• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#1 tiedyesky

tiedyesky
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,391 posts
  • Locationjust outside the box

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:57 PM

So, another year goes by and we make new friends, see old friends and miss some from years gone by.
So far this year I have met Manzanita Stark, sure-ur-rightdancer, Twilight Dancer, Jenine H, Terrapin Station, BHB, Ashley the Intern, Occifer Boland, Kashmir, the new and improved Roo, and DHJ.
Got to hang out with traditional faves at Space Camp like cassady, crescent moon, Dee 2.0, Burning Rope, condormania, the "same" old Roo, TEO & Jess the former intern. Lots of new and old faces rolled on through Space Camp over the weekend....so glad to see you all, and thanks for all the HUGS!!!! Sunday morning, the Ryan Montbleau band shared brunch time at Space Camp with us, which was better than a cinnamon roll by far ;)
Also got to hang with many Velcronians, personal friends from DNC and Goat Camp, Joecool, Julius, Rick, Jammy & Jesse, Luna, Erinisme, banned Campers, James 420, Jwheelz and Lucky Dawgz

Who did we miss? Sweet Potato, August West, Sunshower, Crash and gMoney (tho bogie and I did run into some of his posse;)

#2 BHB

BHB
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,898 posts
  • LocationLong Beach, NY

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:59 PM

let's not forget the rubber fist.

(((new camping mascots)))

nice to meet ya too :)

#3 tiedyesky

tiedyesky
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,391 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:04 PM

"Pounder"............................................:rotf:

#4 elder

elder
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,482 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:04 PM

So, another year goes by and we make new friends, see old friends and miss some from years gone by.
So far this year I have met Manzanita Stark, Sure-youre-right Dancer, Twilight Dancer, Jenine H, Terrapin Station, BHB, Ashley the Intern, Occifer Boland, Kashmir, the new and improved Roo, and DHJ.
Got to hang out with traditional faves at Space Camp like cassady, crescent moon, Dee 2.0, Burning Rope, condormania, the "same" old Roo, TEO & Jess the former intern. Lots of new and old faces rolled on through Space Camp over the weekend....so glad to see you all, and thanks for all the HUGS!!!! Sunday morning, the Ryan Montbleau band shared brunch time at Space Camp with us, which was better than a cinnamon roll by far ;)
Also got to hang with many Velcronians, personal friends from DNC and Goat Camp, Joecool, Julius, Rick, Jammy & Jesse, Luna, Erinisme, banned Campers, James 420, Jwheelz and Lucky Dawgz

Who did we miss? Sweet Potato, August West, Sunshower, Crash and gMoney (tho bogie and I did run into some of his posse;)

I tried to get around more this year, really tried to see and hang with everyone, but missed a bunch and some I only saw in passing.
THIS is why Vibes needs to be a week long.

But I'm glad to get a lot of you Connie, and the rest of our wonderful community.

#5 Kashmir

Kashmir
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,458 posts
  • LocationA peaceful place, or so it looks from space

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:06 PM

Um, sir......there's a hand in your bag. :huh:

#6 tiedyesky

tiedyesky
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,391 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:07 PM

I tried to get around more this year, really tried to see and hang with everyone, but missed a bunch and some I only saw in passing.
THIS is why Vibes needs to be a week long.

But I'm glad to get a lot of you Connie, and the rest of our wonderful community.

I'm still gonna petition to get them to lift the nitrous ban for rocking chair races!!

#7 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:24 PM

We missed a tonne of folks - and we missed out on the picnic... I thought it would still be going after Zappa, but when we arrived, no one was there. :undecided:

Sorry to have missed those that I didn't get to visit with this year - hopefully we will see one another soon! :heart:

#8 Dee2.0

Dee2.0
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,492 posts
  • LocationOn the road

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:43 PM

"Pounder"............................................ :rotf:

Pound-her... the h is silent.

#9 tiedyesky

tiedyesky
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,391 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:47 PM

:lmao:

#10 sums

sums

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 10,376 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 05:14 PM

i got there at like 3 pm but no picnic!

so i missed that sketchy gregoir character again.

i missed seeing some people i usually see but, in my random wanderings, got to meet tim the beek, condormania, meomyo, mamakel & Q. i'm sure there is someone(s) else i'm leaving out! (brain not fully functional yet, still on-site)

i got double and triple hugs from a few boardies like nancykind, sunshinedrummer, china cat and TEO.

it was nice to run into everyone i ran into, even if it was briefly. this community means to much to me :) :heart:

#11 Depends

Depends
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,819 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 05:18 PM

where to begin? I guess whom did I miss. IT Buzz, kept looking, but never found. It was good to see fake josh at velcro. had a good talk with occifer. too many to list.

#12 sums

sums

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 10,376 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 05:22 PM

oh yeah! depends was the very first new boardie i met, even before the gate opened ;)

#13 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,311 posts
  • LocationAbove The Waves

Posted 23 July 2012 - 05:22 PM

I got to meet osifer boland and sunshine drummer for the first time in real life.

