experience would have been much less enjoyable if not disastrous, instead it ended up being one of the best weekends I've had in a very long time. It was fun, yes, but jumping into the middle of the Wharf Rats was a healing experience I hope to carry for a long time.

#8 seany

seany
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,771 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 04:04 AM

I'm very glad to hear that sober camp was a success for everyone this year. I think it's a wonderful idea to set aside that space for like-minded people, just as we've done for boardiie camp, family camp, etc. I've coordinated the nonprofit village the past few years and have always set Wharf Rats up with the end spot in the NPO run so they have overflow /hangout space for meetings. I happened to be wandering through sober camp on the way back to boardie camping late on Fri night and helped Murph move a late arrival . She had come in and set up and her tent was right along the fire lane, which is a no go with the fire dept and fest rules (we really do take safety first - we don't want any possibility of a vehicle ever hitting a tent). We helped pack up her stuff and move her spot a row over so her and her son would have a nice safe spot in sober camp for the weekend. Kinda made my Fri night : )