Weight Watchers

• Please log in to reply
506 replies to this topic

#401 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,705 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 02:28 PM

Turkey bacon is okay. Obviously regular bacon is just awesome. Turkey bacon works in a pinch...if anything, it's the texture that bugs me. :shocked:

#402 Slave Self Promoted

Slave Self Promoted
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,631 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 03:18 PM

it's definitely the texture. and the fact that it tastes like ass. :lol: i baked it, thinking it would make it crisper and baconier, but it was just awful. i'd rather chew on a 2x4. :funny1:

#403 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,936 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 03:21 PM

i'm on a diet and going through a dietician. high protein, low cal. it's been 2 weeks and i'm down a little more than 12 lbs. :crazy: would have been more if i didn't have a crazy love affair with ground beef 2 days before the weigh-in. :undecided: i just really really like red beef.
tried turkey bacon for the first time last night. will never try it again. :lol: gotta come to terms with the fact there are some things i just can't have.

:boogie:

#404 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,705 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 04:40 PM

it's definitely the texture. and the fact that it tastes like ass. :lol: i baked it, thinking it would make it crisper and baconier, but it was just awful. i'd rather chew on a 2x4. :funny1:

Mmm...2x4. :lol:

I don't think it tastes horrible. Just chewy. Bah. :lol:

#405 fire_rocket

fire_rocket
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 12:27 PM

Oscar Mayer is the only turkey bacon we will eat. That Jenni-O crap is why you may not have liked it, if that's the kind you tried.

We cook it nice and long until it gets crispy. I don't like any other bacon now; regular is way too fatty and greasy for me!

#406 SunshineDrummer

SunshineDrummer

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 12,277 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 01:41 AM

Stayed even this week. Would have liked to see a loss, even a small one but I fell off the wagon once or twice, so even is good.

And Trader Joe's has an uncured turkey bacon that's become my favorite. I still eat regular bacon, but the TJ's turkey is pretty damn good.

#407 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,705 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 01:49 PM

Down .5 for the week. HMPH. :ravn:

Followed and tracked really well, stayed on track over the weekend, walked the dog EVERY DAY. Wtf. :tapfoot:

Happy Monday. :one:

#408 gotroot801

gotroot801

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 03:00 PM

Down .5 for the week. HMPH. :ravn:

Followed and tracked really well, stayed on track over the weekend, walked the dog EVERY DAY. Wtf. :tapfoot:

Happy Monday. :one:

Better down than up.

#409 fire_rocket

fire_rocket
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 03:18 PM

Georgi- I gained 4 pounds last week. In one week. :bang: I know I wasn't that good but I wasn't THAT bad. I attribute it to using a different scale my first week back after vacation (couldn't make the at work meeting so I went elsewhere) and then last week was a wake up call on my normal scale. Did that get my ass back in gear? Sure, somewhat, but I still kind of just did what I wanted this weekend.

I do SO much better at losing weight during the year than summertime. It's so hard with BBQs and beer etc. I was good this weekend though and only had 1 beer, and we were at parties all weekend.

#410 Slave Self Promoted

Slave Self Promoted
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,631 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 04:49 PM

only down 2 this week. :undecided: i did really well while i was away for the weekend, but snapped last night and finished lily's burrito. it was screaming EAT ME EAT ME EAT ME and i listened. totally dumb thing to do when i knew i was being weighed this morning. i just keep telling myself it's a lifestyle change and i'm not expecting myself to make the switch overnight. still averaging 5 lbs a week, which isn't bad, and i was told to expect to lose 20 lbs over the 8 week session, which is only 5 lbs more than what i've lost the first 3 weeks. i'm doing good.

stupid, sexy, delicious, unhealthy food. :lol:

#411 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,705 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 05:12 PM

I know a little is better than none. It just pisses me off that I'm not seeing faster results. :lol:

Especially since we were good and didn't get Chinese food or anything! Bah!

I do feel my pants feeling looser, so maybe I'm losing inches instead of pounds? I dunno.

Can't I just be skinny and fit without all this effort? :rolling: Is that asking too much?

