I'm sad my points went from 31 to 30. :lol:

#152 SunshineDrummer

SunshineDrummer

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 12,446 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 03:56 PM

Yay Georgi!! :jump:

I totally suck today. PMS plus lousy weather plus a crappy commute is making me crave junk food.

#153 fire_rocket

fire_rocket
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 04:37 PM

That's great Georgi!

Our meeting tomorrow just got cancelled b/c of the snow. I'm so bummed but I guess next week I'll show 2 weeks worth of weight loss. :huh:

#154 fire_rocket

fire_rocket
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 09:04 PM

I'm not looking forward to that day for me... :wink:

#155 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,675 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 10:19 PM

My camera man was sad when his went down one point... he has 40 something points... I want that many points. I am freaking hungry!

but good job on being a looser! :wink:

#156 foo

foo
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,983 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 01:11 AM

Yeah I switched programs when I was about to go down a point & instead gained 9!:funny1:

#157 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,675 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 11:21 PM

I can't stop eating chocolate today... I had a Hershey bar and chocolate covered almonds! Help!!!! :dunno:

#158 SunshineDrummer

SunshineDrummer

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 12,446 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 09:16 PM

I've had the worst week. Home sick for a few days = very bad food choices. :sad:

I'm planning to go to my meeting tomorrow but I don't know if I'll WI or not. I know I should just take my lumps & see what the damage is, but I usually get on the scale every week so I don't feel bad about skipping one.

#159 SunshineDrummer

SunshineDrummer

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 12,446 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 05:07 PM

So I changed my mind & got on the scale today. Up a pound which isn't as bad as I thought it would be. Still need to hit the reset button & find some motivation though. I'm really floundering lately.

#160 foo

foo
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,983 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 05:44 PM

Well Feb 1st was my goal date.... I wore the pants I wanted to fit into yesterday.... since it was my birthday week I ate everything I wanted ... I am up 2.2! hehehe ate out 3 times this week and made bad choices EVERY TIME!!! I brought home the left over cake from work and the extra cupcakes I brought in!!!!...:funny1: I even had Mcdonalds for breakfast! Damn I had 2 ice creams last nght! BTW red robin burgers are great and the onion soup with lots of melted cheese rocked! I guess when I "go off" I do it right!

This was my 1st real + week so I am OK with it!

I am now back on program and will see a -1.0 per week! :smile:
fruit & egg beaters for breakfast for me today. I am back on board. the pants I fit into now need to have NO muffin top:funny1:

#161 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,675 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 01:19 AM

I am afraid to get on the scale no matter what.... I am so tired of being fat. I am so upset that I put all this weight on again.
But I am starting to make better choices again and I hope I see the results soon. :clapping:

#162 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,751 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 06:06 PM

I am having gluten free fettuccine alfredo for lunch today. We are going out for my mother in law's birthday! :clapping:

I'm sure that will be like, 100 points. :lmao:

Eh, you only live once. I am going to enjoy it! :)

#163 gotroot801

gotroot801

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 07:04 PM

Still need to hit the reset button & find some motivation though. I'm really floundering lately.

My reset-button-mashing worked - down an even 3 pounds from last week. I'm still above goal, but at least I'm heading in the right direction.

Weather's nice today - go for a walk and admire all the melting snow. :grin:

#164 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,675 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 09:03 PM

So I lost 2 lbs this week.... I am now down 6lbs!

I guess I made my first milestone :wink: :crazy:

#165 fire_rocket

fire_rocket
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 01:42 PM

Great job GM!!! I'm holding steady (steadily down anyway) on my home scale and have been working out quite a bit. Wednesday will be my first weigh in in 2 weeks so I'm thinking it should be good. Although Saturday and Sunday were both pretty much a wash for me- did good all day Saturday until I was going to a kids event Sat. night and planned to eat dinner afterwards. I ended up going out after instead so got a beer and an awesome plate of cheese and crackers late night. Then yesterday was just pretty much that I couldn't eat enough to fill me up so we went out dinner. We got garlic knots and a nice salad, then ate pizza. I only ate 2 slices but still that wasn't good. oh well.

#166 SunshineDrummer

SunshineDrummer

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 12,446 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 03:26 PM

Weather's nice today - go for a walk and admire all the melting snow. :grin:

Does fighting your way through the hordes at the supermaket count? Because that's all I had the energy for yesterday. (stupid me for going there on Superbowl Sunday. D'oh!!) I walked out of there feeling like I'd just taken a kickboxing class.

#167 gotroot801

gotroot801

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 04:28 PM

Does fighting your way through the hordes at the supermaket count? Because that's all I had the energy for yesterday. (stupid me for going there on Superbowl Sunday. D'oh!!) I walked out of there feeling like I'd just taken a kickboxing class.

If you actually threw elbows, it might count.

But, yeah, this was a bad weekend to do any kind of shopping, and of course we had to. BJs in Valley Stream looked like a riot broke out in the cheese section...

#168 SunshineDrummer

SunshineDrummer

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 12,446 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 03:23 PM

BJs in Valley Stream looked like a riot broke out in the cheese section...