Also got to spend a lot of time with Cur and Ling both of whom I really only knew in passing in the past. Which was highly enjoyable.

Great seeing all the usual peeps. wish I had gotten to spend more time in Velcro my visit was brief; shocking the cops were arresting people while I was over there. :pimp:

The heady Gods always keep me and Sums apart. They must be scared we will rip a hole in space time.

#14 Mama Kel

Mama Kel
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,188 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 05:24 PM

I got to the boardie picnic & met a bunch of folks for the first time!!!!

Got my hug from Sums after being told to Be the Garnish - that was awesome <3 <3 <3

Saw a bunch of old friends & missed a bunch :( Although I know I'll see them at Wormtown :)

#15 Depends

Depends
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,819 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 05:25 PM

oh yeah! depends was the very first new boardie i met, even before the gate opened ;)

well it was AFTER the gate should have opened. im kinda thankful it was late, I did finally get to meet you.

and we sooke on the phone about the shuttle bus incident.

#16 tiedyesky

tiedyesky
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,391 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 05:28 PM

Sums didn't run into any of the people who contributed to the pre-Vibes gripes list....Hmmmmm.....wonder why.......

#17 SunshineDrummer

SunshineDrummer

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 12,181 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 05:29 PM

I finally officially met Gregoir!! :bliss:

Took all weekend, but I did get some TEO time and a fabulous hug from Summer during Avett.

Somehow, I missed Butch & Lisa all weekend, except for waving at Butch once when he went screaming by in a golf cart (he seemed to be hanging on OK ;) ). That was the only thing that bummed me out. :sad:

#18 August West

August West
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,221 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 05:36 PM

everyone

#19 tiedyesky

tiedyesky
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,391 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 05:42 PM

everyone

and everyone missed you....lots.
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

#20 Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,644 posts
  • LocationDirectly south of Seaside Park..across the sound

Posted 23 July 2012 - 06:06 PM

Eco, Smiles, Joker, Tye Dye Sky, Roasted and Toasted, Elder, Tim The Beek, The Bo Berrys....for starters.

Alot of other boardies that don't post much, if at all.

#21 laylalime

laylalime
  • VibeTribe
  • 184 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 06:19 PM

I met Occifer Boland (dubbed the Nark after "the incident"), Tyedyesky and her hubby, and Roo this year for new ones. So excited to finally remembering names and faces together, it may be taking awhile but its working!
Oh, also Lazy Lightning and Tyler.

#22 tiedyesky

tiedyesky
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,391 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 06:21 PM

I met Occifer Boland (dubbed the Nark after "the incident"), Tyedyesky and her hubby, and Roo this year for new ones. So excited to finally remembering names and faces together, it may be taking awhile but its working!
Oh, also Lazy Lightning and Tyler.

Good to see you posting on here!!!

#23 sums

sums

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 10,376 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 06:32 PM

The heady Gods always keep me and Sums apart. They must be scared we will rip a hole in space time.

that's gotta be it! :lol: :jamguy:

watch out :pimp:

#24 laylalime

laylalime
  • VibeTribe
  • 184 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 06:32 PM

Good to see you posting on here!!!

I had a GREAT VIBES!!! I just never like to post. For the 5 years I've been "on" the boards I've earned a Masters in Lurking!!
:bigsmile:

#25 tiedyesky

tiedyesky
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,391 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 06:34 PM

I had a GREAT VIBES!!! I just never like to post. For the 5 years I've been "on" the boards I've earned a Masters in Lurking!!
:bigsmile:

and now the hubby has surpassed you with a masters in motorboating with a ba in left-hand turns, :lol:

#26 laylalime

laylalime
  • VibeTribe
  • 184 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 06:37 PM

:rotf:

#27 mayfly

mayfly
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 06:40 PM

Took all weekend, but I did get some TEO time

I was not as lucky...... she's a sneaky one and eluded me all weekend despite my efforts..... :cry:

#28 tiedyesky

tiedyesky
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,391 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 07:00 PM

TEO and cabana boys held court occasionally on Space Camp's veranda

#29 cdrhead

cdrhead
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,121 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:31 PM

I saw a couple guys named Chris in the distance but never got to say hello.....missed a whole bunch of folks altogether. Got introduced to a few for the first time....Dan & Taraliegh and their friends :) Vegas wouldn't introduce himself :ph34r: Met some other-board folks that are friends of friends. Most of my group was in family so I hung out there for most of the partying, only fell over once and the beer I spilled didn't go on anyones head :thumbsup: Said a quick hello to Jason & Matty on Sunday....I had to go home Saturday for my daughters birthday party so I missed RMB so it was nice to say hi :) So glad I made it back for Primus !!!!!

#30 Jam Fan

Jam Fan
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:46 PM

i didn't make it Boardie camp but many of the kids/teens pointed to my pin and told me that their parent has the same one. :boardie:

#31 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,562 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:05 PM

I felt that I didn't get to see enough of anyone......

