• Please log in to reply
182 replies to this topic

#101 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,093 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:51 PM

Better beer FOR SURE!

As for the food, it should be made clear that you are either welcome to the vegetarian option *or* the meat option, but not both - when the veg option is way down the end of the line, and it's what you actually want but your plate has some of the meat option on it as a little sample, well, it's kind of a bummer that you can't get that tempeh burger that you actually wanted to make up the main part of your meal.

This happened to more than a few folks in our group.

This.

My first lunch in VIP was not a great experience. The list of options on the board (all good options!) were pulled pork, chicken, mac n cheese, tempeh and veggie burgers. I got my plate and a tiny piece of chicken. With nothing else on my plate but that tiny peice of chicken I then went over to the veggie burger station and was refused. Honestly, there was no other vegetables available other than the lettuce and tomato garnish for those veggie burgers. The odd thing was you could have pulled pork AND chicken. The only published note about how much and what you could have on the board that listed the food options was 'one pass only'. Not, 'if you eat this you can't eat that'... Anyway, I think the policy should be made clear to folks prior to choosing anything so they don't get a 'no' when getting their food. :thup:

The lunch the following two days was fantastic! Really, really good :clapping: VIP in general this year was great I must say. I loved that there was so much fresh fruit, cookies and of course JINGO'S!!!!! I love those things :funny1: Thanks for a great job in VIP Vibes!

#102 Spidergawd

Spidergawd
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,795 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:52 PM

way too many police patrolling the camp grounds

All the officers I spoke with were awesome and friendly. But then I wasn't doing anything obviously sketchy.

#103 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,153 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:05 PM

I think Vibes has gotten better every year during the last five, and 2012 was no exception. Thought the sound was great. Only things I would change are:

#1: ban the guy who punched out my rear view mirror which cost $180 to fix.

#2: PLEASE Guides: stop saying that people who arrive on Thursday prior to 8:00 a.m. will be punished in a holding pen. This is obviously not true as hundreds of cars that arrived before 8 am got in ahead of those of us who followed the rules and timed our arrival for 8 am. One parking dude said we were "late" for arriving at 8! It's not cool to lay down a strict rule with threat of punishment and then screw the people who abide by it. For us, it made the difference between East and West RV camping, which mattered mostly because we had young kids and ended up in West where they had no other kids to hang out with. Still, great neighbors and great fun - except for the mirror smasher guy.

Thanks Vibes.

your #2 was posted on the Boards this year regarding entering in earlier...

Next year Security is going to have to filter the young ladies to my tent...ya know...for security purposes

#104 fit4lyf

fit4lyf
  • VibeTribe
  • 28 posts
  • LocationDelaware

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:42 PM

Would not want a political screaming banchee.
I don't need to have politics shuved down my throat when I am trying to relax.
I have NPR for that 361 days a year.

#105 KindGeeGirl

KindGeeGirl
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:47 PM

Clean Vibes seemed to close up shop earlier than usual. This led to many things not being recycled Sunday and Monday.

#106 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 20,292 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:59 PM

All the officers I spoke with were awesome and friendly. But then I wasn't doing anything obviously sketchy.

Guess you didn't introduce any of them to Josh.

#107 KindGeeGirl

KindGeeGirl
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 05:14 PM

seriously... sounded good to me except at The Machine where GV sage seemed to be toned way down for late music??

seriously... sounded good to me except at The Machine where GV sage seemed to be toned way down for late music??

I feel like this was done unpurpose. I had never seen The Machine before and their plan did not seem to entail rocking out the Pink Floyd. It seemed to me that they NEEDED input from the audience. If the audience did their job then so did they. Like a machine that needed fuel. Like a band trying to empower. Just like Floyd :heart:

But then again................I was barely here in on earth ;)

#108 Erinisme

Erinisme
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,422 posts
  • LocationJersey Fresh

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:45 PM

i can't remember if I said it already....none beer options on the concert field...pretty please some of us like our booze but are allergic to beer :(

#109 Dr. StrangeHat

Dr. StrangeHat
  • VibeTribe
  • 424 posts
  • LocationWestbrook, ME

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:00 PM

i can't remember if I said it already....none beer options on the concert field...pretty please some of us like our booze but are allergic to beer :(

I'm only speculating, but I'm guessing that it probably has more to do with CT Blue Laws than anything else.

