• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Dee2.0

Dee2.0
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,492 posts
  • LocationOn the road

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:24 PM

Thank you kindly for holding the sketch for us. Please continue to have your fest the same weekend as Vibes for as long as humanly possible. It makes for a happy no-bullshit Vibes and we appreciate it.

Love,

VibeTribe

#2 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,408 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:33 PM

was at ticketing on sunday, late afternoon and this dreaded out dude comes up to the po po posted there and asked if he'd seen anybody walking around with 4 ring marks across his face. we stood there wondering wtf is he talking about. he says saturday night he passed out under his ez-up and woke up to a dude trying to take his wristband off. so he punches this dude on the side of his face and knocks him out for a few seconds. he then shows us his hand and he's got these HUGE silver GD rings on every finger. he tells the cop if he sees a dude with these ring marks across the side of his face, kick his ass out because he's trying to steal wristbands. dude walks away and cop turns to me and says, "street justice, that's how it should work".

didn't see any sketch the whole time, this is the only sketch I heard of

:lol:

#3 Roasted and Toasted

Roasted and Toasted
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,300 posts
  • LocationUnder a tent

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:40 PM

sketch free Vibes from start to finish.

#4 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,757 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:27 PM

The only sketch I saw was some random guy who hopped on the back of my cart as if he were getting on a bus. He said he was helping somebody at the Not Fade Away tent. I kicked his ass off the cart. Even garnish only goes so far.

#5 Dee2.0

Dee2.0
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,492 posts
  • LocationOn the road

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:34 PM

Everyone was commenting about how mellow and perfect everything was going and we were trying to figure out what was different. Then it dawned on us... we shipped the sketch to All Good. Amazing.

The only sketch that I saw was that Gordy guy who emceed. Super sketchy. :funny1:

#6 Smiles

Smiles
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,939 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:41 PM

Some little spunion wrapped in an orange blanket kinda creeped me out :lol:

#7 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,502 posts
  • LocationAbove The Waves

Posted 23 July 2012 - 11:05 PM

Some little spunion wrapped in an orange blanket kinda creeped me out :lol:

Hey I'm not creepy :joker:

#8 Royal

Royal
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,218 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 11:07 PM

The only sketch I saw was some random guy who hopped on the back of my cart as if he were getting on a bus. He said he was helping somebody at the Not Fade Away tent. I kicked his ass off the cart. Even garnish only goes so far.

lolgarnish :funny1:

#9 MidnightJester

MidnightJester
  • VibeTribe
  • 134 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:00 AM

Have to say I agree for the most part that the sketch stayed elsewhere but some was around.. In family section near sea road pole O or so Someone stabbed a friends mattress through his tent because he was kept up a bunch "Not cool at all". Personally if you are not in the quiet kids area music can be played any and all hours yes "5am till 8am or 9am" After hours is how alot of fun happens and new friends bond.. Music festivals are not a quiet hour thing at any hour the way I look at it.

#10 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,876 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:49 AM

Some stuff was taken from some cars, too. But all in all, it was a pretty sketchless weekend.

#11 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,934 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:43 AM

Everyone was commenting about how mellow and perfect everything was going and we were trying to figure out what was different. Then it dawned on us... we shipped the sketch to All Good. Amazing.

The only sketch that I saw was that Gordy guy who emceed. Super sketchy. :funny1:

:rolling:

#12 Dee2.0

Dee2.0
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,492 posts
  • LocationOn the road

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:34 AM

There's bound to be some sketch, but it was NOTICEABLY less than the last few years, and the two fests coinciding is the only huge change that I can think of.

#13 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,562 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:26 PM

Have to say I agree for the most part that the sketch stayed elsewhere but some was around.. In family section near sea road pole O or so Someone stabbed a friends mattress through his tent because he was kept up a bunch "Not cool at all". Personally if you are not in the quiet kids area music can be played any and all hours yes "5am till 8am or 9am" After hours is how alot of fun happens and new friends bond.. Music festivals are not a quiet hour thing at any hour the way I look at it.

perhaps the 'quieter camping' area that you were in is not for you another time, although stabbing someone's mattress is terrible!