Was it just me or did boardie camping triple and I only knew 1/3 of them?

#32 gram-man

gram-man
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,172 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:09 PM

I met a gypsy woman....

she kept asking people to make her eggs.

:lmao:

#33 MommaKatz

MommaKatz
  • VibeTribe
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:09 PM

Thanks for making my first vibes so much fun...you guys are all GARNISH!

#34 Lemireacle

Lemireacle
  • VibeTribe
  • 27,582 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:21 PM

We missed a tonne of folks - and we missed out on the picnic... I thought it would still be going after Zappa, but when we arrived, no one was there. :undecided:

Sorry to have missed those that I didn't get to visit with this year - hopefully we will see one another soon! :heart:

I can't believe we didn't get to meet again!! :undecided:

#35 Misha

Misha

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:15 PM

I missed everyone because I didn't go :cry:

#36 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,322 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:17 PM

you guys were there when I came back, was talking to terry bo berry and was planning to intorduce myself but when I turned around, yous guys were gone

#37 tiedyesky

tiedyesky
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,391 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:21 PM

I missed everyone because I didn't go :cry:

<3 Next time love :)

#38 Roasted and Toasted

Roasted and Toasted
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,276 posts
  • LocationUnder a tent

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:22 PM

Got a chance to meet a lot of you for the first time and to spend time with most of you that I do know. Also missed out on TEO time, and it sounds like Gregoir was at Velcro at the same time I decided it would be better to party elsewhere for a while. (our neighbors were having difficulties with LEO) Never a fun thing to see.

Trying hard to get better with names. Hard enough without a boardie name and a real life to remember. I found myself consistently calling a couple of people by the wrong name :shamed: Will be working on this for sure.

#39 tiedyesky

tiedyesky
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,391 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:26 PM

Got a chance to meet a lot of you for the first time and to spend time with most of you that I do know. Also missed out on TEO time, and it sounds like Gregoir was at Velcro at the same time I decided it would be better to party elsewhere for a while. (our neighbors were having difficulties with LEO) Never a fun thing to see.

Trying hard to get better with names. Hard enough without a boardie name and a real life to remember. I found myself consistently calling a couple of people by the wrong name :shamed: Will be working on this for sure.

you guys were the highlight and savior of many a morning....don't think it mattered if you called us late for dinner :lol: ....great people, AMAZING coffee and good times for all
<3

#40 Julius

Julius
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,598 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:37 PM

Met a ton of great folks. . . the ones I was most looking forward to ahead of time were TASB and jnjn and they didn't dissapoint!

#41 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,675 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:59 PM

Feel kinda bad, because there's no way I'm going to remember everyone I met, but I'll do my best:

Sums
jnjn
Julius
Luna
MeOmYo
Occifer Boland
Roasted N' Toasted
Dr. Strangehat
Terrapin Station - (what a great way to start Vibes, saying howdy out of our car windows at check in)
Mountain Mama
Lola

More will come to me, maybe.

#42 jnjn

jnjn
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,788 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:24 PM

i met & got some quality hang time w/ a ton of awesome boardies!

unfortunately, i didn't make it over to vip or velcro so i missed a ton of awesome boardies as well :( need to fix that next year

i brought a present for lil jerry & STILL didn't make it over there...dumb ass that i am :lol:

#43 -Q-

-Q-
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:40 PM

i got my Sums hug :bigsmile: hope i wasn't too um :scatter: i think you should unchain Forest from the desk and let him hang with us Velcro types :angel:

#44 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,054 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:42 PM

i brought a present for lil jerry & STILL didn't make it over there...dumb ass that i am :lol:

Dumb ass. :spank:

#45 Jam Fan

Jam Fan
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:55 PM

i think i met jack black on the platform. or at least that is how i remember it.

#46 Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,644 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:01 PM

Ok the fog is clearing....

Add Tim and The Bo Berry's to my list.

#47 Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,644 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:03 PM

I was shooting the shit with some peeps at the picnic for a while...cant remember their names.

Who was the fella with the braids...we talked hearing aids for like an hour. :lol:

#48 Smiles

Smiles
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,939 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:08 PM

I got to spend some quality untz time with Forest, happy for that. I met a bunch of nifty folks, oh so many. Good times!

#49 Lemireacle

Lemireacle
  • VibeTribe
  • 27,582 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:10 PM

Sunday morning, the Ryan Montbleau band shared brunch time at Space Camp with us, which was better than a cinnamon roll by far ;)

A few of them also came by Saturday evening to hang. Liz had some margaritas going! :thumbup:

#50 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,371 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:38 PM

Happy Camper, LostsailorVT (SP), occifer boland, and hmmmm... geez... 2 or 3 others.. The goodwife Tabbooma met last year (boy she rocked with the camp, what a pleasure to be around) It will come to Tabbooma.. Always a great time :)