Photo
- - - - -

Anyone been to Jerryfest (renamed Steal Your Fest this year)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 NYCrckl

NYCrckl
  • VibeTribe
  • 75 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:02 AM

A friend of mine bought us tickets to this festival in PA the first weekend in August. I wouldn't normally go to another festival so soon after the Vibes, but he's pushing it AND already bought the tickets. Has anyone here ever been to this festival before? It is called Steal Your Fest (odd name for sure) but was formally called Jerryfest. It certainly sounds like it would be a kind friendly crowd. What is it like, what are your opinions, what can I expect? I'm also really curious about the camping area. I know that its a small festival, which I really like the idea of going to - I would also like to know if camping is a little more spacious, or should I pack light like I have to at the Vibes. Thanks in advance for any info you can give me about this festival!

#2 Mindbender

Mindbender
  • VibeTribe
  • 190 posts
  • Locationby the waterside

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:45 PM

Posting to track - looks like fun.

#3 Cozmicchas99

Cozmicchas99
  • VibeTribe
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:29 PM

perhaps our experience was unique, but a bunch of meth-heads pulled in and camped next to us after we'd set up. they blasted music, drank beer, and were loud and obnoxious while partying all night. We broke down our camp and left the next morning. There didn't seem to be any kind of policing, so the local redneck kids came there to get f*cked up. They didn't care what else was going on. Guess it's just a crap shoot.

#4 NYCrckl

NYCrckl
  • VibeTribe
  • 75 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:52 AM

Was this the overall theme of the whole fest, or were you just unfortunate enough to be camped next to jerks? Out of the 10 GOTV I have been to, I have had to camp next to A-holes 50% of the time.

#5 NYCrckl

NYCrckl
  • VibeTribe
  • 75 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:12 PM

Wow. Not a lot of Vibes folks have gone to Jerryfest huh? I'm looking forward to going to this small festival - it sounds really laid back. Unfortunately there just isn't very much information about it. It's small, but going to be a lot cheaper than the Vibes - you can bring and much beer and water you want to the stage! ha ha The bands are smaller or local, but I listened to most of them on YouTube, and I liked what I heard. OH - and the selling point? If it rains, they have covered seating. But hey - with a name like Jerry Fest, what do I REALLY need to know other than its gonna be fun!

#6 Mindbender

Mindbender
  • VibeTribe
  • 190 posts
  • Locationby the waterside

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:41 PM

We're expecting a full report when you get back. :popcorn1:

#7 bigtoddy

bigtoddy
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:58 PM

I'm the house LD for this festival. Its a great weekend. Lots of good music. The rodeo is a good venue, with covered bleachers and a great stage, although some people don't like the dirt infield. Latenight inside is a huge building, last year was a washout on Saturday and the whole fest moved indoors. I love flushies and showers and whatnot. This is my 3rd year, it'll be a good time.