#14 MidnightJester

MidnightJester
  • VibeTribe
  • 134 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:59 PM

Im not sure where you saw I said I was in a quiet area...Family area along the sea road and in the middle near the Soldier and Salior is not the quiet area.. There are Signs posted where the quiet area is and that is not it by over 1000 ft or more

#15 Terry Bo Berry

Terry Bo Berry
  • VibeTribe
  • 941 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:32 PM

Im not sure where you saw I said I was in a quiet area...Family area along the sea road and in the middle near the Soldier and Salior is not the quiet area.. There are Signs posted where the quiet area is and that is not it by over 1000 ft or more

Actually, if you had a Family Pass on your car, you should have known that the area is also called quieter camping. You did not have to say it, Nancy knows it. If you had a Boardie Pass on your car, you should have been able to talk to your neighbor who was also a Boardie. Either way, VERY UNACCEPTABLE behavior on your neighbor's part.

From the Vibes website....

Family Camping

As we all know, the vast majority of VibeTribe likes to stay up late! However, Gathering of the Vibes also hosts a designated Family Camping area — a place where families and chill folks can hang out together and set the tone. Please note that Family Camping can not accommodate RVs or vehicles 25′ and over. Send your request to familycamping@gatheringofthevibes.com. Space allowing, there will also be a limited number Family Camping Passes at the gates on a first come, first served basis. Please, alert our Camping/Parking Staff that you are traveling with kids when you arrive.

All the space in Soldiers/Sailors was designated Family camping. Love and kisses, Terry Bo Berry

#16 laylalime

laylalime
  • VibeTribe
  • 189 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:52 PM

Thank you kindly for holding the sketch for us. Please continue to have your fest the same weekend as Vibes for as long as humanly possible. It makes for a happy no-bullshit Vibes and we appreciate it.

Love,

VibeTribe

Perfect! :bigsmile:

#17 blueallah

blueallah
  • VibeTribe
  • 56 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 05:32 PM

I went to Allgood this year becasue the taming of West camping made the whole GOTV thing a yawn last year. All Good was a whole lot of fun with a rowdy campground full of a whole bunch of great people. No nitrous, and no theiving in my experience just a big loud 4 day party. Glad you all got the fest you wanted as did I. A couple of things I greatly missed about GOTV was Sea Side Park - so much better than Buckeye Lake except for the actual concert grounds which were excellent, and the food vendors were seriously poor compared to GOTV. I will happily spend my time with your castoff "sketch" anyday.

#18 KittyRocks

KittyRocks
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,062 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:35 PM

hmm i didnt notice much sketch at all good!

well besides that sketchy red bearded guy i shared a tent with... :funny1:

#19 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,354 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:53 PM

well besides that sketchy red bearded guy i shared a tent with... :funny1:

I read a nice article about him in some magazine I found on one of the ingress tables while I was picking up stuff during my overnight shift. :smile:

#20 KittyRocks

KittyRocks
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,062 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 01:18 AM

oh thats cool.... appalachian jamwich maybe?

#21 Erinisme

Erinisme
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,410 posts
  • LocationJersey Fresh

Posted 26 July 2012 - 01:41 AM

I dunno...I heard about this woman in family who left her pounder unattended and called the hotline only to find out it had been chasing people around for hours :dunno:

#22 Dee2.0

Dee2.0
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,492 posts
  • LocationOn the road

Posted 26 July 2012 - 02:02 AM

Yeah but I heard a rumor that Pounder was gender neutral, so it was totally politically correct. What's sketchy about that?

#23 djinn_n_juice

djinn_n_juice
  • VibeTribe
  • 561 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:06 AM

that's where the sketch was, we've been trying to figure it out lol

#24 no shoot klein

no shoot klein
  • VibeTribe
  • 30 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 03:02 PM

nice!

#25 Speckta

Speckta
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,110 posts
  • LocationQueens, NY

Posted 26 July 2012 - 03:45 PM

In family section

Wait... Y'all was blasting music 'til PAST 4am IN THE FAMILY SECTION?

C'mon... Ccccooommmaaawwwwwn....

#26 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,354 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:52 PM

oh thats cool.... appalachian jamwich maybe?

That's the one!