• Please log in to reply
506 replies to this topic

#51 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,667 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 09:30 PM

Amy's GF rice mac & cheese is....7 points! :eek:

Good once in a while in a pinch, though. :)

I do miss the convenience of Lean Cuisine's. The swedish meatballs and BBQ chicken pizza were my FAVORITE!!! Bah!

#52 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 09:31 PM

Olive oil is really high in points :eek: A tbs is 4 points.... :huh:

#53 SunshineDrummer

SunshineDrummer

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 12,143 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 09:52 PM

Olive oil is really high in points :eek: A tbs is 4 points.... :huh:

Its one of the healthy oils though. WW recommends 2 tsps per day which (I think) works out to 2.5 pts.

#54 Erinisme

Erinisme
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,394 posts
  • LocationJersey Fresh

Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:42 PM

annie's natural's gingerly vinagerette :) So yummy and used to be 2 points a serving

#55 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:47 PM

Anyone know the points for Whole Foods tuna pasta salad?

#56 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,667 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 12:59 AM

Try to build the recipe in the online tools. That might give you an idea. I wish they would provide nutritional info on that stuff, or have it available on weight watchers when you search. Maybe someday! :)

#57 Erinisme

Erinisme
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,394 posts
  • LocationJersey Fresh

Posted 12 January 2011 - 01:18 AM

Whole foods probably has that info online..like the nutirritional facts

Anything with mayo you're better off making on your own IMO

#58 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 01:19 AM

I got the sushi info but no one was around to get me the salad bar charts.
You have to ask they have them in binders in the department.

#59 foo

foo
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 01:43 AM

so I was bummed when I stared thought I could never eat PB n J again... but I found bettter n peanut butter... it is 2 points (new program) per 2 tbs!
I use the polaner all fruit with fiber jelly 1 pt. (used to be zero!) for 1 tbs. That sandwich has saved my day on 1 point high fiber bread!
made me so happy to figure out how to still eat one of my comfort foods!
www.Betternpeanutbutter.com
www.allfruit.com
sometimes I just spend what seems like hours comparing lables/using calculator so I can find the lowest point/best choice!
ww was my choice but I do have a teenage kid and she weighs so little she still doesnt turn off the airbag on the passenger side! (yes i too used to be that skinny year & years ago! )
BTW the 1 pt bread is now 2pts

#60 foo

foo
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 01:55 AM

I have been going to trader joe's and
I am also looking for some good salad dressings..... I like Newman's Own and Drew's they are not bad on the points. Any suggestions would be awesome.

I would kill for a traders joe in Florida & or a whole foods near me!

So since we have such crappy stores in bumfuck Florida...
I have tried a bunch of the Kraft salad dressings
I liked the free thousand island only 1 pt for 2tbs
kraft Free Caesar also 1 pt for 2 tbs.
I bought the light roasted garlic/balsamic have not tried that one yet. 1pt

#61 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 01:58 AM

so I was bummed when I stared thought I could never eat PB n J again... but I found bettter n peanut butter... it is 2 points (new program) per 2 tbs!
I use the polaner all fruit with fiber jelly 1 pt. (used to be zero!) for 1 tbs. That sandwich has saved my day on 1 point high fiber bread!
made me so happy to figure out how to still eat one of my comfort foods!
www.Betternpeanutbutter.com
www.allfruit.com
sometimes I just spend what seems like hours comparing lables/using calculator so I can find the lowest point/best choice!
ww was my choice but I do have a teenage kid and she weighs so little she still doesnt turn off the airbag on the passenger side! (yes i too used to be that skinny year & years ago! )
BTW the 1 pt bread is now 2pts

the sugar free with Fiber is 0 points! I have always enjoyed Polaner

#62 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 01:59 AM

So since we have such crappy stores in bumfuck Florida...

Where in Florida do you live? I grew up in Florida..... Publix has some great organics and natural foods

#63 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,667 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 10:29 AM

Foo, what is the brand of peanut butter? Better n' butter?

#64 fire_rocket

fire_rocket
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 03:43 PM

My first stinking meeting today is cancelled. :bang: I've been SO ready to start since January 1 and now I have to wait another week!!!!!!!!

I need a new calculator and to figure out how many points a day I should eat. I'm bummed. I've already been eating healthier in preparation for this but am just bummed I can't start today.

#65 gotroot801

gotroot801

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 04:38 PM

My first stinking meeting today is cancelled. :bang: I've been SO ready to start since January 1 and now I have to wait another week!!!!!!!!

Nothing says you can't go to a different meeting...

For the record, I'm holding off 95 pounds. Started two years ago with my wife (who's holding off about 20 pounds herself), made goal last February, made lifetime last March, just in time for my birthday.

#66 Erinisme

Erinisme
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,394 posts
  • LocationJersey Fresh

Posted 13 January 2011 - 04:39 PM

These meetings are at her work I do believe. So yes she can find another meeting,but it's so much easier to do it at work...and it might be discounted since its through work???

