Photo
- - - - -

Changing into something less formal at the reception....

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 03:10 PM

So I love my wedding dress but I am thinking of changing into something simple and fun during the reception.

I am going to be serving hurricanes and think it might be best not to have my dress in harms way.....

but i have an appointment for twobirds bridemaids dresses today.

http://www.twobirdsbridesmaid.com/
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 jen s

jen s
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,726 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 03:57 PM

This is becoming more and more popular amongst brides.

They want to have fun, dance and feel comfortable, and as you probably know, the wedding dress can be heavy and restricting.

as long as you are ok with some of your photos, ie cutting the cake and other traditional wedding activities in your less formal gown.

go for it.

#3 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 21,941 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 04:16 PM

That dress and you, with your body art, smoking!

#4 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 04:30 PM

Thanks... That is what I'm thinking :)

I need to finish my art

#5 fire_rocket

fire_rocket
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:57 PM

Those dresses are so cool!! So sexy!

#6 jen s

jen s
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,726 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:07 PM

I think I saw these dress on that show called My fair wedding with david tutera....

#7 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 11:08 PM

I think I saw these dress on that show called My fair wedding with david tutera....

You did..... :wink:

Well I bought one today....
They are working out of a apartment in the Village....

I got the gown style in the chocolate color. I love the fact that is designed to fit no matter how much weight i loose.

It was more than I spent on my wedding dress but i can wear it over and over again to different things. :dance:

#8 musicmomma

musicmomma
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,966 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 04:09 AM

beautiful. i have worn the dress i bought for after my wedding quite a few times. :heart:

#9 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 03:37 PM

I think the thing that i like best about this dress is that as i loose weight I can still wear this dress and not have to have it altered.

#10 jen s

jen s
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,726 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 05:02 PM

its an investment.

good for you.

#11 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,664 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 07:37 PM

I really like the dress in the 2nd picture...2nd from left...it's a greenish sea foam color. Beautiful! :)

#12 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 08:54 PM

I liked the color too, almost picked it. Was a toss up of the green, purple and the brown. I choose the brown because it didn't reflect as much light and I can see more uses out of it.

That hem does not look good on me.... Anyone who is short it makes look heavier and I don't need any extra help there. :lol:

I have a full length but if ever I can make it into a short and just hem it. :clapping:

Now I need to find my mother something.... she has horrible taste and is talking about some Hawaiian moo moo :shocked:

I told her Aloha wear.... and the only moo moo will be coming from the cows not her dress!!! :bang:

#13 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,664 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 10:40 AM

:lol:

My Mom ended up wearing a dress and little jacket that she had originally bought for my brother's first wedding that never happened. I'm glad she finally got some use out of it!!! :funny1:

#14 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 03:46 PM

My mother never listens.... She trying to argue that because its authentic Hawaiian dress I should be happy.

I told her I didn't say authentic wear but Aloha wear... big difference!!!!!

I guess I have to start shopping for her!