• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 dontmurderme

dontmurderme
  • VibeTribe
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:16 PM

Hey all,

I did West camping in '09, boardie camping in '10, and couldn't make it last year. Needless to say, boardie camping was a way better experience, especially the drum circle and overall friendliness.

If any of you have an extra boardie pass, I would be happy to give you a few craft beers. I'll be there around 10/10:30 tomorrow, so if you will be there by then, I can come find you. PM me if you're interested.

#2 Jim

Jim

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 3,756 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:22 PM

1st you really need to be a boardie to camp in Boardie Camp...

But, you're on the right track for NEXT year, make some friends here, let us get to know you and you can sign up for your very own Boardie pass for VIBEs 2013.

jim

#3 dontmurderme

dontmurderme
  • VibeTribe
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:27 PM

Thanks, I did camp there two years ago. And I look forward to the opportunity to do the same again. You guys are the best.

#4 mcm

mcm
  • VibeTribe
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:49 PM

1st you really need to be a boardie to camp in Boardie Camp...

i didn't notice a minimum post count or other requirements, besides being able to read this thread - http://www.gathering...oardie-camping/
would this board-user have recieved entry had he applied in the manner described above? or would he be put on a waiting list to see if more active posters subsequently applied for this limited space?

#5 dontmurderme

dontmurderme
  • VibeTribe
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:54 PM

Well, it's interesting. The minimum is 10. But...I have "lurked' on the board for about 4 years, and someone who joined right when Boardie Passes became available and banged out 10 posts in 2-3 days would technically be allowed....

With that said, I know real estate is tight, which is why I would love to share some craft brews for any obliging friend.

In any case, we'll be wandering over to join the drum circle, because you guys are the truth. Loved waking up to "Ripple" with my man on violin in '10!

#6 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,679 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:57 PM

Look around in other threads.
I saw a few boardie passes up for grabs just this morning.

#7 dontmurderme

dontmurderme
  • VibeTribe
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:03 PM

thanks, dude

#8 Jim

Jim

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 3,756 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:04 PM

i didn't notice a minimum post count or other requirements, besides being able to read this thread - http://www.gathering...oardie-camping/
would this board-user have received entry had he applied in the manner described above? or would he be put on a waiting list to see if more active posters subsequently applied for this limited space?

Requests for boardie passes really are monitored and not just sent out to anyone who asks,
and I can totally appreaciate why you'd like to camp there.

Best of luck in your quest for a pass.

#9 dontmurderme

dontmurderme
  • VibeTribe
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:06 PM

thanks! well, either way, I'll come say hi to everyone!

#10 mcm

mcm
  • VibeTribe
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:15 PM

if it's a secret-decision process, that should be clearly stated in the application message. it currently reads as an equal-opportunity offer.

with that in mind, it's amusing that the passes can subsequently be freely traded to anyone.

#11 dontmurderme

dontmurderme
  • VibeTribe
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:23 PM

i don't think they can be traded officially

#12 dontmurderme

dontmurderme
  • VibeTribe
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:45 PM

got one...see y'all tomorrow...