#412 Slave Self Promoted

Slave Self Promoted
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,631 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 06:13 PM

i noticed a big difference in cleavage when i was wearing my bathing suit this weekend. :lol: thank friggin' goodness, cause my back has been killing me. :lol:
the pants i wore yesterday were so loose, that even when i tightened my belt, they'd fall off my ass if i wasn't careful. i had to ask jay to carry all the stuff in my pockets for me.

i just need to stop half-assing the rules. and eating the nasty fucking protein supplements. :mryuck: it's so hard. the first couple bites, i think "this isn't so bad. i can do this." then the next couple it's "goddamn this is gross, but i can still go it." next couple turns to "just muscle through it jenny.", then lily asks for bites and i just give the rest to her. :lmao: it's a mental mind game that i never seem to be able to win. :lol: luckily, they also have pasta and chili that serves as a supplement (as opposed to chocolate dipped pretend sweet bars, which are pure hell to people that don't like chocolate. fatties reeeeeeeeeally like chocolate, it seems) and i can douse that in hot sauce and muscle through it more. :lol:

#413 fire_rocket

fire_rocket
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 12:56 PM

Can't I just be skinny and fit without all this effort? :rolling: Is that asking too much?

Oh my God. I wish life were like that! I have a feeling I'll be on this up/down/maintenance thing forever, or at least I know I'll always have to be careful and keep up the exercise.

#414 KittyKindBud

KittyKindBud
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 01:22 PM

When I really want to lose weight ..... I try not to drink alcohol....and try not to eat anything after 7:30 PM

#415 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,936 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 02:57 PM

When I really want to lose weight ..... I try not to drink alcohol....and try not to eat anything after 7:30 PM

This is what works for me!

#416 SunshineDrummer

SunshineDrummer

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 12,277 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 04:45 PM

I do feel my pants feeling looser, so maybe I'm losing inches instead of pounds? I dunno.

If you're working out, then yes... its a possibility since you're toning your body.

Yes. :lol:

If it were that easy, we'd all be thin!

#417 KittyKindBud

KittyKindBud
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 02:55 AM

This is what works for me!

The worst part of it is that at night - on TV - all those restaurant commercials come on and I get hungry!

I HAVE to exercise and do my yoga / toning every day just to make my body feel good....in between Vibes and Bears I got a little lazy and my body just did not feel right...

#418 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,705 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 04:48 PM

If you're working out, then yes... its a possibility since you're toning your body.

Yes. :lol:

If it were that easy, we'd all be thin!

We've been walking every day. I dunno. It's pissing me off. :lol:

#419 fire_rocket

fire_rocket
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 05:23 PM

Phew- down 2.2 to bring my total loss to 12.2. :lol: Just a few months ago I was *this* close to hitting 20. ahhhh... summer and your evil ways! :wink:

#420 KittyKindBud

KittyKindBud
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 05:43 PM

Phew- down 2.2 to bring my total loss to 12.2. :lol: Just a few months ago I was *this* close to hitting 20. ahhhh... summer and your evil ways! :wink:

Yea for you!!! Summer is when I gain weight too...........sunshine, VT ponds and alcohol go hand in hand

#421 Slave Self Promoted

Slave Self Promoted
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,631 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 05:55 PM

if any of you ladies have a wii, i recommend trying out just dance. we have just dance 2 and that shit gets you sweating!!! it's not all teeny bopper music. mack even sings elvis thanks to it. :lol: it's my go-to exercise on rainy or oppressively hot days. :mrgreen:

#422 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,936 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 06:01 PM

The worst part of it is that at night - on TV - all those restaurant commercials come on and I get hungry!

I HAVE to exercise and do my yoga / toning every day just to make my body feel good....in between Vibes and Bears I got a little lazy and my body just did not feel right...

Evil TV :lol:

#423 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,705 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 06:11 PM

We have a Wii. We also have Wii Fit and EA Active. All Wii items are collecting dust in the basket next to the TV in the living room. :lol:

#424 SunshineDrummer

SunshineDrummer

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 12,277 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 06:40 PM

We've been walking every day. I dunno. It's pissing me off. :lol:

We all hit plateaus from time to time. Patience, grasshopper.

#425 Slave Self Promoted

Slave Self Promoted
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,631 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 08:46 PM

We have a Wii. We also have Wii Fit and EA Active. All Wii items are collecting dust in the basket next to the TV in the living room. :lol:

:lol: i gave my wii to mack so it's in her room now. was ok with that until we got her just dance 2. now i'm jealous that i have to take turns with her when she doesn't want to battle. :lol:

#426 DupsDulurse

DupsDulurse
  • VibeTribe
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 10:26 AM

Shame.
I have the same situation as your own.

#427 Slave Self Promoted

Slave Self Promoted
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,631 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 01:00 PM

Shame.
I have the same situation as your own.

:funny1:

#428 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,705 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 01:11 PM

Wtf is that all about? :huh:

#429 Slave Self Promoted

Slave Self Promoted
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,631 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 02:27 PM

spammer. :funny1:

#430 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,705 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 04:42 PM

I figured. :lol:

It caught me off guard. :funny1:

#431 SunshineDrummer

SunshineDrummer

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 12,277 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 03:55 PM

Just trying to breathe some life into this thread. Well... that and I've been struggling lately & will accept any ideas and/or support my fellow WW folks might be inclined to pass my way. :)

Feel like I need to give my workouts a boost and also find more indoorsy stuff to do since winter's a-comin'. So I ordered Jillian Michaels' 30-Day Shred DVD. My best guess is it'll either help me or put me in the hospital. That remains to be seen. :lol:

Hope everyone's doing well. :)

#432 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,936 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 04:27 PM

Hey Mel :)

I don't do WW but I definitely need to lose the 15 lbs I put on in the past three years...
This thread always inspires me and gives me great ideas!

As for workouts, I've been doing the eliptical at the gym for 45-60 minutes and just started with the weights again. I have bursitis in my should so it's a bit tricky to do the upper body work!

#433 fire_rocket

fire_rocket
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 06:50 PM

I always think about this thread.... :lol:

It was a rough end of summer and early fall for me, I kept gaining and gaining and gaining. Last night I weighed in and for the first time in weeks I lost weight- 3 pounds! Now I am re-focused and re-energized. My new goal is to lose 5 pounds before Thanksgiving. :wink:

#434 KittyKindBud

KittyKindBud
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 12:03 PM

I always think about this thread.... :lol:

It was a rough end of summer and early fall for me, I kept gaining and gaining and gaining. Last night I weighed in and for the first time in weeks I lost weight- 3 pounds! Now I am re-focused and re-energized. My new goal is to lose 5 pounds before Thanksgiving. :wink:

That's great!! I am afraid to go on the scale right now....and there is Halloween Candy in my cabinets right now!!!

I am going to try to cut down on bread - I do not do WW either, but this thread does inspire me....

#435 KittyKindBud

KittyKindBud
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 12:04 PM

I NEVER go on the scale in the evening....only in the AM with no clothes on !!!

#436 SunshineDrummer

SunshineDrummer

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 12,277 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 01:53 PM

Well, my Jillian Michaels DVD arrived yesterday so this weekend I'm going to start. If you don't hear from me by Monday afternoon, feel free to assume that I'm in traction in a Long Island hospital.

Feel free to send flowers. No candy, please. :funny1:

#437 Nuthatch

Nuthatch
  • VibeTribe
  • 625 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 06:46 PM

That's great!! I am afraid to go on the scale right now....and there is Halloween Candy in my cabinets right now!!!I am going to try to cut down on bread - I do not do WW either, but this thread does inspire me....

FYI- Halloween Points Plus Values (sampling)

heath bar snack size-7 pts
caramel apple 10 pts
M&M peanuts fun size-1 pkg- 3pts
candy corn, 20 pcs-4pts
charms blow pop, 1 pop-2 pts....
happy Halloween!!!!!!

#438 fire_rocket

fire_rocket
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 06:18 PM

I'm still going strong with WW. I tried to weigh in at my hometown last Wednesday; I got to the meeting and it was apparently cancelled although nobody updated the library where the meeting was being held. :undecided:

I weighed in last night and have stayed exactly the same weight since 11/9. I really overdid it T-giving weekend and afterwards so I was extremely psyched to see that number. I'm back on track for this week and then I leave for Nicaragua next Friday. I won't be doing any tracking while I'm there so who knows what will happen when I return? :funny1: Usually on vacation I'm so busy I don't eat as much. This will be an active vacation and I'm not sure what the food will be like. Anything can happen.

In other news I understand that the PP program is changing up a bit next week. I got a sneak peek at some of the changes and while I don't fully understand them it sounds interesting. The best thing I learned is that if you're a monthly pass member right now the cost is $39.95. In a week the price will go to $42.95, but if you're a current member you will keep the $39.95 price until you cancel your membership.

#439 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,621 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 12:24 AM

I fell off the weight watchers tracking wagon for a few months.....

Now I am back... been tracking but need to go to meeting and find out about the new changes....

Why do i only have 26 points :shocked:

#440 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,621 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 03:05 PM

So as I was cooking my egg white omelet I realized that I have made some major changes in my life in the past year.

I must say that Weight Watchers really has taught me how to live a healthier life style.... I cook with so many fresh fruits and vegetables, choosing egg whites vs. traditional eggs with yolks.

I am more aware of what i shop for and what not to shop for.

Thank you Don and Mel for inspiring me to make the first steps! :clapping:

#441 fire_rocket

fire_rocket
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 02:01 PM

Good for you! That's the beauty of WW - that you make life long changes.

The thing with 26 points now is the new points plus 2012 program. They were finding that many people couldn't eat 29 points every day (I never had that problem LOL) so it's now a flexible plan where you can eat 26 or 29 points per day. The point of the program now is to make it YOUR program and find out what works for you.

Personally I didn't get any points change or anything, but apparently I can eat 29 or 32 points in any one day. You still also get your 49 weekly points. I haven't read the info or fully dove in yet, but I'm on track for 2012.

#442 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,621 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 07:29 PM

I went flexible and changed my plan to the 29 points.

I have to make sure that I do not eat more than my 29 points most days. :wink:

#443 SunshineDrummer

SunshineDrummer

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 12,277 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 03:13 PM

I'm sticking with the 26 points since it seems to be working a little better for me. At 29, the scale wasn't really moving for me and I was getting all kinds of frustrated, especially since I'd been doing all the right things. So when my leader explained the 2012 changes, I decided to try doing 26 and it worked out fine. I lost consistently for 2-3 weeks.

Then Christmas rolled around and I went tumbling off the wagon. :blush: :lol:

#444 fire_rocket

fire_rocket
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:00 PM

:funny1: No surprise there! :wink: I can't imagine anyone actually staying on track over the holidays.

I skipped last Wednesday's meeting due to sleet and freezing rain, so I'm not sure yet how I did over Xmas/NYE. According to my home scale I went up a tad but that's to be expected. :dance:

I'm just happy to be back on track now so that's what's important to me.

#445 SunshineDrummer

SunshineDrummer

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 12,277 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:37 PM

I know I'm up, just afraid to find out how much. Guess Saturday morning will tell the tale. :undecided:

#446 fire_rocket

fire_rocket
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 01:58 PM

I gained one pound. The lady looked at me with a sad look and I laughed and said "that's not so bad!" LOL Coulda been a lot worse.

#447 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,621 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 02:11 PM

I figure I'll stay at 29 while I'm adjusting to tracking again as I adjust the amount of food I'm eating.

Once I'm good on that in a few weeks I'll go down.

#448 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,705 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 03:15 PM

I've gained 6! :cheerleader:

I'll be back in this thread after June 16, 2012. :lol:

#449 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,621 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 02:54 PM

OMG I had no idea that Lobster was sooooooo many points. :huh:

I still ate it, used up all my activity and extra points.

I think today's weight in is going to be very very bad for me :lol:

#450 fire_rocket

fire_rocket
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 02:24 PM

I thought lobster was relatively low in points, it's the butter that really makes it bad? :undecided: