• Please log in to reply
506 replies to this topic

#451 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,562 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 04:36 PM

It was a big lobster....

But I was down 1.6 lbs last week. Now i need to keep on my elliptical.

#452 SunshineDrummer

SunshineDrummer

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 12,148 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 05:10 PM

I thought lobster was relatively low in points, it's the butter that really makes it bad? :undecided:

Depends on the portion and how its prepared. And yes, if your a fan of butter with lobster, that can put it through the roof!

#453 gotroot801

gotroot801

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 06:34 PM

I gained 6 in the two weeks before Christmas, then lost 5 the following week. When I weighed myself on my home scale I was up those same 5 (skipped last week's weigh-in due to work).

I have no idea what to expect when I weigh in next. :confused1:

#454 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,562 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 07:04 PM

I really want to loose enough to have a health and long life :heart:

#455 SunshineDrummer

SunshineDrummer

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 12,148 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 08:12 PM

I gained 6 in the two weeks before Christmas, then lost 5 the following week. When I weighed myself on my home scale I was up those same 5 (skipped last week's weigh-in due to work).

I have no idea what to expect when I weigh in next. :confused1:

I'm not even gonna say how much I was up this week. :bang:

Time to get this fat ass back off the couch.

#456 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,562 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 02:50 PM

:afro: I had a 57 point day yesterday :cry:

#457 SunshineDrummer

SunshineDrummer

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 12,148 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 04:32 PM

:afro: I had a 57 point day yesterday :cry:

So I guess that a good majority of your extra weekly points are gone? ;)

No worries, just get it back together & press on. You can do it!!

#458 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,562 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:55 PM

I have 20 extra points and 18 exercise points.

Today was a little better.... i only used 5 extra points.

#459 SunshineDrummer

SunshineDrummer

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 12,148 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:28 PM

Strated a new exercise routine, yesterday was day 3 and I was feeling much more comfortable and feeling like "yes, I can do this!" Then I tweaked a muscle in my calf and today I'm limping. :sad:

My own fault. Lesson learned: even if you're doing it in the privacy of your own home, don't attempt to do a cardio workout barefoot. Put the damn sneakers on. :bang:

Here's hoping a few days of rest will get me off the DL & back to it. Until then, I'll at least tryo to keep going with upper body workouts.

#460 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,562 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 08:54 PM

That sucks... I hope you recovery soon.

#461 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,562 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:09 PM

So i made it up to 20 minutes on the elliptical today... I was happy until WW only gave me 1 activity point :undecided: WTF.... that deserves at least 2 points :bang:

#462 fire_rocket

fire_rocket
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:25 PM

Just have to chime in again to say that WW works. I tracked everything last week, still used up all my extra weekly points, exercised just a little more than before, and I lost 1.8 this week. :dance:

I'm tracking no matter what I've eaten, and counting no matter what. I've got a big party and travel weekend coming up and I'm prepared- I got the restaurant points guide book as well as some on sale 2 pt bars.

#463 SunshineDrummer

SunshineDrummer

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 12,148 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 06:04 PM

Leg's feeling better, I bowled last night with no issues. Back to my new workout DVD tonight (WITH sneakers!)

#464 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,562 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 12:04 AM

Leg's feeling better, I bowled last night with no issues. Back to my new workout DVD tonight (WITH sneakers!)

:clapping: :clapping:

#465 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,562 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 02:50 PM

ok, so I am getting ready to go weight in.....

I hope I lost at least 1 pound.... I would be happy with 1 pound.

I seem to be a late night snack person.....I need to find a way not to eat late at night. Any suggestions that help you? I was reading that warm liquids help with the desire to eat. So I am going to start having decaf hot tea at night.

#466 SunshineDrummer

SunshineDrummer

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 12,148 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 08:21 PM

Got weighed yesterday, down 3.8! I was shocked since my activity was so limited.

Challenge for the day: surviving the Giants game without overdoing the beer & wings. :undecided:

Gmoon: I'm a nighttime eater, too so I save a certain amount of points for snacking at night. I also try to make sure some of my snacks are zero point stuff (like fruit) and I try to keep to stuff like WW snacks. Its not always easy but like anything, once you establish a routine it gets a bit better. I also try to get to bed at a more reasonable hour during the week. I figure if I'm sleeping, I can't eat! lol And it makes for a less cranky Mel come the morning.

#467 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,562 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 09:44 PM

I was down .4 lbs. I guess that was good since I ate like crazy but I also had a mad amount of activity points that I didn't even eat into.

I am going to try and save points for night time. I definitely am going to try and sleep more than I eat....

I painted the dining room today, I didn't even notice how long it took me till I realized it was after 4. I earned 18 points for painting! :dance:

I am really going to try harder not to give into my cravings to eat. It is going to be a little harder with my camera man out of town but I want to stop so that should be half the battle!

#468 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,669 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 11:25 AM

Hey guys! Question for you! How is the points plus 2012 different from points plus?

Just curious. After the baby, I was thinking of doing WW again but see that it has changed again.

#469 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,283 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 12:17 PM

Answer - go back to bed

#470 SunshineDrummer

SunshineDrummer

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 12,148 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 05:05 AM

Hey guys! Question for you! How is the points plus 2012 different from points plus?

Just curious. After the baby, I was thinking of doing WW again but see that it has changed again.

Slight changes to the PointsPlus program. A few points values for food have been adjusted and there's a little more flexibility re: your daily target. So far, so good, changes haven't been major. More like a little tweak to the PointsPlus thing.

Don (gotroot801), his wife and I go to meetings together so if you have questions, please ask! (But first, stay healthy & happy and have a healthy Baby Llama ;) )

#471 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,562 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 02:33 PM

I am doing ok with the changes. I am trying to get my points under control so I can adjust them down to the 26 daily points.

#472 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,562 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 05:15 PM

So what does everyone make for breakfast?

I have been making egg white omelets with tons of fresh veggies every morning.

I am looking for some suggestions without using a ton of points but fills me up.

#473 fire_rocket

fire_rocket
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 01:51 PM

I usually make either oatmeal or a smoothie.

For my oatmeal I get these packets called Oat Fit- they are only 3 PP per packet. I add a cup up apple and 1 tsp of peanut butter to it to make a 4 point breakfast.

For my smoothies I always use a full banana, frozen strawberries, and other fruit, plus 3/4 cup of unsweetend almond milk, 1 tsp flax oil, 1 tsp peanut butter, and 1 tsp of this greens powder I have. This is also another 4 point breakfast.

Both of these options fill me up and keep me full for a few hours. I typically eat at work at 8:15 or so, and I usually am good for a snack at 11.

#474 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,669 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 02:05 PM

Slight changes to the PointsPlus program. A few points values for food have been adjusted and there's a little more flexibility re: your daily target. So far, so good, changes haven't been major. More like a little tweak to the PointsPlus thing.

Don (gotroot801), his wife and I go to meetings together so if you have questions, please ask! (But first, stay healthy & happy and have a healthy Baby Llama ;) )

I will talk to you in July. :funny1:

Thanks lady! :)

DON AND NAOMI! Aww I miss all you peoples!

#475 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,562 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 05:16 PM

I usually make either oatmeal or a smoothie.

For my oatmeal I get these packets called Oat Fit- they are only 3 PP per packet. I add a cup up apple and 1 tsp of peanut butter to it to make a 4 point breakfast.

For my smoothies I always use a full banana, frozen strawberries, and other fruit, plus 3/4 cup of unsweetend almond milk, 1 tsp flax oil, 1 tsp peanut butter, and 1 tsp of this greens powder I have. This is also another 4 point breakfast.

Both of these options fill me up and keep me full for a few hours. I typically eat at work at 8:15 or so, and I usually am good for a snack at 11.

I like oatmeal too.... I add fresh bananas to it. :ura1:

#476 fire_rocket

fire_rocket
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:47 PM

It's Better Oats instant oatmeal. Freaking amazing, tons of flavors and super cheap!!

#477 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,562 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:24 AM

I had my first kickboxing class today and loved it!!!!!

I signed up for 55 classes :boogie:

I figured i would do at least once a week and if i am feeling the need I can go twice a week.

But I really hope this helps me over the hump of no weight loss.

Plus i need to slim my legs down in time for Hawaii! :dance: :jump: :boogie: :ura1:

#478 fire_rocket

fire_rocket
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:51 PM

55 classes- wow! Was that super expensive??

I lost 3.6 last night and I'm within 1 pound of my lowest weight since starting WW last year. I'm within a pound or 2 of hitting 10% so I'm doing something right! It really pays to actually do the program and track everything you eat, no matter what. :wink:

#479 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,562 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:34 PM

I am pretty good at haggling on prices, I got it for less than $10 a class. I am going to start going 2 times a week.

#480 SunshineDrummer

SunshineDrummer

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 12,148 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 06:48 PM

Down 2.6 this week! :ura1: I re-joined the gym I used to go to and I'm really happy I did. I've started Zumba classes and I'm back to Sunday morning yoga. Feels good. :)

#481 Nuthatch

Nuthatch
  • VibeTribe
  • 590 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:00 PM

Anybody using (that is, understand) the PowerStart tracker?

#482 SunshineDrummer

SunshineDrummer

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 12,148 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:20 PM

Anybody using (that is, understand) the PowerStart tracker?

Are you talking about the trackers you get at the end of the Power Start sessions? If so, I might be able to help if you have questions. I track on eTools, but I'm familiar with the Power Start stuff.

#483 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,562 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:50 PM

Great Job Mel!

#484 Nuthatch

Nuthatch
  • VibeTribe
  • 590 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:27 PM

Are you talking about the trackers you get at the end of the Power Start sessions? If so, I might be able to help if you have questions. I track on eTools, but I'm familiar with the Power Start stuff.

Thanks. I guess I originally thought it was more complicated than it actually is. It is basic tracking with the Smart Choices Spaces on the back. (BTW, I miss the graph that used to be in the old trackers to track times of day being hungry or satiated.)

#485 fire_rocket

fire_rocket
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:45 PM

Glad this wasn't erased in the migration. Not that anyone's using it anymore but it's useful to go back in time and see what we were all up to.

I'm still plugging along- I got to my lowest weight in a few years 2 weeks ago and got my 10%. Then I gained a tiny bit and THEN St Patty's Day and a Guinness party happened. Tonight should be pretty bad but that's OK cuz I'm back on track.

#486 Joe

Joe
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:01 PM

So I've managed to start taking on some of the principles of WW to help in my weight loss and physically fit path in life. I've cut my fat intake by half if not a quarter of what I was eating before. Between that and making better choices overall I've managed to come down 5 more pounds this past month. I have a feeling if I keep up my exercising and eating right, I should be down another 15 to 20lbs by my birthday in June.

#487 fire_rocket

fire_rocket
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:15 PM

That's great!

#488 Joe

Joe
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:18 PM

I've also recently discovered Greek yogurt. I had no clue how much I would enjoy it. Sprinkle some fresh berries and a little granola, definitely a tasty combination.

#489 SunshineDrummer

SunshineDrummer

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 12,148 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:34 PM

Greek yogurt also has a higher percentage of protein than regular yogurt. Seems to make it more filling (at least for me).

Still on my way back to goal, but getting very close. Had hoped to be there before we left for vacation, but that's this Friday and I'm still about 1.3 away. not too bad-- a little over 8 pounds in the same # of weeks so I'm losing at the average rate WW recommends. :)

Now to keep things on an even keel while we're away so I don't have to start all over (again).

#490 Smiles

Smiles
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:07 AM

I went to sign up online after seeing a Charles Barkley comercial saying it was free. Got to the site and found out I had to pay $56 for a 3 month membership toget the deal.

$56? I could get 50 McDoubles for that much!

Maybe Im missing the point...

gonna try to get a bike on craigslist instead.

#491 Joe

Joe
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:26 PM

If anyone is looking for a new workout video I found Jillian Michael's Body Revolution. I'm on week 3 of the 90 day program and so far I really like it. It's basically like her 30 day shred video but perfected. I like it's a 90 program and there are more then enough videos to do that you don't get board.

Recently I've upped my weights I lift and decreased my fat intake by 50%. I've found with working out 6 days a week, 3 days on/one day rest schedule, for 30 mins a day, and reducing my fat intake I've managed to break my 4 week loosing weight hump. I'm almost to 180 and by my birthday in June I'm hoping to be in the 175 - 180 range. Which means I have only 10 more pounds to go. As long as I keep loosing about 1 to 2lbs a week I should be gold. Whats become really motivating is how my body is physically changing and how my cloths are getting huge on me. All though I have to admit, it's annoying almost all my button down shirts don't fit me anymore. I really need to go out and buy some new cloths.

Starting weight 215 08/2011
Current weight 182 04/2012

#492 deadheadskier

deadheadskier
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,033 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:06 PM

good job Joe

I too weighed 215 and now fluctuate between 180 - 185. At this point, I try not to pay attention to the scale and just focus on maintaining my exercise routine. I suppose I could lose another 10#, but as they say the last 10 are the hardest. I'm just happy I've maintained between 180-185 for six months. I briefly got down to 175, but that was more stress than a healthy effort.

#493 SunshineDrummer

SunshineDrummer

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 12,148 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:11 PM

Went on a cruise the first week in April & managed to gain back the weight I'd lost in the previous month worrying about putting on a bathing suit while on the cruise. D'oh!! :bang:

Have had a hell of a time getting back on track since. So this morning I dragged my sorry butt out of bed a little early so I could make myself a smoothie for breakfast. I used to do this all the time and think I'm going to try getting back into it. I've never been a big breakfast eater and this is a good way for me to get something nutritious in me before work and I find that since I'm blending rather than juicing, it keeps me full longer since the fiber & pulp is still there.

#494 Joe

Joe
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:29 PM

Today I discovered a new Greek yogurt brand called FACE and I'm hooked. I always go for the 0% fat free stuff and finally the super market had 0% FACE Greek yogurt. Usually it's gone before I even get to it. I always noticed that so I figured it had to be worth trying. Now I know first hand why it's always gone.

#495 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,864 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:48 PM

Greek yogurt is a staple in my house these days...I put it in smoothies, curries, and eat it with granola. While I do not follow WW persae, I do try to incorporate the principles as much as possible.

I'm down 12 lbs since I started regularly exercising in mid-late February. Like DHS I am trying not to focus on the scale though but rather paying attention to the results of weight training and cardio. :thup: That said however, I know I still have approximately 15 lbs to go before I am at (what I think) is my ideal healthy weight.

Way to go everyone!

#496 SunshineDrummer

SunshineDrummer

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 12,148 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:46 PM

Today I discovered a new Greek yogurt brand called FACE and I'm hooked. I always go for the 0% fat free stuff and finally the super market had 0% FACE Greek yogurt. Usually it's gone before I even get to it. I always noticed that so I figured it had to be worth trying. Now I know first hand why it's always gone.

Face? or Fage? (Just wondering if there's another brand of Greek yogurt out there I need to find. I'm addicted to it!!)

Posted Image

Fage is awesome. I also like Chobani and find that its on sale a little more often. Oikos from Stonybrook is also yum.

#497 Joe

Joe
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:44 PM

Face? or Fage? (Just wondering if there's another brand of Greek yogurt out there I need to find. I'm addicted to it!!) Fage is awesome. I also like Chobani and find that its on sale a little more often. Oikos from Stonybrook is also yum.

I guess I made a mistake you're right it's Fage.

Posted Image

#498 Joe

Joe
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:12 PM

Big day for me, I finally reached 180lbs. It's been a really long time since I've been this weight and I couldn't be more thrilled then I am right now about reaching this point. Only 15lbs more to go!!!!!!!

Starting weight 215 08/2011
Current weight 180 04/2012

#499 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,864 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:21 PM

Way to go Joe! :clapping:

#500 dorslovebugs

dorslovebugs
  • VibeTribe
  • 7 posts
  • Locationstratford

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:29 PM

my boyfriend are both on WW. Have been for a few months. we both do the online. its soo easy. I have done the meetings in the past, but when you can only go certain times and you dont like the leader, it sucks.
i also bought a scale that in digital to keep a close tab on my progress.

I've lost about 14 pounds and my BF has lost about 23. Hate that its easier for men. seriously not fair. he gets 56 points a day and I get 26. thats the weight loss amount. once you hit your goal your allowed about 32 or so a day.

i also do not add my exercise into my points. It works much better that way!

Dor