#67 gotroot801

gotroot801

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 06:14 PM

These meetings are at her work I do believe. So yes she can find another meeting,but it's so much easier to do it at work...and it might be discounted since its through work???

I didn't catch that. Good point.

#68 fire_rocket

fire_rocket
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 06:54 PM

Exactly- and since I'm paying through it via work I'm not going to pay for it anywhere else. Once I start the work program I can go elsewhere but until then I'm stuck, which is why I haven't started it elsewhere on my own.

Oh well, it worked out well since we had a big company luncheon today and I could fully enjoy the gourmet mac and cheese, pork tenderloin, and maple pudding. yumm.....

#69 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 07:58 PM

Some times it's hard to make the right choice.

I'm eating a spiniach salad to ensure I get some vegetables. Not my favorite salad but it's what I have in the house.

I have a meeting on Saturday. It will be my second. I'll see if I have had any improvement.

#70 foo

foo
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 12:32 AM

Where in Florida do you live? I grew up in Florida..... Publix has some great organics and natural foods

I am 1/2 hour above Tampa & I have a ok pulix near me and a great one I LOVE on Rt 19 thats about 15 minutes from me. It's just that I pass 10 other grocery stores on the way there...But I do make it a point every now and then to shop in the "big" one. On Friday nights they even have a sushi chef making sushi to order!:eek:

#71 foo

foo
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 12:33 AM

Foo, what is the brand of peanut butter? Better n' butter?

Yes, have you tried it? I think it's a great alternative.

#72 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,667 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 02:18 AM

Rich cut pineapple for me and it burnt the roof of my mouth. :(

BAH!

#73 gotroot801

gotroot801

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 01:40 PM

Rich cut pineapple for me and it burnt the roof of my mouth. :(

BAH!

He shouldn't have soaked it in rum and lit it on fire, then. :lol:

I love fresh pineapple enough that the **** burn is worth it. But I'm weird like that...

#74 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,667 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 02:45 PM

The weird thing is, it's never bothered me before EVER! Pineapple, eggplant. Rich is usually the one crying that he can't eat that stuff. Both him and his brother can't eat stuff like that, unless their Mother prepares it. She usually soaks the shit out of eggplant so it won't burn them. :)

I just thought it was really weird that it happened to me the other night. I had a sip of milk and just held it in my mouth. It was very uncomfortable!!! :lol:

#75 SunshineDrummer

SunshineDrummer

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 12,143 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 03:11 PM

He shouldn't have soaked it in rum and lit it on fire, then. :lol:

:thup: :lol:

#76 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 03:56 PM

I'm only down .8 lbs. :sad:

I wanted at least a full pound.

#77 Erinisme

Erinisme
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,394 posts
  • LocationJersey Fresh

Posted 15 January 2011 - 04:34 PM

down is better than up.

Remember your clothing is going to make a difference too.

I suggest even if you're doing weigh ins at the meeting to do them at home as well naked...that way you get a true measure (unless you wear the exact same outfit each week....)

#78 SunshineDrummer

SunshineDrummer

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 12,143 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 12:14 AM

Its still a loss even if its a small one. And they do add up!

#79 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,667 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 12:22 AM

Any loss counts! Woo hoo! Good job, GM!

After doing research on my weight tracker, I realized I had lost 7 lbs. since the last time I tracked, not the last week. WHOOPS. I think it actually equaled 3 lbs. lost in that week.

We had tacos tonight for dinner, and I am currently enjoying a glass of pinot grigio (or as I like to call it...pinot georgio!)

#80 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 02:04 PM

Yeah I think i'll take that loss.

This week I am a little less active but come Thursday and I start student teaching I have this really big hill I have to walk to get to the school so my activity will increase again.

I just want to be healthy again and not feel like a cow :cow:

#81 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 02:19 PM

I was so hungry last night. Went over my points by 4. Did that the night before too. I'm trying not to use the extra points unless i just can't help it.

Today is rough. I have the cake tasting for my wedding. I'm excited that it's going to be sugar free.

#82 gotroot801

gotroot801

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 03:17 PM

I'm only down .8 lbs. :sad:

I wanted at least a full pound.

Two things to remember:

1.) It's a marathon, not a sprint.

2.) 0.8 pounds per week works out to 40 pounds in a year.

Be as proud of yourself as we are of you. :grin:

#83 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 04:18 PM

Thanks... I love you too :heart:

#84 Erinisme

Erinisme
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,394 posts
  • LocationJersey Fresh

Posted 18 January 2011 - 04:19 PM

It's okay to go over points, but do a few situps to counter act...run up your building's stairs once or twice.

Doing a few simple yoga poses in the morning really gets the blood flowing and your body to burn calories faster.

#85 SunshineDrummer

SunshineDrummer

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 12,143 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 04:33 PM

I was so hungry last night. Went over my points by 4. Did that the night before too. I'm trying not to use the extra points unless i just can't help it.

Its OK, that's what the extra points are ther for. I've had weeks where I've used all my points plus all my extras & still did well.