OMG.. you braved BJ's on Super Bowl Sunday?? :shocked:

Any elbows?

#169 gotroot801

gotroot801

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 07:36 PM

OMG.. you braved BJ's on Super Bowl Sunday?? :shocked:

Any elbows?

No, just penne. *rimshot*

#170 SunshineDrummer

SunshineDrummer

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 12,446 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:42 PM

:funny1:

#171 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,675 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 12:48 AM

I'm to tired to workout..... I have been coming home and falling down tired.....

But I would think that teaching has to be some kind of activity points :huh:

#172 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,751 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 04:13 PM

No, just penne. *rimshot*

:lol:

#173 Erinisme

Erinisme
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationJersey Fresh

Posted 09 February 2011 - 06:13 PM

I'm to tired to workout..... I have been coming home and falling down tired.....

But I would think that teaching has to be some kind of activity points :huh:

Teaching is all sorts of points in my book...you're on your feet all day and talking.

You'll be more exhausted this year then ever...it does get easy as you learn to adjust.....eventually....

#174 fire_rocket

fire_rocket
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 06:27 PM

Down 1.4. Not great since it's been 2 weeks since I weighed in, but like I said in a previous post I definitely was'nt good over the weekend.

I'm going to the seapods Friday night and am trying to figure out my strategy. I'll try and eat dinner before leaving even though we're going out to eat once we get there. I always say I'll try and not drink too much beer but I know myself and I will drink beer all night long if I can. And I know I'm gonna be feeling it so I'm trying to figure out what to do. There's just something about drinking beer and partying with friends ya know??!?

Also I'm sure we'll get breakfast the next day which could be tough on me. Ugh. It's so easy to be on track when I'm at home and not going out!!

#175 SunshineDrummer

SunshineDrummer

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 12,446 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 06:42 PM

Today is one of those days when its tough to stay on program. Turned down pizza & cupcakes for lunch and am having what I brought from home instead... couscous with roasted vegetables.

sigh.....

I damn well better have a loss this week! :lol:

#176 foo

foo
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,983 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 10:35 PM

one of my students gave me a big chocolate kiss today I open & ate some of it:bang:
BUT sure did taste great!

#177 sure-ur-rightdancer

sure-ur-rightdancer
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 04:58 AM

fire rocket.... not sure if you are willing to switch from beer to mixed drinks but I basically gave up beer a few years ago in favor of vodka seltzer and to make it even better for me (and make it a little harder for me to get totally smashed) I drink talls -- it isn't a double but it is served in a pint glass w extra seltzer water - so still one shot of vodka but with 2 x the seltzer (or same idea if you did rum/jack and diet coke) it cuts down the calories because in the time it takes you to drink one drink most people will have two... so you have less alcohol, get less drunk, don't get that late night pizza, and don't feel like crap the next morning and "need" a bacon egg and cheese bagel

if not another "trick" is to force yourself to do a glass of water in between each beer

#178 Joe

Joe
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 10 February 2011 - 02:02 PM

I tried WW in the past and it didn't really work for me. It worked for some family members but like most people I went back to my bad habits after. Recently I really became fed up with how I was feeling as a whole and the choices of food I was eating. I had to do something to get off the yoyo diet life. Since the new year I have become more active, I'm better with portion control, and most of all I am generally making better choices with what I eat. So far since January I have lost 8lbs, went down one pants size, and over all my body feels less sluggish. I also notice when I fall a little off the rocker my body reacts negatively. That feeling alone makes me want to stay on track. With WW I learned what real portions were and to watch what I put in my body. In the end following WW's exact plan wasn't right for me but I think it's a good guide line to a healthier life.

Then again what do I know I've only lost 8lbs, I have a long way to go.

#179 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,751 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 03:32 PM

Rich found a great website last night with GLUTEN FREE weight watcher recipes, that are also points plus values! :woot:

I've been getting bored of our usual dinner menu, so I'm pretty excited to try some new things. :crazy:

#180 fire_rocket

fire_rocket
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 05:01 PM

Carla thanks for the idea! I always stay away from mixed drinks b/c of the sugar content but I can do seltzer. I imagine with a flavored vodka it could taste pretty good? Or I could get a splash of some juice in there to give it some flavor. I'm gonna give it a try.

My friend made some special rice krispie treats so I may just stick with that stuff so I don't drink as much. :lol:

#181 Joe

Joe
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 10 February 2011 - 08:59 PM

I found using these Noodles is a good substitute for pasta and rice, plus they are 0 cals. They really take on any flavor you mix with them and buy them self they aren't bad either.

http://www.miracleno...l-products.html

#182 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,751 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 09:29 PM

Those scare me a little. I've read that they can taste fishy if you don't rinse them well enough! :eek:

I bought them months ago...and forgot about them in the fridge. :lol: I had to throw them out. :crook:

#183 SunshineDrummer

SunshineDrummer

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 12,446 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 09:39 PM

I tried those noodles and couldn't deal with the texture.... reminded me of chewing on gristle. But I know plenty of people who swear by them so they've gotta be doing something right!