#110 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,037 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:05 PM

this!!! i would kill for a mixed drink option

#111 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,353 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:12 PM

Baby, you're kinda scaring me today.

:lol:

#112 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,037 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:26 PM

Baby, you're kinda scaring me today.

yeah, right? I told you, you don;t know me well :lol:

#113 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,829 posts
  • LocationAbove The Waves

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:40 PM

Chairs on the field suck. Vibes is the only fest that seems to have this problem. No other fest have a been too that people feel entitled to block all dancing and walking space with chairs. Buy a crazycreek if you need to sit

#114 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,353 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:55 PM

Ever since I saw you stab that stray cat with a fork, I knew you were the one for me...

#115 Jambear

Jambear
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,985 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 11:02 PM

you need to hang aroun me more :drunk:

#116 Jambear

Jambear
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,985 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 11:02 PM

Ever since I saw you stab that stray cat with a fork, I knew you were the one for me...

#117 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,153 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 25 July 2012 - 11:06 PM

$5 PBRs would be nice...and that's still muy caro!

#118 Dee2.0

Dee2.0
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,492 posts
  • LocationOn the road

Posted 26 July 2012 - 01:55 AM

How about we stop promoting cigarettes by allowing people to buy 1 dollar cigarettes. Not like the festival is a a totally healthy place but...We don't need to promote something that kills people on a daily basis. ( As well as bothers me while I'm back to back to people trying to leave the concert field) I understand that they give us money.. But we could also put it else where.... Maybe near green vibes...errr..wait......

The same thing could be said about alcohol. Face it, cigarettes are never going away, and the American Spirit tent does its best to make sure that it is only providing coupons to folks who ALREADY smoke rather than encouraging new smokers. Their marketing strategy is to convert smokers of other brands to their brand, not to magically create more smokers. I don't know anybody who started smoking solely because that tent was there. I do however know smokers who switched to American Spirits after the fest.

However, that is not the issue. We were talking about having portos on the east side of the field. May I remind you that portos smell? The reason they work in their little nook over by the west side is because they are somewhat removed and out of the way. Even if you were to remove the A.S. tent and put portos there, it would create an enormously uncomfortable atmosphere for the vendors who are located in that area as well as for the folks that prefer to hoop and dance on that side (myself included).

#119 Eco

Eco
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationFoxboro MA

Posted 26 July 2012 - 03:26 AM

$5 PBRs would be nice...and that's still muy caro!

Dude, I was trying to give away Natural Ice (nasty ice) all weekend and only found one or two people....next time lower your standards!

#120 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,153 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 26 July 2012 - 03:32 AM

:funny1:

natty ice is brutal....

I can drink natty lights tho :thumbsup:

#121 djinn_n_juice

djinn_n_juice
  • VibeTribe
  • 562 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 03:56 AM

went VIP for the first time this year and loved the experience...only thing I would really change is giving a heads up that I would have to put a sticker on my windshield when I went in to VIP...I have a classic car that I had just spent thousands of dollars and a whole lot of time repairing and detailing specifically for the road trip we made to and from Vibes, just a disclaimer somewhere that "you must stick the sticker on your windhield, but the adhesive is light and will completely fall off on its own by the end of the weekend" would have avoided my one and only minor tweak out all weekend, for which I would like to apologize to the security guy at the VIP gate if he's reading

#122 saintsteven

saintsteven
  • VibeTribe
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 01:15 PM

All in all, a great time and a great job by those running things. Much better than previous years! How about extending camping to Monday, so Sunday could be a full day of music and fun.

#123 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,715 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 01:18 PM

sunday IS a full day of music and fun! :dance:

#124 Danimal

Danimal
  • VibeTribe
  • 256 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 02:14 PM

Vibes should be two times a year, one beginning of summer and one at the end of summer like the wormfests!!!

Zappa plays Zappa should play every year!!!

Maybe a full bar on concert field, for people who like wine/booze instead of beer? I could have really gone for a Gin & Tonic on the hot sunny days!!!

Best vibes ever though, been glowing all week from it! Definitely cleansed my soul last weekend!!!

#125 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,882 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 03:43 PM

You should see her in a girl slapfight. I mean, it doesn't hurt or anything, but she sure gives it her all. :lol:

#126 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,882 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 03:44 PM

One word- Bubbajug. :tongue:

#127 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,353 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 03:46 PM

You should see her in a girl slapfight.

Hawt!

I mean, it doesn't hurt or anything, but she sure gives it her all. :lol:

#128 cheeseweasel

cheeseweasel
  • VibeTribe
  • 802 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 03:54 PM

Turn down the brightness of those video screens. They were starting to give me epileptic seizures.

#129 KrisNYG

KrisNYG
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,155 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:02 PM

Chairs on the field suck. Vibes is the only fest that seems to have this problem. No other fest have a been too that people feel entitled to block all dancing and walking space with chairs. Buy a crazycreek if you need to sit

The chairs totally F'ed with the Pig Parade. Get them out of there! :joker:

#130 elder

elder
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,519 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:10 PM

Pig and DJH Parade should become an annual tradition, regardless if Primus plays or not.

#131 tiedyesky

tiedyesky
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,395 posts
  • Locationjust outside the box

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:13 PM

yep. need more parade participants....bogie and i will bring costumes next year!! :thumbsup:

#132 KrisNYG

KrisNYG
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,155 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:14 PM

Pig and DJH Parade should become an annual tradition, regardless if Primus plays or not.

There will be a parade next year for sure. :lol:

#133 KrisNYG

KrisNYG
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,155 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:14 PM

And I will mow down any lolchairs that get in our way. :thup:

#134 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,632 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:21 PM

Damn, this just popped into my head, wish there was a link to this old, old school thread :lol:

Will you dance naked at the Wild Magnolia Parade?

#135 Julius

Julius
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,382 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:22 PM

And I will mow down any lolchairs that get in our way. :thup:

I had no peripheral vision with that mask on so any lawn chairs in my path during the parade got kicked quite a good distance. You sitters better stake them down next year if you insist on parking in front of the soundboard! :devilbananas:

#136 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:55 PM

We have a Happiness Parade at Bear's Picnic that we started in 2009, the first year I attended. :mrgreen:

Alas, the Beaver won't be out to lead it again this year. :(

#137 Kuzsin

Kuzsin
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,898 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:22 PM

...ive said it before....some bands announced with earlybird ticket prices....

#138 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,153 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:28 PM

merch tent needs to open earlier (for VIPmerch)...I'm not carrying that shit around all day on the concert field or

VIP shirts and posters should be at VIP check in; seperate from check in but over there...pick out your shirt online before hand, size color, type and just pick it up at check in

#139 elder

elder
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,519 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:25 PM

merch tent needs to open earlier (for VIPmerch)...I'm not carrying that shit around all day on the concert field or

VIP shirts and posters should be at VIP check in; seperate from check in but over there...pick out your shirt online before hand, size color, type and just pick it up at check in

Thats reminds me....I apologize to the poor guys and gals working in the VIPmerch tent that I terrorized for over an hour on whatever day that was :lol:

#140 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,093 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:32 PM

Love this idea!!! However, it occurs to me this probably would not be doable since currently it's a combined Staff/Artist/VIP checkin. (which works really well - thanks for the quick check in Vibes!)
Maybe it could work though? It would definitely slow down checkin though...

Thats reminds me....I apologize to the poor guys and gals working in the VIPmerch tent that I terrorized for over an hour on whatever day that was :lol:

What? :shocked:

See...this is why we can't have nice things Elder. :lol:

#141 elder

elder
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,519 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:40 PM

Love this idea!!! However, it occurs to me this probably would not be doable since currently it's a combined Staff/Artist/VIP checkin. (which works really well - thanks for the quick check in Vibes!)

What? :shocked:

See...this is why we can't have nice things Elder. :lol:

it was mayfly's fault. he left me there in that state of mind, standing in line with nothing but choices

#142 KrisNYG

KrisNYG
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,155 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:40 PM

:rolling:

#143 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,153 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:00 PM

yeah I know....but the one time I remember is in the morning on Friday then I forget...I need them force fed to me :funny1:

#144 SunshineDrummer

SunshineDrummer

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 12,351 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:33 PM

1. Potty lines got crazy. Spread them out. And please, please, please .... us gals need more toilet paper.

Unfortunately, I don't think this problem will never change. I've been going to festivals for 14 years and I've never seen a solution to the ever-present TP issue for us ladies. The paper never seems to last long enough, especially during the headline acts. You gotta bring your own stash, its the only way to be sure you'll have some.

2. Make chairs and tents stay beyond the soundboard. After dark, those chairs (long abandoned) were a nightmare. Impossible to navigate to beer tent or potties.

As is clearly stated in the rules:
  • Beach chairs are allowed on the concert field ONLY behind the soundboard and canopies/tents are only allowed behind the track
As long as people continue to be selfish assholes, this problem will exist. (Yes, that's a gigantic hint at anyone who had a chair up in front of the soundboard, especially after dark. If you are reading this & fit that description: Yes, I'm talking to you. You are the problem. Knock it off.)

#145 gram-man

gram-man
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,191 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:41 PM

So perhaps there should be someone on field politely making sure that people with chairs aren't setting them up in areas where they shouldn't be?? Not everyone knows the designated chair areas (although you'd think that by this point most people going to a festival would know better).

If they need a volunteer to spend his shift on the field making sure chairs and canopies are setup in the proper areas...lemme know! I'd be happy to work that job for my volunteer shifts :D

#146 elder

elder
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,519 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:44 PM

So perhaps there should be someone on field politely making sure that people with chairs aren't setting them up in areas where they shouldn't be?? Not everyone knows the designated chair areas (although you'd think that by this point most people going to a festival would know better).

If they need a volunteer to spend his shift on the field making sure chairs and canopies are setup in the proper areas...lemme know! I'd be happy to work that job for my volunteer shifts :D

but I like the way the Pig handles it.

ALL HAIL THE PIG!

#147 SunshineDrummer

SunshineDrummer

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 12,351 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:48 PM

Read the effing rules. That's what they're there for. Its not that hard. And after you've read the rules, FOLLOW THEM!! I'd be down with posting this rule by the field entrance though. Just in case there's some folks out there who really don't know. But do we really need babysitters?

Then again, I saw a bunch of people lose their chairs during Primus when folks got fed up with weaving thought them to get off the field & just started stomping through like Godzilla. I'll admit it... I lol'd. :devil:

#148 tiedyesky

tiedyesky
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,395 posts
  • Locationjust outside the box

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:02 PM

but I like the way the Pig handles it.

Exactly how DID the pig handle it? I did like the Bro's painting of a stomping godzilla....

#149 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,153 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:08 PM

they need to have larger/more video screens if the stage area is gonna be like it was...mad packed yo!

Turn down the brightness of those video screens. They were starting to give me epileptic seizures.

#150 elder

elder
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,519 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:10 PM

Exactly how DID the pig handle it? I did like the Bro's painting of a stomping godzilla....

see post from Bro-zilla above ;)