#86 fire_rocket

fire_rocket
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 01:57 PM

Today is finally my first meeting!! I'm glad that I had an extra week before starting although after weighing myself this morning it is definitely time to buckle down and get serious.

#87 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,667 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 02:00 PM

:woot:

#88 fire_rocket

fire_rocket
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 07:47 PM

Wow. Good thing I joined. My weight is atrocious!!!!

It doesn't help that it's in the middle of the day in winter so I'm wearing heavy clothes. My meeting is also at 1pm so I have to eat something before that. I usually chug water all day so that's another tough thing. I guess I'll wear the same clothes every week and try not to drink so much on Wednesday mornings. :undecided:

But I have all my materials, know how many points to eat per day, and got a little calculator to figure out how many points my favorite foods are. It can only get better from here! :wink:

#89 SunshineDrummer

SunshineDrummer

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 12,143 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 11:09 PM

Good luck! :v:

#90 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 01:54 AM

I'm hear for you too!

#91 gotroot801

gotroot801

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 03:53 PM

It doesn't help that it's in the middle of the day in winter so I'm wearing heavy clothes. My meeting is also at 1pm so I have to eat something before that. I usually chug water all day so that's another tough thing. I guess I'll wear the same clothes every week and try not to drink so much on Wednesday mornings. :undecided:

I always get a chuckle out of my clothing decisions on meeting day when the transition from summer to fall starts: "OK, it's only 55 degrees out, but it's going to get up to 65, so I can totally wear shorts, right? They weigh less..."

My first weigh-in was terrible, too, but once I got over the sticker shock I realized I was weighing in while wearing heavy boots. The next week, I took my shoes off before weighing in. And that's what I do every week now... :)

#92 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,667 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 04:03 PM

I weigh in before getting in the shower. NO CLOTHES! I guess that's the good thing of tracking online. haha

#93 SunshineDrummer

SunshineDrummer

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 12,143 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 04:24 PM

I always get a chuckle out of my clothing decisions on meeting day when the transition from summer to fall starts: "OK, it's only 55 degrees out, but it's going to get up to 65, so I can totally wear shorts, right? They weigh less..."

I thought I was the only one who did stuff like this. :lol:

I tend to wear similar stuff every week. Shorts in the warm weather, leggings when its cold, tank top & a sweatshirt when I need it. I don't know if I'm fooling myself or not, but I figure if I keep the weight of what I'm wearing consistent, I'll get a more accurate reading at the scale. Of course, everyonr in my meeting probably thinks I only have like 3 outfits rtto my name since that's all they ever see me in. :blush: :lol:

#94 fire_rocket

fire_rocket
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 05:51 PM

Hey you gotta do what works! I always consider my clothes when weighing in. I'm tempted to wear something lighter next week but I'm curious to see what I may actually lose this week.

What do you guys typically eat in a day? I'm having trouble coming up with ideas to stay in my points range. I can't believe anyone that says it's hard to eat 29 points in a day. HA!!

I had a 5 point smoothie for breakfast. Apple for morning snack. Salad pre-lunch. 4 point sandwich for lunch and a 4 pt sweet potato. I'm roughly down to 14 points left for the day and I know I'll be hungry this afternoon, and then there's dinner to consider. OY vey.

#95 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,667 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 07:52 PM

I typically try to eat lower points for breakfast (yogurt or banana), and for lunch (ham/turkey rollups, salad, soup), and save the bulk of my points for dinner.

That's just how I do it.

I try to leave a few for a snack at night as well, like air popped popcorn, or some fat free pudding, or string cheese. :ura1:

#96 SunshineDrummer

SunshineDrummer

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 12,143 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 08:00 PM

I try to make sure I have either fruit or veg with each meal. It helps since most fruits/veg are 0 pts per serving, so I'm not always hungry & looking for a snack.

Today I've had:

B: Fat free greek yogurt with blueberries & raspberries

L: Brown rice with steamed broccoli & soy sauce, sliced pineapple, celery sticks

This is typical for me. I'm not really a big eater during the day. Don't know what dinner's going to be yet.

#97 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 11:28 AM

So I am starting to feel better. All this better eating is bringing my energy back to me. :clapping:

#98 foo

foo
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 02:03 AM

I went off during the christmas break and didn't count points since I had been on with little to no cheating since Aug. We had 3 weeks off from school and I snacked whenever I wanted! The holidays killed me ... Now that I am back to work and back counting points I find that I am so hungry! I weigh in tomorrow morning. I will let you know how it goes! :undecided:
but I just need to remember I am down 20lbs / 2 sizes....well 3 if I don't mind the muffin top! :funny1:

#99 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,667 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 11:42 AM

Good luck! :ura1:

#100 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 02:50 PM

I am going to weigh in today..... Its so cold I don't want to go out side :undecided:

But I want to see if I have any improvements this week. I would be happy with maintaining with all that ate this week.

I think i might have lost a little, I can see it in my face