#184 Joe

Joe
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 10 February 2011 - 09:41 PM

Those scare me a little. I've read that they can taste fishy if you don't rinse them well enough! :eek:

I don't know about scary :lol:.

You definitely need to rinse them well but then again your also boiling them. My first experience with them was making pasta primavera and it tasted great. Don't get me wrong it doesn't substitute like wheat pasta does, but for me it works.

#185 Erinisme

Erinisme
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationJersey Fresh

Posted 11 February 2011 - 12:56 AM

carla one of my favorite late night pizza runs was with you when jg stopped the car and told us to get out to get pizza so we'd shut up about how hungry we were LOL..

I drink stoli o and seltzer with the same trick as carla, only i find sometimes they put way too much vodka in it...so now i order a shot and a glass of setlzer and I mix it myself.

I enforce the water rule with wine now. I find that I don't get as drunk and the hang over is no longer an issue.

#186 fire_rocket

fire_rocket
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 02:18 PM

It sounds like those noodles are like the tofu shiritaki noodles - very low calories and fat, but the texture is a tad strange. Plus they're also oddly fishy. :lol: I used them in a Hungry Girl recipe and they weren't bad, but next time I'll skip the noodles all together.

#187 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,675 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 01:46 PM

This week I didn't track my food that well. I still tried to make healthy choices but I got lazy and did not put all my food into my phone :undecided:

I weigh in tomorrow so ill see if I was able to keep myself under control..... :spank:

#188 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,675 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 01:49 PM

if not another "trick" is to force yourself to do a glass of water in between each beer

I try to always drink water between my drinks... that way I don't get drunk as well as have a hangover.

I am glad i don't like beer... but vodka still sucks up my points :cool:

#189 SunshineDrummer

SunshineDrummer

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 12,446 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 03:57 PM

OK, head finally removed from ass. Down 3 pounds this week. Yay! :ura1:

#190 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,675 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 04:14 PM

OK, head finally removed from ass. Down 3 pounds this week. Yay! :ura1:

:boogie: :jamguy: :dance: :clapping: :Phishfolk:

I have a question maybe someone can answer: Smuckers Sugar Free Preserves has a label that says the following
Diet Exchange: 1 Tbs Equals 1 Free food exchange

Does that mean no points? It is a fat free jam but has 5g of Carbs?

#191 Erinisme

Erinisme
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationJersey Fresh

Posted 13 February 2011 - 12:06 AM

1 Free food exchange I believe refers to diabetics..they have this whole 1 starch/protein/etc scale

#192 foo

foo
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,983 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 03:55 PM

-3.7:cool:
but i did drink 2 small bottles of Champagne last night!:undecided:

#193 SunshineDrummer

SunshineDrummer

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 12,446 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 05:10 PM

:boogie: :jamguy: :dance: :clapping: :Phishfolk:

I have a question maybe someone can answer: Smuckers Sugar Free Preserves has a label that says the following
Diet Exchange: 1 Tbs Equals 1 Free food exchange

Does that mean no points? It is a fat free jam but has 5g of Carbs?

That info isn't related to points. I looked and its not in the Food Companion book, so your best bet is to use the calculator to figure it out.

#194 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,675 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 06:28 PM

So my head was up my ass thus week. I gained .08 lbs.

Well I need to stay focused and loose loose loose!

#195 SunshineDrummer

SunshineDrummer

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 12,446 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 06:31 PM

I'm sorry GMoon. :heart:

But its not a huge gain, so don't dwell on it. Do what you have to to get your focus back & you'll be rid of that .8 before you know it! :v:

#196 Erinisme

Erinisme
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationJersey Fresh

Posted 13 February 2011 - 07:40 PM

i found when i first started teaching I didn't drink nearly enough water. take your weight and divide it by 2 that's how many ounces you should be drinking daily :)

#197 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,751 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 02:11 PM

My weigh in is tomorrow, but I felt like hopping on this morning. Down 3 lbs! :eek: :dance:

#198 Joe

Joe
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 14 February 2011 - 03:15 PM

This weekend was a fail for me. Going to wine fest and friend visiting that really enjoys good beer didn't help me at all. At least I wont have any distractions with my diet till my ski trip in March.

#199 fire_rocket

fire_rocket
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 07:56 PM

My weigh in is tomorrow, but I felt like hopping on this morning. Down 3 lbs! :eek: :dance:

Yay!!! I got on this morning too and felt heavier but I was down 2.5. :clapping: Let's see if it comes true for me Wednesday afternoon.

#200 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,751 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 01:26 PM

I really wish I could break out of my being lazy on the couch phase. Stupid winter. I really want to be outside and take the dogs for a walk and get some fresh air! We have an exercise bike, but...I'm lazy. :lol:

I have 10 yoga dvd's I could use. But I'm lazy. :lol:

I need to break out of being lazy! I'm excited I can still lose weight by not exercising, though. :lol: