• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Eco

Eco
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationFoxboro MA

Posted 18 July 2012 - 03:51 AM

Wondering WTF I can do to kill some time once I reach Bridgeport Wednesday afternoon/evening/night? Staying at the Holiday Inn instead of driving in really early Thursday but I don't want to be holed up in a hotel/motel/Holiday Inn. Any suggestions for local bars....local music...something other than sitting in a hotel room on a forum?

#2 BHB

BHB
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,903 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:12 AM

Posted Image

#3 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,526 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:14 AM

bath salts work

#4 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,915 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:15 AM

Go to the Acoustic Cafe, 2926 Fairfield Avenue. Looks like an fun jam in nice place. Guess what? No television, no pool tables. Just a bar, a stage, and some comfy seating.

Live Funk, Rock, Hip Hop, & Latin Music featuring MEMBERS of Deep Banana Blackout, , Cosmic Jibaros, Kung Fu, GFE, Darian Cunning, DJ Mo Niklz

$10 Cover, Doors @ 8pm

#5 Eco

Eco
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationFoxboro MA

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:23 AM

Posted Image

That suggestion would be like telling me to stick tire irons in my privates...even if someone payed me $50 a shot I would not drink that out of a monkey's rear end. Funny suggestion though!

#6 Eco

Eco
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationFoxboro MA

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:26 AM

bath salts work

Got a large bag of "bath salts" pretty sure it's the same thingy as calcium chloride at Lowes today...screw it I'll sell them as the salts....taste like salts and good for water softing systems and wooks.

#7 Eco

Eco
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationFoxboro MA

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:28 AM

Go to the Acoustic Cafe, 2926 Fairfield Avenue. Looks like an fun jam in nice place. Guess what? No television, no pool tables. Just a bar, a stage, and some comfy seating.

Live Funk, Rock, Hip Hop, & Latin Music featuring MEMBERS of Deep Banana Blackout, , Cosmic Jibaros, Kung Fu, GFE, Darian Cunning, DJ Mo Niklz

$10 Cover, Doors @ 8pm

Thanks, that is what I'm looking for! Well maybe except for the Latin music part...pretty sure I'll get filled up on that in some random elevator. I'll walk/taxi it over there.

#8 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,915 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:31 AM

Thanks, that is what I'm looking for! Well maybe except for the Latin music part...pretty sure I'll get filled up on that in some random elevator. I'll walk/taxi it over there.

Protip: take a taxi. It's Bridgeport, and the stretch between downtown and Black Rock isn't very safe.

I'm guessing this lineup includes Jen Durkin, Johnny Durkin, Rob Somerville, Rick Reyes, and Darian Cunning.

#9 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,526 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:39 AM

pro tip #2::: bring a z-pack

#10 Luvsdaizies

Luvsdaizies

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:36 AM

Protip: take a taxi. It's Bridgeport, and the stretch between downtown and Black Rock isn't very safe.

I'm guessing this lineup includes Jen Durkin, Johnny Durkin, Rob Somerville, Rick Reyes, and Darian Cunning.

yupp -

youll have a blast.

#11 Roasted and Toasted

Roasted and Toasted
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,311 posts
  • LocationUnder a tent

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:52 AM

Wondering WTF I can do to kill some time once I reach Bridgeport Wednesday afternoon/evening/night? Staying at the Holiday Inn instead of driving in really early Thursday but I don't want to be holed up in a hotel/motel/Holiday Inn. Any suggestions for local bars....local music...something other than sitting in a hotel room on a forum?

I have the same game plan. Will be at the downtown Holiday Inn around five tonight.

#12 jimbo02816

jimbo02816
  • Validating
  • 1,142 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:29 AM

Sit in a bar and watch the intense thunderstorms....sounds good to me

#13 The Gator

The Gator
  • VibeTribe
  • 18 posts
  • LocationShoreline, Ct.

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:41 PM

well you can go to the maritime center in norwalk then go to the cask republic for 50 taps of great beer.
the barnum museum is like 4 doors down from the hliday inn in bridgeport(B.P.T.) theres a mummy and a scaled version of his circus grounds. all sorts fo cool stuff.
you can always stay in your room and drink.
there's a wine bar 1/4 mile down fairfield ave thats pretty nice.
beardsley zoo is about 10 minutes drive. THEY HAVE MONKEYS!!
hop on a train and head to NYC for the evening.
pepe's pizza is in fairfield 10 minutes down the road.
not to mention all the normal stuff that goes on in BPT the rest of the year. ie. crack, heroin, prostitution, and murder.

#14 sure-ur-rightdancer

sure-ur-rightdancer
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:47 PM

Wings at archie moores or pizza at pepes which are both in Fairfield would be my choice

#15 HappieKamper

HappieKamper
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,108 posts
  • LocationGun wavin' New Haven

Posted 18 July 2012 - 02:10 PM

Wings at archie moores or pizza at pepes which are both in Fairfield would be my choice

And New Haven.

#16 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,556 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 02:35 PM

Acccoustic is on the other side of town, there a alot of bars around it though, could go to 2 boots cafe, right near your hotel, wed Tabbooma beilieves is open mic night but may have a band because of the vibes, dont wander to far from the hotel on foot, also if you want a real good dinner go to Ralph's N Rich's, shame the Barnum Museum is still closed for repairs, that place is a must see for any Vibes attendant.. If it wasn't for ole Phineas Taylor Barnum there would be seaside park and in turn no Vibes ;)

#17 The Gator

The Gator
  • VibeTribe
  • 18 posts
  • LocationShoreline, Ct.

Posted 18 July 2012 - 03:13 PM

i didnt realize the museum was being renovated :angry1: :afro:

#18 BHB

BHB
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,903 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:18 PM

That suggestion would be like telling me to stick tire irons in my privates...even if someone payed me $50 a shot I would not drink that out of a monkey's rear end. Funny suggestion though!

the funny thing is I don't even drink Glenfiddich. never have. I just know their 18yr stuff is $$$$$. I almost want to try some to see how bad it is.

As for the vibes.... vodka, rum, coconut rum and beer have made the packing list cut. mmmm.