arrival time and camping location..?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 u.s.blues

u.s.blues
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,321 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:04 PM

so, it looks like i'm camping in general population. my arrival time on thursday is up in the air...either early morning or late afternoon...am i correct in thinking that the later i arrive the further away from the stage i will be camped..? you know would a 6ishpm arrival on thursday land me way out on the west end..? last vibes i did was boardie camping...prior to that i was in the baseball fields which was fine...but that was like '07...i suspect it's gotten a bit bigger since then...

#2 The Gator

The Gator
  • VibeTribe
  • 18 posts
  • LocationShoreline, Ct.

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:08 PM

if you're in gen pop then i'm in the hole

#3 jimbo02816

jimbo02816
  • VibeTribe
  • 636 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:58 PM

NO....we got there early last year and got a shitty camping spot in a field across from Midwest Beach. People who came in later were led closer to the stage to park. I was not too happy to say the least. I've always believed first arrived, closest to stage but I don't know the logistics of such a large gathering.

#4 Eco

Eco
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,084 posts
  • LocationFoxboro MA

Posted 18 July 2012 - 03:16 AM

Jimbo, that was last year.....I would assume you have a good spot this year if you are staying in family/boardie/vip land. I'm thinking the west end is punishment for those who are not into forums/social media.

#5 jimbo02816

jimbo02816
  • VibeTribe
  • 636 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 18 July 2012 - 03:28 AM

Last year I had general camping and it basically sucked. 2010 had VIP had awesome time. VIP forever now.

#6 gootv

gootv
  • VibeTribe
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 01:14 AM

Wherever you are, you'll have a grand old time!